Robins on CWR (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

The problems with robins are not just football related - though that’s pretty dire at the moment

So what are the non football related problems?I'm not privvy to them.

The Reverend Skyblue

I’m just very concerned that going on Robins record at this level, and with clubs with more money than us ,is completely pants. A decent lower league manager, yes I’d agree, but he‘s now on his third attempt at this level and he’s fucked it up twice, and it’s not looking great the third time.
The bloke has got ‘ Robins is our God’ flag for finishing sixth in league two and winning a league by default, Christ I bet he’s pissing himself laughing.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m just very concerned that going on Robins record at this level, and with clubs with more money than us ,is completely pants. A decent lower league manager, yes I’d agree, but he‘s now on his third attempt at this level and he’s fucked it up twice, and it’s not looking great the third time.
The bloke has got ‘ Robins is our God’ flag for finishing sixth in league two and winning a league by default, Christ I bet he’s pissing himself laughing.

Nobody else was going to win L1 last year, not even the mad Irishman at Peterborough was debating that

cc84cov

Yes. And relegation battle is what we both predicted pre season.
Why are you now expecting better?
It’s the manner which we’ve ended up in it even robins feels with better away form we are a mid table team,his poor and weak team selections bein so cautious and negative is why we are here,Wycombe both Forest games Brum games there is loads more he’s bottled it

DazzleTommyDazzle

Let’s put Robins managerial record with us factually
He got us out of League two via the playoffs, that’s a fact
He didn’t get us out of league One as stated above, COVID-19 did, that’s a fact

his record at this level is horrendous, another fact
there all sorted
Wonder why Covid chose us to get promoted? Maybe because we both start with Cov? Lucky it didn’t choose some other team!

The Reverend Skyblue

Not having that. We were flying, top of the league, 5 points ahead of Rotherham and with a game in hand. We were going to win the league, nothing to do with covid.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It’s like hitting your head against a brick wall, of course we could, and most likely I agree, that we would have won the league, but that’s not a fact.
A fact is what actually happened, and for the last time ,we won the bloody league due to a point scoring sytem adopted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
christ it’s hard work on here with some

Evo1883

Yes I have for 55 years, what’s your point or are you angry someone disagrees with you. You really need to calm down, this is a site for all views.
your point we wouldn’t have lost any remaining games, this questions your memory, because we have been absolutely fantastic winning games we should of , especially over the last two decades haven’t we !!
It's my opinion your opinion is shite ...so I agree it's all about opinions

Evo1883

I think Evo is defo related to robins he won’t have a bad word said altho we are bang in relegation form 😝 hoping he’s right tho as of Monday as we need the manager to react
I'd like to think I was more level headed , and hope the board are the same too.

Definitely not related, I do my best to not snap at you as I think you're harmless

cc84cov

I'd like to think I was more level headed , and hope the board are the same too.

Definitely not related, I do my best to not snap at you as I think you're harmless
For what it’s worth Ive always respected your opinion mate and optimism it’s a matter of opinions we just don’t agree on this one lol 🤝

clint van damme

For what it’s worth Ive always respected your opinion mate and optimism it’s a matter of opinions we just don’t agree on this one lol 🤝

You don't agree with your September self. Fair enough,we can all change our mind

cc84cov

You don't agree with your September self. Fair enough,we can all change our mind
Go back see what I was saying in September

go back pre season where I said I worry too much is on Godden & we haven’t got experience at the level

been saying it’s us Wednesday Wycombe for months

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It is not just a team that has to develop and be open to new ideas on promotion. The same I think can be said of managers.

If we stay up, I still think we will but it will be touch and go until the end, I think MR has to take a long hard look at what he has done this season. He needs to go away and talk to coaches outside of his normal circle, take on new ideas. He has to expand his knowledge and understanding at a higher level. Then he has to apply it, clearly and in a focused way.

If he comes back with the same play book that worked in L2 & L1 but doesn't in the championship then it is time for him to move on.

It is not just players that have to be up to the task.

junglej13

Robins for the first time is really starting to infuriate me. The system/formation is absolutely horrendous. The players must hate playing at the minute. We have no out ball, get penned in and literally don't get out of our half for the large part of all the games. The January transfer window an attacking midfielder should have been no. 1 priority. We signed James so we now have four defensive midfielders plus Eccles! Rose and Dabo's seasons haven't got going. They have been forced to come in and start games when they have had very little training and barely played any reserve mins. We look a really poor side at the min.

clint van damme

aT tHiS LeVeL

Is that
Robins for the first time is really starting to infuriate me. The system/formation is absolutely horrendous. The players must hate playing at the minute. We have no out ball, get penned in and literally don't get out of our half for the large part of all the games. The January transfer window an attacking midfielder should have been no. 1 priority. We signed James so we now have four defensive midfielders plus Eccles! Rose and Dabo's seasons haven't got going. They have been forced to come in and start games when they have had very little training and barely played any reserve mins. We look a really poor side at the min.

that's a fair assessment.

Philosorapter

Just a reminder of last season.

We were absolutely flying last season. Whilst the pandemic did stop the league and we went up as Champions, it was not the main contributing factor of why we were promoted.

Apologies for the chart, I'll have to sort it out properly one day.

D

Deleted member 4439

It’s like hitting your head against a brick wall, of course we could, and most likely I agree, that we would have won the league, but that’s not a fact.
A fact is what actually happened, and for the last time ,we won the bloody league due to a point scoring sytem adopted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
christ it’s hard work on here with some

But of course, you weren't trying to make a point about it being a fact, rather that MR somehow got lucky, and which we all know is bollocks.

You are right, it is hard on here sometimes.

NorthernWisdom

Not having that. We were flying, top of the league, 5 points ahead of Rotherham and with a game in hand. We were going to win the league, nothing to do with covid.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I don't think we would, tbh, but that's years of supporting us means I expect the worst, tbh! You can, however, only play with the cards you're dealt with, and on that basis we were the best side in that division, that season. It's nonsense to suggest it's somehow lucky, as none of us know what would happen going forward, and we put ourselves in the position to be top of the table - no luck about that.

TomRad85

So many illogical posts. Robins did a brilliant job getting us from where we were to where we are now and that should always be treated with respect and remembered fondly. On the other side of the coin if he takes us down, he's failed and he goes, simple as that for me. No room for sentiment in this game.... the grey area is, looking at how utterly awful we've been recently, should we bin him now and hope for a new manager bounce to squeak us over line? I have no idea, ask me again after Bristol.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Super Graham Withey

The jump in standard from League One to the Championship is massive. Teams that have been promoted always struggle. Without a big increase to the playing budget we were always going to be a relegation fight this season. Robins has made a few mistakes but ultimately he is not to blame for us being uncompetitive at this level.

Super Graham Withey

So many illogical posts. Robins did a brilliant job getting us here from where we were to where we are now and that should always be treated with respect and remembered fondly. On the other side of the coin if he takes us down, he's failed and he goes, simple as that for me. No room for sentiment in this game.... the grey area is, looking at how utterly awful we've been recently, should we bin him now and hope for a new manager bounce to squeak us over line? I have no idea, ask me again after Bristol.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
And although ultimately I don.t blame Robins and blame SISU for us being unable to compete at this level a new voice in the dressing room could be what is required right now.

Legia Sky Blue

Listening to MR's interview it sounds like Biamou & Kelly are likely to miss out on Monday as will Rose. I would be very surprised if Allen or Shipley feature in the starting line up for the remainder of the season too. He did seem fairly forgiving of Da Costa so it might be he gets one more chance on Monday. Was interesting how he focused on the different attitudes of players playing home & away. Eakin touched on questioning that point without taking it further, given the lack of crowds as to why that should be the case.

Anyhow from all that I fully expect and want to see us start the game on Monday much more aggressively. We need to play 2 up front to close their space from as far up the pitch as possible, but which will also then allow us a better chance of retaining possession when we get forward ourselves, and provide us more players in the box when we do get forward. Defensively if the opposition are in control of possession & start playing keep ball we need to be more disruptive by committing harder challenges & committing more fouls if necessary - yellow cards don't really matter now, and it seems most refs in this league let a lot go anyway so we need to be more savvy about that.

My preferred team in 4-4-2 formation given likely availability would be:

Marosi
Pask, Ostigaard, McFadzean, McCallum
Hamer, Eccles, James, O'Hare
Godden, Walker

However, I suspect MR will start the Bristol game with 5-3-2 though, with Da Costa and Hyam playing instead of Pask and Eccles. If he does go with that then the mindset of the team still has to be to play aggressively from the off. We will quickly know how well we will be doing by whether our wing backs are on the front foot or the back foot. If they are on the back foot then I don't want to see MR being slow in making changes. This game feels mightily important and how we approach it is likely to set the tone for the remainder of the season.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just read what MR said about the game. All seemed a bit muddled to me in parts. Pretty much like the team on the day.

We didn't play 2 up front" because we would get passed off the park" sorry but first half we were passed off the park.

Walker and Gyokeres "made a difference " well yes and as he said the game already lost..... but as a front 2

"Front three" where? Shipley and Hamer couldn't get out of midfield and Godden not fit enough

Need "leaders" well players have that in them or they don't it isnt suddenly going to appear. Little evidence of leadership in any of the players I saw yesterday. There are not many leaders in the squad. Surely part of leadership comes from the manager and I think MR is feeling the pressure/frustration of the bad results and performances

Need to be tougher mentally, again yes but if they are not now then it isnt going suddenly happen over next few weeks till end of season when greatest pressure is on

"Got to find a way" well yes just not convinced he knows what the "way" is just now so how does he communicate that to the players.

It was players this players that but the messages from the coaching staff are not getting through it seems. Has been like this for some time it wasn't just yesterday it seems. The team looks confused, obviously lacks confidence but he is right losing does seem to become a" comfort blanket " that allows them to start playing. It also allows MR to make substitutions and be more attacking, makes it look like there is hope and its down to the players

All muddled in his thinking it seems to me. In that respect I think the team reflects that.

Fingers crossed that changes and we manage to pick up at least 6 points in the games remaining. Still think we will stay up but it will be because the teams below us are just enough behind and with their own problems.

Last edited:

cc84cov

Listening to MR's interview it sounds like Biamou & Kelly are likely to miss out on Monday as will Rose. I would be very surprised if Allen or Shipley feature in the starting line up for the remainder of the season too. He did seem fairly forgiving of Da Costa so it might be he gets one more chance on Monday. Was interesting how he focused on the different attitudes of players playing home & away. Eakin touched on questioning that point without taking it further, given the lack of crowds as to why that should be the case.

Anyhow from all that I fully expect and want to see us start the game on Monday much more aggressively. We need to play 2 up front to close their space from as far up the pitch as possible, but which will also then allow us a better chance of retaining possession when we get forward ourselves, and provide us more players in the box when we do get forward. Defensively if the opposition are in control of possession & start playing keep ball we need to be more disruptive by committing harder challenges & committing more fouls if necessary - yellow cards don't really matter now, and it seems most refs in this league let a lot go anyway so we need to be more savvy about that.

My preferred team in 4-4-2 formation given likely availability would be:

Marosi
Pask, Ostigaard, McFadzean, McCallum
Hamer, Eccles, James, O'Hare
Godden, Walker

However, I suspect MR will start the Bristol game with 5-3-2 though, with Da Costa and Hyam playing instead of Pask and Eccles. If he does go with that then the mindset of the team still has to be to play aggressively from the off. We will quickly know how well we will be doing by whether our wing backs are on the front foot or the back foot. If they are on the back foot then I don't want to see MR being slow in making changes. This game feels mightily important and how we approach it is likely to set the tone for the remainder of the season.
So their mentality Weak away from home their a mentally weak bunch at what we are seeing but that comes from management down he looks to have lost the players tbh and this morning I heard he’s had a fall out with O’Hare off a pal who’s heavily involved with the club

Users who are viewing this thread