Robins linked again (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Do we get Norwood back;)

AFCCOVENTRY

Has Robins moved into Cov Warwickshire area?

I understand his family are still up in Yorkshire?

Fact is he has a release clause which Sisu can't do anything about if Huddersfield meet it.

It's down to robins now

PVA

Huddersfield have a decent squad...

Alex Smithies
Oliver Norwood
Anthony Gerrard
Sean Scannell
Adam Clayton
Danny Ward
James Vaughan
Neil Danns
Jermaine Beckford...

Are all good players.

You have to feel that a) Robins would like the chance to work with those players and b) he'd do a bloody good job and would get them flying up the league.

Sub

can not be true as it is not news thursday !!! only on that day will i believe anything in the telegraph !!!:whistle::whistle:

Mucca Mad Boys

Huddersfield have a decent squad...

Alex Smithies
Oliver Norwood
Anthony Gerrard
Sean Scannell
Adam Clayton
Danny Ward
James Vaughan
Neil Danns
Jermaine Beckford...

Are all good players.

You have to feel that a) Robins would like the chance to work with those players and b) he'd do a bloody good job and would get them flying up the league.

Too many strikers there...

hill83

I think he might take it to be honest. They are in a better position than us at the moment. If I was him I'd take it.

Delboycov

I think he might take it to be honest. They are in a better position than us at the moment. If I was him I'd take it.

I agree with you...I think people need to take off their sky blue tinted glasses for a second as it's quite easy to see why he'd want to go there.Also if our promotion bid continues to falter and we end up mid table he might not be held in such high esteem come May and may not be getting the offers he is now.What an absolutely shite 7 days for us though if he does go.

Last edited:

torchomatic

You said it, "at the moment". It's up to Robins, I suppose. Take a risk and jump ship for a club doing ok "at the moment" or take a risk with Coventry City.

They are in a better position than us at the moment.

torchomatic

For me nothing to do with Sky blue tinted glasses or anything like that. Why go to Huddersfield? It's obvious he's a good manager and he knows it. Why not wait for a bigger club? Hudderfield, with all respect, are going to be a yo-yo club like us. Will going to Huddersfield Town be career progression?

I agree with you...I think people need to take off their sky blue tinted glasses for a second as it's quite easy to see why he'd want to go there.Also if our promotion bid continues to falter and we end up mid table he might not be held in such high esteem come May and may not be getting the offers he is now.What an absolutely shite 7 days for us though if he does go.

hill83

You said it, "at the moment". It's up to Robins, I suppose. Take a risk and jump ship for a club doing ok "at the moment" or take a risk with Coventry City.

That's pretty much why it's difficult to say either way. But to completely write off the chance of him leaving would be foolish.

torchomatic

The thing is, if he leaves, then he leaves. We can't do much about it. The usual idiots will just blame SISU anyway. If he goes then it's because he wants to go.

valiant15

I wonder who put the 6 figure release clause in his contract? If they've any ambition of getting out of this league then they'll reject huddersfields aproach. If they grant permission,then we no they want to cash in(as usual).

Mucca Mad Boys

I think if MR leaves, it's because he's fearing that CCFC are in slight decline (form has overall been on the down in 2013) and may jump a seemingly steady ship to save his reputation, and obviously has the opportunity enhance his rep at Huddlesfield.

I'd impagine he'd be more likely to take the Blackpool jog though?

torchomatic

I would have thought he would have. What is the advantage for the club to do so?

I wonder who put the 6 figure release clause in his contract? If they've any ambition of getting out of this league then they'll reject huddersfields aproach. If they grant permission,then we no they want to cash in(as usual).

torchomatic

PVA

Mr Robins, I'd imagine.

Delboycov

For me nothing to do with Sky blue tinted glasses or anything like that. Why go to Huddersfield? It's obvious he's a good manager and he knows it. Why not wait for a bigger club? Hudderfield, with all respect, are going to be a yo-yo club like us. Will going to Huddersfield Town be career progression?

Currently it would be career progression as they play in a higher league.I'm sure if he were to merely keep them up this season..which he would more than likely do...that would be deemed as being a success and his reputation would be enhanced even further. The offers from above would continue to come in I think and probably from bigger clubs than if he stayed as the manager of a mid table league 1 side. I don't think he'd have to manage a club with the 'threat' of it being wound up for non payment of rent if he went there either.

torchomatic

Hold on. You keep saying how shit they are at business, etc but when it suits you decide that they have put it in just in case he becomes a brilliant manager and every other club wants him. I think you SISU paranoia is working overtime.

So they gey a nice wedge maybe?

torchomatic

The Ginormous, massive, colossal point you seem to be missing is that if Robins goes it'll be because Robins wants to. Nothing to do with release clauses, which chances are Robins put in there himself; so he would have an opportunity to jump ship.

Great,let him go,let's stay in this shit league for another 5 years eh. I couldn't give a toss about their losses.

hill83

The Ginormous, massive, colossal point you seem to be missing is that if Robins goes it'll be because Robins wants to. Nothing to do with release clauses, which chances are Robins put in there himself; so he would have an opportunity to jump ship.

You are wasting your time

Mucca Mad Boys

Great,let him go,let's stay in this shit league for another 5 years eh. I couldn't give a toss about their losses.

That's not what I'm saying.

You're saying it'll be a nice wedge for them, I'm saying it wouldn't even dent the money they've 'invested'.

If SISU looked at the bigger picture, for anyone for that matter, it would be better if we got promoted with MR than if we let him go for 1m and we didn't get promoted.

hill83

And what about if he doesn't want to go but are glorious owners tell him they've given huddersfield permission?

Then he won't go if he doesn't want to go.

Unless they force him out, which is unlikely with the good job he is doing.

torchomatic

Then he can say, thanks but no thanks. You blaming SISU for the release clause is ridiculous. Release clauses are put in by players and managers.

Robins is doing a great job - which is why he's being linked - SISU know Robins is the best chance for us to get out of this league.

Stop playing the blame game, just for once.

And what about if he doesn't want to go but are glorious owners tell him they've given huddersfield permission?

Danceswithhorses

If SISU looked at the bigger picture, for anyone for that matter, it would be better if we got promoted with MR than if we let him go for 1m and we didn't get promoted.

A 6 figure compensation sum is not £1m...that would surely be a 7 figure sum ?
More likely to be £100k and not £999k aswell :facepalm:

valiant15

Would they force him out if he didnt want to leave? I reckon they would,the past 4 years show us that they fall over at the thought of a few quid. Anyway,im done with the subject,it'll only end in bickering.

Mucca Mad Boys

A 6 figure compensation sum is not £1m...that would surely be a 7 figure sum ?
More likely to be £100k and not £999k aswell :facepalm:

Ah, I was thinking 0's! :facepalm

Goes in favour of my point, but, it's affordable for Huddlesfield!

Users who are viewing this thread