Robins (1 Viewer)

donald_trumps

Mark Robins really deserves so much credit. He really seems to have the knack at City. The way he has stuck by players like McNulty and Biamou and brought the best out of them, not to mention spotting talents such as McDonald and Davies is amazing. We are so lucky to have him in a league 2.

Get up to the Ricoh, get behind these young lads and support Robins and his push for promotion. If this fails it could be a long time before we are in this position again.

Otis

I do rate Robins, but at times I do believe he is riding his luck a bit.

Made some dodgy substitutions and failed to make substitutions when they have been needed and made the wrong substitutions on occasions in taking the incorrect players off.

Looks great yesterday that 3-1, but we could have easily lost that game.

Had we lost we would have been down to 10th and he would have been very much under critical scrutiny.

It's a very fine line.

clint van damme

Made some dodgy substitutions and failed to make substitutions when they have been needed and made the wrong substitutions on occasions in taking the incorrect players off.

Had we lost we would have been down to 10th and he would have been very much under critical scrutiny.

It's a very fine line.

Agree. And with so many young players how he uses his substitutions if going to be vital. Especially at home with a pitch like a ploughed field.
He nearly screwed it up yesterday.

donald_trumps

We just beat a team who we lost out on signing a new striker to (Richards) - possibly cause they have a bigger budget. To turn that around with this victory and for Richards to probably be regretting his decision at full time was a massive result. Doyler has a chat with Richards at full time, I am sure he was reminding him what could have been. It would have been very easy for us to have lost out yesterday and dropped out the race.

donald_trumps

Also remember when we were always famous for conceding late goals. Every week we would let a goal in in injury time! He has changed all of that and changed the culture of the club.

NortonSkyBlue

We just beat a team who we lost out on signing a new striker to (Richards) - possibly cause they have a bigger budget. To turn that around with this victory and for Richards to probably be regretting his decision at full time was a massive result. Doyler has a chat with Richards at full time, I am sure he was reminding him what could have been. It would have been very easy for us to have lost out yesterday and dropped out the race.
Too simplistic! Wouldn't have been out of anything if we lost yesterday, granted it would be more difficult.
Why should Richards regret joining Swindon? They lost a game but are still in the mix.

bawtryneal

Really important we get a tried and tested experienced number 9 or 10 in this window to play alongside McNulty
Needs experience alongside the youth as is going to be a tough few months to make the playoffs let alone automatic.
Really difficult job for Robins and his team because it is what all the competitors are trying to achieve.
Kelly coming back in will help plus McDonald being fit means can rest Davis and Willis, Shipley and Baylis.
Who is leaving is also key. I fear one of the bigger names like McDonsld, Willis or McNulty.

letsallsingtogether

Wait until next week or the week after that.
You may have to call him a Taxi!
Make it an uber their cheaper.
:) ;)

donald_trumps

It’s also some of the tough decisions he has made like getting rid of Rose and Bigi in the summer. I personally would have moved mountains to keep them. Whereas he has brought in Doyle and had faith in Baylis, which has paid handsome dividends!

Londonccfcfan

It's a very fine line.

But along the same lines, we could have easily won vs Exeter away or Port Vale away. They didn't deserve to win those games.

I agree he is doing a good job, my one and only criticism is that he doesn't use the substitutes as much as he could.

But then again in saying that Swindon used all three of theirs and were terrible substitutions as Norris and Woolley shouldn't have been taken off.

Grendel

If mcnulty was injured and out for the season what would people’s thoughts be then? Unless we sign another striker we are putting everything on one pmayer

Londonccfcfan

It’s also some of the tough decisions he has made like getting rid of Rose and Bigi in the summer. I personally would have moved mountains to keep them. Whereas he has brought in Doyle and had faith in Baylis, which has paid handsome dividends!

Agreed completely.

Also dropping McDonald is a big call. But you can see the rational behind his decisions and so can the players so it seems a fair call. Play well and you stay in the team.

Brought Stokes back into the team after Haynes experiment has worked.

Chopped and changed with Devon Kelly Evans/Vincenti at the right times too.

Handled the volatile Nazon too.

donald_trumps

Get a new number 9 to support Max (who should be a new man after getting his goal) and with kelly coming back to give Baylis a break and we will be well set up for the end of season push

Londonccfcfan

Get a new number 9 to support Max (who should be a new man after getting his goal) and with kelly coming back to give Baylis a break and we will be well set up for the end of season push

Yes agreed Kelly will take a couple of games to get up to speed. So will be ideal for Baylis to come on for Kelly in next few games against tiring teams. Will also give Baylis a breather too as he's played a lot of gruelling 90 mins in a short period of time.

Londonccfcfan

it's pretty much imperative that we sign another striker who can hit the ground running.

That's the key point. Not someone who's not match fit. Pointless.

But I think the squad is looking very strong (touch wood) with Vincenti and Kelly coming back provides that experience to back up the youngsters. Excited to see more of Barrett too.

smileycov

Facebook User

It's a very fine line.
That’s the way this league goes, bad pitches players without consistency it is lowest end league football. Yesterday was similar to last week, we should never have lost to Exeter, I think Swindon could feel the same. Loving the roller coaster season and so good to be at the right end for a change. Robins is perfect for us imo

Warwickhunt

Agree. And with so many young players how he uses his substitutions if going to be vital. Especially at home with a pitch like a ploughed field.
He nearly screwed it up yesterday.
I thought Stevenson and Bayliss were struggling after 60 minutes and we're running on empty tanks and was concerned he was not addressing that side of the team

NortonSkyBlue

Agreed completely.

Also dropping McDonald is a big call. But you can see the rational behind his decisions and so can the players so it seems a fair call. Play well and you stay in the team.

Brought Stokes back into the team after Haynes experiment has worked.

Chopped and changed with Devon Kelly Evans/Vincenti at the right times too.

Handled the volatile Nazon too.
Robins didn't drop McDonald, Davies came in and has done very well.
That's the best reinforcement to a statement any manager can have. Play well keep the shirt.

Londonccfcfan

Robins didn't drop McDonald, Davies came in and has done very well.
That's the best reinforcement to a statement any manager can have. Play well keep the shirt.

Earlier in the season Davies came in for McDonald. And was immediately reinstated to starting line up even after a good game.

Also I think sends a clear message to the players. If you have the flu, or expecting a child etc, and it's fair to say he missed a couple of games through little niggles??. You can't expect to walk back into the team.

RoboCCFC90

47 games played since Mark Robins returned to CCFC, 23 games won, that’s almost 50% win percentage, which is just shy of his win percentage from his first spell as manager.

Sometimes as a fan I feel like he could do things differently, but he’s getting results and installing belief to the players and the supporters.

He’s doing a great job in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

I was looking to see Barrett yesterday for the last 30 but have to say dke coming on for Maguire-Drew was the right choice (albeit 15 mins late in my opinion). I was surprised Shipley wasn’t subbed as he looked a spent force most of second half and Baylis tired also. On reflection it showed how much robins and team rely on the unsung Doyle.

skybluetony176

Being serious for a moment. He’s a good fit for the club and that shows. He’s made some mistakes along the way but that’s the nature of the beast. The man that made no mistakes made nothing. Does he ride his luck or is he a lucky manager? He has a lot of shit to deal with and overcome that’s not football related but does effect the footballing side. Hence the constant appeal for supporters. I don’t think we’ll finish in the top 3 but he’s our best chance of that. We’ve been unlucky with injuries and he’s managed to adjust for that and I think he’ll keep us in the playoffs. With JJ and Andrews I think we’d be top 3 for sure. Certainly no taxi required and you’re a knob who’s failed to grasp the situation we’re in if you’ve even contemplated adding the taxi number to your speed dial. When it comes to staff who aren’t squad members Robins is the strongest link. Save your taxi for the weakest.

clint van damme

47 games played since Mark Robins returned to CCFC, 23 games won, that’s almost 50% win percentage, which is just shy of his win percentage from his first spell as manager.

Sometimes as a fan I feel like he could do things differently, but he’s getting results and installing belief to the players and the supporters.

He's doing a good job in my opinion but there are some concerns which hopefully he'll address.

NortonSkyBlue

This percentage is even better when you consider that the previous incumbent had a percentage of 16% and Robins improved the side immediately.

steve82

It's due to the simple decision to move both Bigi and Rose on is why the defensive aspect of our game is so good, keep them on in L2 and well... I dread to think

That was a no brainier, Rose and Bigi or Doyle and Kelly.

Aside from that I like MR, CCFC and him seem a good fit. A few times you can question his decisions, mainly subs in games or lack of but it's his side and he's the one who knows the players inside out.

We need to trust him, so in MR we believe in.

Londonccfcfan

It's due to the simple decision to move both Bigi and Rise on is why the defensive aspect of our game is so good, keep them on in L2 and well... I dread to think

That was a no brainier, Rose and Bigi or Doyle and Kelly.

Aside from that I like MR, CCFC and him seem a good fit. A few times you can question his decisions, mainly subs in games or lack of but it's his side and he's the one who knows the players inside out.

We need to trust him, so in MR we believe in.

We desperately were crying out for a leader. No matter what his shortcomings talent wise. No one can argue he's a true leader and huge voice in dressing room who has by all accounts impeccable standards for training etc.

Users who are viewing this thread