Robins post match/mcallum sale (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

I know we are in League 1 and still very much near the bottom of the food chain etc., but this kid’s value will sky rocket in the next 2-3 years. Our stadium predicament obviously doesn’t help in terms of being able to resist what is seen as a much needed revenue boost, but in the long term a couple of million is next to nothing.

Just look at the Wilson’s and Maddison’s. Bournemouth (inevitably) and Norwich are the beneficiaries of players that we have nurtured and developed, and will recoup 10 fold if not more than what we initially flogged them for.

I truly hope we can keep the wolves at bay for another year at least. The development he has made in the past 6 months is nigh on incredible. For his sake alone, playing regularly in a successful team will do him far more benefit than in an under 23’s league for a Prem 2nd string.

Ring Of Steel

If or when McCallum goes.
What would be more preferred a new striker or to try and get walsh in on a permanent deal?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

striker, get up this season instead of planning for next.

however goalscorers are rare- where do you find them unless you have a few million swilling around?

He’s no idiot, he’ll have a plan for if he goes.

As for £1m, that values a “Premiership quality” player at not too much more than Godden. I’d say bearing in mind where we are £1.75m to £2m plus a loan for rest of season gets him.

Then we can add him to the list of players who’ve left us for better things and gone on to hardly kick a ball.
Sad to say there’s been a list of players gone for money and never made it to the big time. Club makes something and the player does well ££ (who wouldnt take the pay rise) but do they make the first team? Did they play any games? Thomas , Bayliss, Etc. Agents and added to our poor level of income this season -driving these deals to be even more important this year sadly. Big gamble

Ring Of Steel

Sad to say there’s been a list of players gone for money and never made it to the big time. Club makes something and the player does well ££ (who wouldnt take the pay rise) but do they make the first team? Did they play any games? Thomas , Bayliss, Etc. Agents and added to our poor level of income this season driving these deals to be even more important this year sadly. Big gamble
You say that, but if you are, say, Ben Stevenson, and you know that a) you’re probably going to play zero football at Wolves, but b) you’re going to potentially make 1/4 to 1/2 a million quid in one year flat, it’s a gamble worth taking for him.

Cavan O'Doherty

Was told yesterday that bid was 1.5 million.
Let's be realistic here.
And we knew this would come back to bite us.... with people choosing not to attend games, the club need to recoup money.
Obvious way of doing it.
If you aren't going to home games out of choice, don't dare to moan when we sell players.
Excuse me mate, we all have a right to moan if we sell players due to the lack of income. We should not be in this position in the first place, nobody should have to go and watch their team outside their own city. Blaming people for not going to watch us at St Andrews is frankly outrageous. They are not the ones responsible for us having to sell our best players to make up the deficit, the 3 groups of charlatans involved in moving us out of Coventry are!

Ring Of Steel

Excuse me mate, we all have a right to moan if we sell players due to the lack of income. We should not be in this position in the first place, nobody should have to go and watch their team outside their own city. Blaming people for not going to watch us at St Andrews is frankly outrageous. They are not the ones responsible for us having to sell our best players to make up the deficit, the 3 groups of charlatans involved in moving us out of Coventry are!
If you want to go the whole hog you can trace that back to McGinnity and the infamous bridging loan, but that’s another story.

pusbccfc

£1.5m is not enough in this day, regardless of where we are playing.

I said at the time and I say it now, we massively undersold Maddison. Even with the add ons, we should not have let him go for less £7/8m, we all knew how good he was.

SkyBlueDom26

If we sell him for a couple mill and robins gets at least a couple hundred thousand to spend on someone or a couple it will be okay, what will be shit is not getting any money to bring anyone in or not getting him back on loan

Ring Of Steel

I said at the time and I say it now, we massively undersold Maddison. Even with the add ons, we should not have let him go for less £7/8m, we all knew how good he was.
It’s not about what is or isn’t enough though is it. It’s what people are willing to pay and how desperate we are for money, same as everything else. The guy’s value could be massively different from his price.

Ring Of Steel

you’re totally missing the point, it doesn’t work like that. Let’s say you’re bankrupt and you need money right now, pronto. Your house is worth £200k. The only offers you have are £125k- are you gonna say no and watch it repossessed or sell? We did it to plenty of people ourselves- John Aloisi was a good example, we got him for nothing and Portsmouth went mad that we’d totally ripped them off- we had, but they had no choice but to sell.

pipkin73

He never said that, he said "If you aren't going to home games out of choice". The club needs money to survive and only have so many way's to get it. If you won't go by choice then can you moan when the club need to sell players? He never said you are wrong to not go, everyone make a choice and sticks by it, but the ones going are the ones making sure the club get's revenue to keep it running.
We all (except for the Coventarian or what ever he is called) agree that all 3 are at fault in this mess, but we as supporters need to try and keep the club going and if we don't then can we really moan when the club sell players?

Ring Of Steel

He never said that, he said "If you aren't going to home games out of choice". The club needs money to survive and only have so many way's to get it. If you won't go by choice then can you moan when the club need to sell players? He never said you are wrong to not go, everyone make a choice and sticks by it, but the ones going are the ones making sure the club get's revenue to keep it running.
We all (except for the Coventarian or what ever he is called) agree that all 3 are at fault in this mess, but we as supporters need to try and keep the club going and if we don't then can we really moan when the club sell players?

you are totally and completely right. The ones that do go are propping the club up and swallowing a whole lot of bitterness in doing it.

skyblue1991

McCallum is not our best player no way!

prospect maybe not best player. Mason more than adequate replacement
Agree he is not.

Just wish some fans were realistic. We are a League One club playing tenants in a city 20 miles away. We have to balance the books somehow.

However any less than £2m then it's disappointing. I would keep until the summer. We go up then his value doubles. We stay down then sell for £2m.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Cavan O'Doherty

I’m not moaning at the club having to sell players, i’m just worried it will be the inevitable sell and not replace. He needs some of the money to reinvest, even if it’s a fraction just to push us over the line.

shepardo01

Yes! Thank you Pipkin

SeaSeeEffCee

McCallum is probably the 8th/9th best player in our starting line-up and considering we have Mason waiting in the wings he’s completely expendable.

cc84cov

100% McCallum Goes this window we all know how this goes we’ve been here plenty times before

Users who are viewing this thread