Robins celebration (2 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If the ball boy involved goes to school next week and gets picked on for all the " publicity" he's receiving ( and we all know how jealous kids can be ) who will be to blame for that ?

Btw I don't know how old he is.

AJB1983

Fuck him. Wouldn’t have even been a story had Gary O’Neil not mentioned it. Robins said it in local radio and the cameras you couldn’t even see who he aimed it at.

Jim

Daily Telegraph posted article on Facebook and all the comments are basically towards the ball boy and GoN basically saying either “get over it you lost” or “ball boy gave it out so he can take it back!”

ha!

shmmeee

He would have had to book Collins as well, the people in charge need to sort this mess out this catch it and fall on the floor is being coached into the young players as well the keeper in my sons under 9’s team does it

It’s a quirk of the rule. Six seconds doesn’t start until the keeper is on his feet so you get free time if you just lie there.

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s a quirk of the rule. Six seconds doesn’t start until the keeper is on his feet so you get free time if you just lie there.
They should say something like eight seconds from the time it’s caught and enforce it with a free kick on the edge of the box or something a penalty is to severe and doing fuck all is not doing enough

shmmeee

They should say something like eight seconds from the time it’s caught and enforce it with a free kick on the edge of the box or something a penalty is to severe and doing fuck all is not doing enough

Should be related to no one else being around IMO. As soon as no players are stopping the keeper from getting up clock starts.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Should be related to no one else being around IMO. As soon as no players are stopping the keeper from getting up clock starts.
As soon as the ball touches the hands basically. They always pick it up and fall on it when a player closes down so that is the time when the ball is in their possession.

SBT

We’re never going to get equal treatment, in either the ‘press’ or the media, so why should it bother us anymore. It’s better to be the underdogs. 💪 Hence why so many neutral fans are actually taking note and rooting for us.

In fact (sorry to go on), but we didn’t even receive unbiased treatment back when we were in the Premiership. Even on Midlands Today, when we were beating better teams, or that time in ‘93 when we were top, they couldn’t shut up about Villa.

Nothing changes.
There is no media bias against us. If anything it’s indifference.

oscillatewildly

'Is your child hyperactive, or is he perhaps a twat'? - HMHB - Coming to a venue near us soon. (Empire 12th April)
If I remotely knew how to find my way around posting a link, I would.
But I haven't the remotest way of finding my way how to, ah bollocks you know the rest.

Covcraig@bury

Anyone remember the ball boy against West Ham in the 1st leg semifinal? He rushed the ball to their player and they scored . He got roasted !

Terry_dactyl

Not much more to say really (but that’s not gonna stop me), other than the responses from my football team on Sunday was basically “good on him”, Robins that is. Some said he should have gone further and given him a boot! I wasn’t sure how serious this was!!

But that did get me thinking, didn’t Kelly do exactly that to a ball boy when he was playing for the Os?

Sky Blue Pete

Not much more to say really (but that’s not gonna stop me), other than the responses from my football team on Sunday was basically “good on him”, Robins that is. Some said he should have gone further and given him a boot! I wasn’t sure how serious this was!!

But that did get me thinking, didn’t Kelly do exactly that to a ball boy when he was playing for the Os?
Yeah pushed him I think

AndreasB

Actually think this was a rare error of judgement from Robins. It was not classy at all and like he said was caught up in the excitement .
He knows he has to be better than that and quickly apologised. .
Can only imagine the meltdown if another manager had done this to one of our ball boys

Sky Blue Pete

Actually think this was a rare error of judgement from Robins. It was not classy at all and like he said was caught up in the excitement .
Can only imagine the meltdown if another manager had done this to one of our ball boys
Robins knows that
He completely agrees with you
It was why he apologised unprompted straight after the game 5 times
Which is also why it wasn’t a story
Now I know when it was I can see why the wolves manager made it a big issue

Cov kid 55

Agree with your comment about Robins, he knows he was wrong to do it, and apologised, end of. BUT - if one of our ball boys received similar treatment for basically cheating by time wasting, I would have no sympathy with the ball boy. I don’t want our club to train young boys and girls to time waste when we’re winning by one goal. I remember, I think it was Swansea v Chelsea, Swansea winning near the end and one of their ball boys actually lay on the ball to prevent a Chelsea restart. I think it was Hazard who kicked the ball from under him. There was uproar until people like Pat Nevin pointed out that the ballboy had probably been told to delay play if Swansea were one up near the end of the game. Disgraceful way to influence young kids really.

bigfatronssba

Robins apologised for that rare error of judgement.

I’m still waiting for Wolves or the ball boy to apologise for their part in it

aloisiwouldhavescored

Robins apologised for that rare error of judgement.

I’m still waiting for Wolves or the ball boy to apologise for their part in it
Totally agree. The ball boy was being a prat and if you can't take it, no matter how old you are, then don't give it.

The whole thing was sour grapes by Wolves and their manager.

MalcSB

Quite an interesting article, if Wolves have been doing this it is them that are disgusting! They should not be surprised if their shithousery backfires and opposition staff celebrate the karma.

Users who are viewing this thread