Match Thread Rochdale vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Feb (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

The week is certainly dragging - which shows how much positivity there is around the team currently. Albeit pressure too.

It will be interesting to see how he sets up, and I think Rotherham will help dictate that. If he wants to be offensive from the off against Rotherham with Allen/O’Hare that could mean Shipley/Westbrooke start this one, and vice versa.

I would give McCallum a rest too based on form especially as we have such a highly regarded player ready to step in, but other than that I would start the same team as against Southend, and give any combination of Allen/O’Hare/Biamou/Baka 30 minutes at the end.

This will be tougher than some expect, I remember being fairly impressed with them against us and however easy a game might look on paper, it rarely is in reality. That being said, it’s a game we should be winning.

Already looking forward to some of the posts if we aren’t winning by 30 minutes.

0-3, Walsh, Shipley, Godden.

W

westcountry_skyblue

The week is certainly dragging - which shows how much positivity there is around the team currently. Albeit pressure too.

It will be interesting to see how he sets up, and I think Rotherham will help dictate that. If he wants to be offensive from the off against Rotherham with Allen/O’Hare that could mean Shipley/Westbrooke start this one, and vice versa.

I would give McCallum a rest too based on form especially as we have such a highly regarded player ready to step in, but other than that I would start the same team as against Southend, and give any combination of Allen/O’Hare/Biamou/Baka 30 minutes at the end.

This will be tougher than some expect, I remember being fairly impressed with them against us and however easy a game might look on paper, it rarely is in reality. That being said, it’s a game we should be winning.

Already looking forward to some of the posts if we aren’t winning by 30 minutes.

1-3 for me,Henderson with his usual goal for them against us.
Can’t understand why no one went in for him,Normally gets 15-20 a season?

Mcbean

You can't show games in between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on a Saturday by UK law. As far as i know its there so attendances wouldn't suffer for lower league games, fans staying in the pub or at home to watch Liverpool rather than go to the lower league game on their doorstep.

Not sure if anyone remembers when Spanish games used to be on early Saturday night and the first 15 minutes would be of guys sat in the studio talking then it would switch to the game, i assume that was why.

Now i wasn't aware that would matter to a replayed week game. I'm still not entirely convinced to be honest, I'm sure if we looked at Prem games that have been rearranged there would have been ones that have been shown on sky.
It’s a bit like the tv licence law - break it and you have a criminal record - complete bollox

Magwitch

Tough game Rochdale and our record at Spotland is horrible, don’t understand this giving McCallum a rest thing, our defence has been rock solid lately and he’s a part of it, I reckon MR will start with Allen/ Walsh/O’Hare from the off and change if needs be later.

Sky Blue Pete

Tough game Rochdale and our record at Spotland is horrible, don’t understand this giving McCallum a rest thing, our defence has been rock solid lately and he’s a part of it, I reckon MR will start with Allen/ Walsh/O’Hare from the off and change if needs be later.
I always fear starting with Allen and ohare as if we are level we can’t step things up. That said he’s gone two up top or brought max on to change things and that’s worked too

CCFC88

Expect it could be the team that started vs Southend. We were the width of a post away on two occasions from going in at ht with a lead. That 11 is fully capable of going to Rochdale and winning, if it doesn't go to plan plenty of options from the bench once again.

Think he will then revert to the team that beat Portsmouth for Tuesday night.

RegTheDonk

Shows how dull we all are here

Seriously though, embarrassing “journalism”
Lol, to think a few years ago Gilbert was warning people here not to paste CT stories because of breaking copyright. Think the only reason it was done was to save waiting half an hour for their ad-ridden pages to load.

Looking at the positive though lads, SBTalk is getting a bit of publicity and being taken notice of in the media. Rather a balanced voice of the fans was quoted from here than from Facebook or the Trust's twatter feed.

On the game itself, if Jones has reportedly been playing a central role behind the strikers in the under 23s, might be an option to give him a start along with Shipply? Change it around at half time?

SkyBlueCRJ

Lol, to think a few years ago Gilbert was warning people here not to paste CT stories because of breaking copyright. Think the only reason it was done was to save waiting half an hour for their ad-ridden pages to load.

Looking at the positive though lads, SBTalk is getting a bit of publicity and being taken notice of in the media. Rather a balanced voice of the fans was quoted from here than from Facebook or the Trust's twatter feed.

On the game itself, if Jones has reportedly been playing a central role behind the strikers in the under 23s, might be an option to give him a start along with Shipply? Change it around at half time?

Judging from Robins' own comments I think it's unlikely JJ will start this season as MR won't want to rush him into first team action without being 100% ready. It's probably more likely that he'll be coming off the bench making the odd appearance here or there to either see the game out or try to capitalise on tired legs in the final 10-15 mins.

skyblue025

We haven't played for a week and Robins gave them a few days off while the new portacabin changing rooms were dropped in. No one should need a rest and they should all be firing on full cylinders. Get 2 or 3 up then make some subs with tuesdays game in mind. PUSB.

Londonccfcfan

This week really is dragging, its dragged all my positivity away and i don't know why

Magwitch

Each game will be more and more nerve racking I wonder if it’s more for us ccfc fans than others we’ve not had a sustained promotion push like this and in our hands for over fifty years, and just three or four seasons ago languishing mid-table in division four Perhaps we are all waiting even expecting for the wheels to come off.

SkyBlueCRJ

Each game will be more and more nerve racking I wonder if it’s more for us ccfc fans than others we’ve not had a sustained promotion push like this and in our hands for over fifty years, and just three or four seasons ago languishing mid-table in division four Perhaps we are all waiting even expecting for the wheels to come off.

3 or 4 years ago? Don’t you mean 2 years ago?

fernandopartridge

We spent one season in league 2 and got promoted. We were never ever languishing in mid table

Badger

I am finding it more stressful than in relegation seasons. I find that it is worse when the match is on if I cannot go and watching for scores but am a lot calmer when at the match because it always feels like we can and will win.

Great_Expectations

I am finding it more stressful than in relegation seasons. I find that it is worse when the match is on if I cannot go and watching for scores but am a lot calmer when at the match because it always feels like we can and will win.

Same - it’s a bizarre thought process really, as we can’t influence it anymore by being there but always fees as though we’re more likely to get a result!

Users who are viewing this thread