Robins gone (2 Viewers)

Nonleagueherewecome

William Edjenguele@WilliamEdj23
Dont worry. Be happy.

Not one to read too much into twitter but this is the only thing we have to go on. 4 minutes ago. Could it be a clue? 10 minutes after I sent a plea for someone to confirm or deny the rumour to him and a number of other players!!

Maybe he'd just sparked up a big fat one?

Otis

Not going to call him all the names under the sun just yet.

Two sides to every story. Maybe something has happened between him and the board since he issued that statement about loving it here and going nowhere?

Maybe he thought we were going to back him in the transfer window and we failed to do so. Happened many times before where managers believed they would be backed (Dowie, Boothroyd, Thorn).

Seems strange for him to not be interested in others who have shown interest but to now be very keen on Huddersfield.

Robins also seems a very honest type, so I am waiting to see what he has to say for himself before slating him.

Macca

If true then will be a reality check for some who are living in the past. We re a small club now

wal3590

To be fair a lot of us are believing a story in the Telegraph.. How many of them turn out to be true? Ha

WillieStanley

It just dawned on me that if the players know nothing, that already is evidence against the Telegraph story. The said that his asst. and fitness coach had already "said their goodbyes"

Moff

First and foremost, I hope this isnt true......but I know it will be.

Amazed and angry but sadly not suprised. If it is true he has shown us the fans a huge amount of disrespect, and treated us like fools with his soundbites about how he feels about the club.

It just shows an amazing amount of crassness that at the sniff of another opportunity he is off. I know people may blame SISU but how can they be at fault for a man who is trying to engineer the move despite a compensation fee not yet being agreed, the figure of which he himself got written into his contract as an escape clause.

We gave Robins a chance after nearly a couple of years out of the game, and this is how he thanks us. Thanks Mark I hope Huddersfield go down, and lets see how long their loyalty lasts to you, as it works both ways.

SlowerThanPlatt

Whatever happens, get yourselfs down to Bury on Saturday. Support the lads and show them what they are behind them whatever happens.

WillieStanley

It could also be that there is no source at all. It could be a childish reaction to the inconvenience of a snub earlier today, which obviously niggled them as they made such a big deal out of it in the first place.

deanocity3

Is this a repeat....

Mark Robins has resigned as Barnsley manager, the League Managers Association confirmed on Sunday night.

Speculation broke on Thursday that Robins, who replaced Simon Davey at Oakwell in 2009, was set to leave the Tykes after a disagreement with the board over the budget for next season, with a compensation figure already agreed for his departure.

And he has since decided to take the decision out of the club's hands by quitting.

Mark Robins fell out with the Oakwell board

'I am disappointed that I will no longer have the opportunity to continue the club's progress next season,' he said
'Since taking charge of the club, I am proud to have guided Barnsley from the foot of the Championship to safety last season, and improve on the league position as well as points total this campaign, all on a limited budget.

'I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all the players, my staff who worked so hard to try and bring success on the field and especially the supporters.

'I wish them and the club every success for the future.'

Greggs

Close the thread until officially confirmed

Gray

dunno if anyone has mentioned this yet, but if Robins is at the King Power Stadium tonight that will be a big clue

SBS

Just when I'd got out if the habit of saying "typical Cov"

Hopefully it's all bollocks

ohitsaidwalker king power

Is this a repeat....

Mark Robins has resigned as Barnsley manager, the League Managers Association confirmed on Sunday night.

Speculation broke on Thursday that Robins, who replaced Simon Davey at Oakwell in 2009, was set to leave the Tykes after a disagreement with the board over the budget for next season, with a compensation figure already agreed for his departure.

And he has since decided to take the decision out of the club's hands by quitting.

Mark Robins fell out with the Oakwell board

'I am disappointed that I will no longer have the opportunity to continue the club's progress next season,' he said
'Since taking charge of the club, I am proud to have guided Barnsley from the foot of the Championship to safety last season, and improve on the league position as well as points total this campaign, all on a limited budget.

'I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all the players, my staff who worked so hard to try and bring success on the field and especially the supporters.

'I wish them and the club every success for the future.'

Exactly deano.. Exactly....

WillieStanley

Another tweet from Edje urging to believe Baker. I must admit, Bakers status does lean towards the fact that he is staying.

Users who are viewing this thread