Robins linked with Bristol City. (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Hasn’t NP managed in the PL?
So has Mowbray and Boothroyd. I don’t know what credentials having been sacked from Leicester having inherited a team that had won the premier league yet achieved nothing with them gives him. He’s done nothing successful as a manager and Leicester aside his win ratio is shit at every club he’s managed. He’s a nothing manager who fluked a job in the premier league through circumstance not ability.

Magwitch1

Well you challenge him by idiotically ordering taxis every year - is there actually some hope that you might be gone? 😀
That mantra by Grendel will continue even if Robins left and replaced by Klopp, Pepp & Jose all rolled into one because in his strange mind there is no-one out there who could possibly be better at managing ccfc than him any sort of success narks him, a strange supporter.

Sick Boy

So has Mowbray and Boothroyd. I don’t know what credentials having been sacked from Leicester having inherited a team that had won the premier league yet achieved nothing with them gives him. He’s done nothing successful as a manager and Leicester aside his win ratio is shit at every club he’s managed. He’s a nothing manager who fluked a job in the premier league through circumstance not ability.
He was Leicester manager the season before they won the PL.
Didn’t he get Leicester promoted to the PL from the Championship? How is that achieving nothing with them?

Last edited:

Sick Boy

What’s that got to do with success? I’d take Robins over Pearson all day long. Aidy Hoofroyd managed in the premier league, doesn’t make him a good manager
Both managers got clubs promoted to the PL, which I’d definitely define as a success.
Not saying I’d like either as manager but to say that neither of them have had success is not correct.
It’s like someone dismissing Robin as having had no success despite winning promotions.

Tommo1993

Didn’t he get Leicester promoted to the PL from the Championship?

So would most, on their then budget. Like when Jackett got Wolves promoted with the highest L1 budget in history I believe, and got sussed in the championship.

Magwitch1

I think there were issues at Leicester between Pearson and the then club owner who sadly was killed in that helicopter crash, he left Leicester quite abruptly.

Sick Boy

I think there were issues at Leicester between Pearson and the then club owner who sadly was killed in that helicopter crash, he left Leicester quite abruptly.
A lot of Leicester fans I know credit him for laying the groundwork that led to the title winning season and are still fond of him.

procdoc

Both managers got clubs promoted to the PL, which I’d definitely define as a success.
Not saying I’d like either as manager but to say that neither of them have had success is not correct.
It’s like someone dismissing Robin as having had no success despite winning promotions.
Robins is currently the most successful manager in the country outside of the premier league. Any manager would have got that Leicester team promoted, they cheated their way out of administration and the new owners poured loads of money in

Grendel

So would most, on their then budget. Like when Jackett got Wolves promoted with the highest L1 budget in history I believe, and got sussed in the championship.

Odd to mention Jackett and not his promotion and championship stability at Millwall

Grendel

Robins is currently the most successful manager in the country outside of the premier league. Any manager would have got that Leicester team promoted, they cheated their way out of administration and the new owners poured loads of money in

Leicester went into admin about 20 years ago didn’t they?

Sick Boy

Leicester going into Administration and Pearson winning promotion happened 12 years apart.

no_loyalty

A lot of Leicester fans I know credit him for laying the groundwork that led to the title winning season and are still fond of him.

He didn’t do too bad in the transfer market tbf, he bought Vardy and Mahrez.

ovduk78

The same club owner who subsequently made Pearson manager at OH Leuven?!

Grendel

Yeah the football league changed the rules not long after didn’t they? Basically back then you could get into loads of debt and start again without any repercussions. We should have done it!

Yes we should and one person wanted to do he was got rid of

procdoc

When Leicester got promoted back to the premier league The club’s owner bankrolled Leicester’s rise from the Championship with more than £100m investment. As I say anyone would have got them promoted. Pearson is shite

no_loyalty

Yeah the football league changed the rules not long after didn’t they? Basically back then you could get into loads of debt and start again without any repercussions. We should have done it!

The company who built the Walkers stadium lost millions because of it.

Sick Boy

When Leicester got promoted back to the premier league The club’s owner bankrolled Leicester’s rise from the Championship with more than £100m investment. As I say anyone would have got them promoted. Pearson is shite
To go from League 1 up to the PL is going to take serious investment most of the time.
It’s like someone writing off top managers as being shite because they manage teams who’ve won trophies through investment.
Some of the rewriting of history on this thread has been great.

skybluetony176

Didn’t he get Leicester promoted to the PL from the Championship? How is that achieving nothing with them?
Fair doos. My memory has let me down. They did get promoted under him with a big budget though, so big it broke FFP rules. I doubt he’d achieve anything under the constraints Robins has had and his record (Leicester aside) isn’t anything to write home about. I still wouldn’t want him over Robins and I suspect that the best he’d ever be here would be a flash in the pan like Mowbray. Robins has given us continued success, the team has kicked on every season under constraints and adversity. I really don’t know why people think anyone else could do better under the same circumstances.

Sick Boy

Fair doos. My memory has let me down. They did get promoted under him with a big budget though, so big it broke FFP rules. I doubt he’d achieve anything under the constraints Robins has had and his record (Leicester aside) isn’t anything to write home about. I still wouldn’t want him over Robins and I suspect that the best he’d ever be here would be a flash in the pan like Mowbray. Robins has given us continued success, the team has kicked on every season under constraints and adversity. I really don’t know why people think anyone else could do better under the same circumstances.
I don’t want him as manager either but would have preferred him over Coleman back in 2007 - I think he’d proven to be more successful for us.

Grendel

Who was that out of interest? I have blocked a lot of that period out haha

Richardson. As most of the money was owed to someone who wanted it back the puppet became chairman

Magwitch1

I wouldn’t necessarily agree with that they had a good squad but I don’t remember them spending a 100million but what they had and still do was a match winning striker plucked from the lower leagues Jamie Varney, his goals brought success and that has been built on very well. They will miss him when he needs replacing.

Sky Blue Harry H

Have a look at this re: Bristol City and their injuries this season (including, obviously, Liam Walsh!

Remarkably bad !!!

Amended up to and including Nottingham Forest at Home with the corrections and clarifications by the Posters above.

LEAGUE Games only...
Currently injured- up to and including Nottingham Forest Home:
  • Baker- 41 games
  • Williams- 27 games in first spell, 13 in second spell.
  • Walsh- 35 games in 1st spell, 2 in second spell?
  • Weimann- 34 games
  • DaSilva- 30 games
  • Paterson- 12 games in first spell, 9 in second spell.
  • Op. Edwards- 20 games.
  • O'Dowda- 3 games in first spell, 14 in second spell, 3 in third spell?
  • Pring- (Injured Post Recall)- 19 games.
  • Watkins- 13 games in first spell, 3 in second spell and 1 in third spell to date.
  • Adelakun (Injured Post Recall)- 17 games.
  • Martin- 15 games.
  • Moore- 5 games.
  • Bell- 2 games
Those who were injured:
  • Mawson- 16 games in first spell, 10 in second spell - no longer at the club.
  • Sessegnon- 22 games.
  • Nurse- 14 games. Was already injured when being recalled from loan.
  • Rowe- 12 games.
  • Ow. Edwards- think 11 games and counting- 2 or 3 to Covid, the remainder to injury.
  • Brunt- 4 games - no longer at the club.
  • Kalas- 4 games.
  • Lansbury- 2 games.
  • Bentley- 1 game.
  • Nagy- 1 game.
  • Vyner- 1 game.
Those who missed out through Covid- though Bakinson was both Covid and injury?:
  • Bakinson- 4 games.
  • Diedhiou- 1 game.

procdoc

To go from League 1 up to the PL is going to take serious investment most of the time.
It’s like someone writing off top managers as being shite because they manage teams who’ve won trophies through investment.
Some of the rewriting of history on this thread has been great.
Pearson is not a top manager though. His record since proves my point

TM8792

Am I alone in wanting us to change manager at the end of the season if we go up? I just don't think Robin's could take us any further than we are now.

If we went down I'd happily keep him however.

procdoc

I wouldn’t necessarily agree with that they had a good squad but I don’t remember them spending a 100million but what they had and still do was a match winning striker plucked from the lower leagues Jamie Varney, his goals brought success and that has been built on very well. They will miss him when he needs replacing.

procdoc

Am I alone in wanting us to change manager at the end of the season if we go up? I just don't think Robin's could take us any further than we are now.

If we went down I'd happily keep him however.
Yeah we should definitely sack the most successful manager currently outside of the premier league. Have a word with yourself pal

Users who are viewing this thread