Robins (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Mark Robins really deserves so much credit. He really seems to have the knack at City. The way he has stuck by players like McNulty and Biamou and brought the best out of them, not to mention spotting talents such as McDonald and Davies is amazing. We are so lucky to have him in a league 2.

Get up to the Ricoh, get behind these young lads and support Robins and his push for promotion. If this fails it could be a long time before we are in this position again.

Not forgetting Widdrington who was brought in for the recruitment side ;)

Nick

Administrator
We desperately were crying out for a leader. No matter what his shortcomings talent wise. No one can argue he's a true leader and huge voice in dressing room who has by all accounts impeccable standards for training etc.

Exactly, you see it when other players speak they listen to what he says and he constantly wants to get everything out of every player.

This made me laugh yesterday

RoboCCFC90

That's Doyle I'm talking about.

DGipuciXUAQleZT.jpg:large

The man is a leader and to me one of my favourite Cov players of all time, yes he isn’t technically gifted like other players, but he always gives 100%, he puts himself on the line and wears the badge with immense pride.

Nothing but love for Doyler from me.

steve82

Not forgetting Widdrington who was brought in for the recruitment side ;)

A unsung hero with what work he's done in little time over the summer.

Hopefully this summer we will get bigger benefit of him having a year in the role.

stevefloyd

I do rate Robins, but at times I do believe he is riding his luck a bit.

Made some dodgy substitutions and failed to make substitutions when they have been needed and made the wrong substitutions on occasions in taking the incorrect players off.

Looks great yesterday that 3-1, but we could have easily lost that game.

Had we lost we would have been down to 10th and he would have been very much under critical scrutiny.

It's a very fine line.
But if he was making all the right decisions and substitutions he would be managing at as higher level but he is doing alright in my eyes

stevefloyd

It’s also some of the tough decisions he has made like getting rid of Rose and Bigi in the summer. I personally would have moved mountains to keep them. Whereas he has brought in Doyle and had faith in Baylis, which has paid handsome dividends!
I don't think it was tough getting rid of Rose, it was a god send and In Bigis case there wasn't a decision to be made he decided himself, with the help of his agent, he was going

ccfcway

if we lost yesterday some would have said his time was coming to an end...

Its a very fine line how this season will go..

BlueElephant

Can we all just for a second imagine where we would be if Russell Slade was still in charge.

I'm a huge Robins fan, he's by far the best manager we could hope for right now and is doing a brilliant job.

Speedies_Chips

Also remember when we were always famous for conceding late goals. Every week we would let a goal in in injury time! He has changed all of that and changed the culture of the club.

I don't think we are famous for that reason. When I tell someone I support CCFC they don't say oh yes, is that the team that always concedes late goals.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
As with all managers, probably makes changes later than the fans would like, I wanted fresh legs on for McNulty yesterday to close down them bringing the ball forward but 2 mins later, he scores so what do we know.

He is capable, he has a reasonable rapport with the players, not a great one, he keeps his distance which is what he grew up in with Fergie etc but overall, I wouldn't swap him for any other manager.

You can easily end up with people like Thorn/Slade.

He does need to make play offs as a minimum this year though.

speedie87

I hope robins succeeds this season if only to shut up those people who always want the manager out after 2 bad results

covcity4life

It's due to the simple decision to move both Bigi and Rose on is why the defensive aspect of our game is so good, keep them on in L2 and well... I dread to think

That was a no brainier, Rose and Bigi or Doyle and Kelly.

Aside from that I like MR, CCFC and him seem a good fit. A few times you can question his decisions, mainly subs in games or lack of but it's his side and he's the one who knows the players inside out.

We need to trust him, so in MR we believe in.
Except he didnt move bigi on did he? Offered him a nee ckntract to stay a d bigi chose to go to motherwell

He was tackling very well in his 2nd stint with us so imo he would have been very good for us in the middle as we see relient we sre on bayliss passing to get stuff going from midfield

That said this thread ainy about that but lets not lie a d say he moved bigi on. Thats like saying he mkves goerge thomas on.

Otis

I thought Stevenson and Bayliss were struggling after 60 minutes and we're running on empty tanks and was concerned he was not addressing that side of the team
I thought Stevenson looked incredibly fresh yesterday. He was warming up lovely.

Shipley looked like he was struggling though.

steve82

Except he didnt move bigi on did he? Offered him a nee ckntract to stay a d bigi chose to go to motherwell

He was tackling very well in his 2nd stint with us so imo he would have been very good for us in the middle as we see relient we sre on bayliss passing to get stuff going from midfield

That said this thread ainy about that but lets not lie a d say he moved bigi on. Thats like saying he mkves goerge thomas on.

Actually you are correct he did offer a deal to him I recall, I remember his agent saying non league players are on more than what we were offering!

Might of been a tactical cheeky offer, knowing his agent would move him on to better things!!

We've done so well agreeing on a few things for over a week! Lol

However i draw a line in the sand that Bigi would of been a success in L2 tho. Give me Kelly every day over him!!

covcity4life

I think thats abig assumpyion to make. It could juet have been a sisu budgrt ckntract and bigi sgent wsnted more. Might not have been lowballed though

I think bigi was excellsnt under robins ens to last season so convinced he would have been hood in league 2 but it doesnt matter now. We have had 2 cebtral misfield partnerships in league 2 and both have been successfull

Doyle deserves so much credit considerinf he has been a part of both of them

steve82

I think thats abig assumpyion to make. It could juet have been a sisu budgrt ckntract and bigi sgent wsnted more. Might not have been lowballed though

I think bigi was excellsnt under robins ens to last season so convinced he would have been hood in league 2 but it doesnt matter now. We have had 2 cebtral misfield partnerships in league 2 and both have been successfull

Doyle deserves so much credit considerinf he has been a part of both of them

I don't think he's got the aggressive streak in him to thrive at this level. A typical Morden day academy product where the ability is there but not the mental strength to live up to his ability.

He moved on so we will never know now. I'm happy with the outcome, as is his agent.

covcity4life

I don't think he's got the aggressive streak in him to thrive at this level. A typical Morden day academy product where the ability is there but not the mental strength to live up to his ability.

He moved on so we will never know now. I'm happy with the outcome, as is his agent.

I dunno he was making so many goal linr blocks last season. Think there was a will to win.

Least willis has taken over that mantle now

Otis

DGipuciXUAQleZT.jpg:large

The man is a leader and to me one of my favourite Cov players of all time, yes he isn’t technically gifted like other players, but he always gives 100%, he puts himself on the line and wears the badge with immense pride.

Nothing but love for Doyler from me.
Not a big fan, but it's obvious what he brings to the team in terms of spirit and energy and morale.

I remember Kenny Dalglish saying that the dressing room was the major factor in Blackburn winning the league title when he was in charge.

He said the team spirit and positivity from the dressing room was beyond measure.

Sky Blue Pete

Made some dodgy substitutions and failed to make substitutions when they have been needed and made the wrong substitutions on occasions in taking the incorrect players off.

Had we lost we would have been down to 10th and he would have been very much under critical scrutiny.

It's a very fine line.
Course it is but that’s the game

steve82

I dunno he was making so many goal linr blocks last season. Think there was a will to win.

Least willis has taken over that mantle now

Must be the reason why Lee Burge got the sponsors MOTM Gael Bigirimana trophy award yesterday.

He met the criteria to be a winner.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's a very fine line.

I understand what you say but I think that also shows the character of his teams he builds.

I noticed it in his first spell here as well, we could be playing average or poor in a match. And then we have a good minute 15 minute spell in the game and we will score 2 or 3 goals in that spell and take the game away from the opposition.

So we could have only played well for 20 minutes and come out comfortable winners

Otis

I understand what you say but I think that also shows the character of his teams he builds.

I noticed it in his first spell here as well, we could be playing average or poor in a match. And then we have a good minute 15 minute spell in the game and we will score 2 or 3 goals in that spell and take the game away from the opposition.

So we could have only played well for 20 minutes and come out comfortable winners
I do rate him and I do like him. Just feel like he has made a number of errors this season.

CovBurty

It's due to the simple decision to move both Bigi and Rose on is why the defensive aspect of our game is so good, keep them on in L2 and well... I dread to think

That was a no brainier, Rose and Bigi or Doyle and Kelly.

Aside from that I like MR, CCFC and him seem a good fit. A few times you can question his decisions, mainly subs in games or lack of but it's his side and he's the one who knows the players inside out.

We need to trust him, so in MR we believe in.
I couldn't have put that better myself. Bigi and Rose struggling in Scotland. We needed to offload them good job Robins did.
My only criticism of Robins is our attack. Again it was evident v Swindon, McNulty is very much a lone striker, to get us in autos we need another goalscorer. Biamou will not get enough goals, as he plays too deep. I guess Robins is looking but with only peanuts to spend and a crap wage to offer, we will be lucky to pick one up. Other than that I rate Robins. Just feel we can't afford to fail this year. Need that 3rd spot. No more injuries please footy God!!

Polar

But along the same lines, we could have easily won vs Exeter away or Port Vale away. They didn't deserve to win those games.

I agree he is doing a good job, my one and only criticism is that he doesn't use the substitutes as much as he could.

But then again in saying that Swindon used all three of theirs and were terrible substitutions as Norris and Woolley shouldn't have been taken off.

This - we’ve definitely hung on and got away with it a few times, but on other occasions I really feel we deserved more. That’s footy I suppose.

I know consistency is key but we saw yesterday how momentum can shift, and game can turn. I think Robins has generally got a good ‘gut’ and can read a game well - but he’s only human of course.

Return of Kelly, Vincenti and McDonald might help with those earlier more positive subs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Can we all just for a second imagine where we would be if Russell Slade was still in charge.

I'm a huge Robins fan, he's by far the best manager we could hope for right now and is doing a brilliant job.

he's 12 points behind us with a far inferior budget

Grendel

Grendel

In charge of Cov, not talking about what happened afterwards.

Means nothing in isolation. Some things work some don’t. If they’d hung in the 3 games we conceded very late it may have ended up differently.

Users who are viewing this thread