Robins linked again (1 Viewer)

squeeam

Following news that Pope Benedict XVI is to retire bookies have installed Mark Robins as favourite for the job.

jimmyhillsfanclub

:)

There's no way Robins would go there though.....

...Their Youth Development policy is even worse than ours.....:whistle:

torchomatic

I think you'll find that "youth development" in the Catholic Church means something else entirely...

:)

There's no way Robins would go there though.....

...Their Youth Development policy is even worse than ours.....:whistle:

Cv3cov

Jesus saves!......................Clarke misses the rebound!

torchomatic

Ibby

Approach been made for Robins. He wants it. Should progress later tonight and tomorrow.

sad he leaving the club.

Lord_Nampil

And the mirror is always the first place to produce news that's true..... Didn't they say robins was going to Doncaster ?

Stevearcade

People need to relax. I understand we're nervous about the only apparently great manager we've had in some time, but I don't think Robins will leave City until we're in the Championship and he's head hunted by a premiership team. At least, that's what I'd do if I were him.

stupot07

The huddlesfield stories do seem to have a bit more meat to them than the previous articles linking Robins to Doncaster, etc.

This is a bit worrying.

georgehudson

if there is substance behind these reports, & MR was to accept the job, it would spell the 'death knell' for s*su,
therefore, more pressure on JS & goldiggers,
but then again wait for the fraternity of sheep to 'ba',
money talks in relation to ambition & it would clearly spell out F, W, & co's idea of progress,
we await the bovine stuff from F & W et al

Could Mark Robins be loyal to the Sky Blues? Or should he be loyal as City gave him a start over how many applicants for a League 1 managers job? City are on the up with Robins in charge & like a previous poster said - get us up & wait for the offer from a Premiership club don't move sideways - or is money his only motive?

D

Deleted member 4439

Could Mark Robins be loyal to the Sky Blues? Or should he be loyal as City gave him a start over how many applicants for a League 1 managers job? City are on the up with Robins in charge & like a previous poster said - get us up & wait for the offer from a Premiership club don't move sideways - or is money his only motive?

Life isn't that simple. Look what he's done without money, and ask what more can be done. Have to make quick decisions when doors could be closing.

georgehudson

so what's the potential or prospect, a lesser club, or a continuation with a club with a huge potential,
the big, BUT being the real ambition of the owners

D

Deleted member 4439

Not a question of ambition. By all (end of year) accounts, SISU simply haven't the money, nor the exit strategy they desire.

YorkSB

This is tenuous but I work with a Huddersfield fan whose Dad is friends with a player there. He said this morning that he's heard it's Robins they're getting.

Could be rubbish or premature (& I hope it is) but that's what he said.

Last edited:

sky blue john

At the end of the day he is under contract and can only speak to orher clubs if sisu grant permission !!!!
Obviously the only people who can feck this up are sisu !!!
And the only reason for sisu letting him go would be to cash in on him !!!
At the end of the day he is probably sisu's most valuable asset and we know what sisu do with those ?

Grendel

At the end of the day he is under contract and can only speak to orher clubs if sisu grant permission !!!!
At the end of the day he is probably sisu's most valuable asset and we know what sisu do with those ?

Cash in on him? Are you serious. Compensation would be minimal. Finding a new manager more expensive.

Nothing to do with the owners. They refuse to grant permission he can just resign.

The notion we are a bigger club is embarrassing.

Probably he is disillusioned. He attracts a record crowd one game the next the fans can't be bothered with him or the team and just stay at home.

Sky Blues

The Mirror story suggested a "six-figure" compensation, but given the only version of the story to contain a quote was the following lame effort in the Sun I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt at the minute*: 'Town caretaker boss Mark Lillis admitted: “The main thing for us is staying in the Championship. But the FA Cup is important."'

*though I reserve the right to be totally unsurprised were Sisu to accept such an offer.

RoboCCFC90

I really want Mark Robins too stay for the first time in a long while Robins has that bit about him which I admire and think he could really do wonders for this club, please stay Mark Robins!! MRSBA!!

skyblue1523

In all this could happen huddersfield have a chairman that will back MR in the transfer market as far as i am aware he has something like 300 million tucked away in his bank account.IF SISU give permission to hudderfields to talk to him we will lose him.im worried we final have a manger doing a good job and it looks like we will lose him sisu need to wake up and see the bigger picture unless they offer silly money say 5 million which you get for being in the championship i would turn them down all the time.SISU need to look at the long term not the short term . very worried fan

torchomatic

You do talk bollocks, don't you?

If Robins wants to go then he will; we can't stop him, whether SISU grant permission not. Personally, I think he'll stay.

I see that this is going to be another stick to whack SISU with, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread