Right, a call to action! (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Got the generic email today. Mutton chops couldn't be bothered to personalize it

What would you expect from Mutton. It's funny some people on here view Mutton as a potential saviour. A business brain whose previous decision making prowess was to decide whether to put gold or silver top on your doorstep.

mark82

What would you expect from Mutton. It's funny some people on here view Mutton as a potential saviour. A business brain whose previous decision making prowess was to decide whether to put gold or silver top on your doorstep.

The people of Coventry elected him!

dongonzalos

Send him a cat photo brilliant

wingy

AAGHH the old Channel islands ,a job for teenagers .

smouch1975

Send John a cat, you get a proper responce from him.....

I'm sorry that you thought that my response was meaningless. As of this moment, I have received 237 emails on this topic and would not have had the time to type individual responses to each person, I therefore had two choices, I could have been totally ignorant and not even acknowledged the email, or I could do what I did do and sent a standard response which is what I opted to do, particularly as it was apparent that most of the emails were cut and pasted from the same source.
As well as trying my best to make certain that our football club stays in existence, I am also trying to run our City which in itself uses between 60 and 80 hours a week of my time. I would have hoped that people would have understood that.
After saying that, I would still like to wish you all the best,

John.

ccfcway

if they get the stadium i dont think they'll have much choice but to invest in the team and increase the numbers. that's just common business sense, regardless of it being a football team. Any purchase of a product to make money has to be seen as attractive to potential buyers, i.e. a restaurant has to sell decent food, offer good service, and at a competitive price for people to want to eat there, so investing in a football club would have to be attractive for the people to buy into it i.e. ticket sales.

I would agree, but more people have renewed for the coming season, despite being in League One, than have in years, so how does that work ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Send John a cat, you get a proper responce from him.....

I'm sorry that you thought that my response was meaningless. As of this moment, I have received 237 emails on this topic and would not have had the time to type individual responses to each person, I therefore had two choices, I could have been totally ignorant and not even acknowledged the email, or I could do what I did do and sent a standard response which is what I opted to do, particularly as it was apparent that most of the emails were cut and pasted from the same source.
As well as trying my best to make certain that our football club stays in existence, I am also trying to run our City which in itself uses between 60 and 80 hours a week of my time. I would have hoped that people would have understood that.
After saying that, I would still like to wish you all the best,

John.

See yesterday's thread for what he sent me after I criticised him :p

CovfanDan

Exactly Chris. If someone creates a petition, we can get it out there on twitter, Facebook, etc. we could maybe also put it onto other clubs forums in the hope of getting some signatures from the wider football community. Although maybe not Sunderland! :)

Other clubs forums would be an idea, like you say Sunderland probably wouldn't think so, but given the love in at Southampton recently and their lucky escape with SISU, id imagine they would generate a few signatures.

dongonzalos

Other clubs forums would be an idea, like you say Sunderland probably wouldn't think so, but given the love in at Southampton recently and their lucky escape with SISU, id imagine they would generate a few signatures.

Problem is some of our own fans can't even agree

Lordsummerisle
download.php

2384 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 10:57

small_quotes.png
Quote by NWCov_Lad on 18/05/2012 at 10:49

That's what you'd like to think.

Something that can be done on here, rather than the whining emoting that goes on on SBT.

We're the Dawkins rational branch, SBT are the unhinged fundamentalist Tea Party of Coventry City Fandom.

Deprogramme the Ranson Rimming Raybots.

large_text_new.png

Mole
1146 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 11:05

small_quotes.png
Quote by Lordsummerisle on 18/05/2012 at 10:57

Something that can be done on here, rather than the whining emoting that goes on on SBT.

We're the Dawkins rational branch, SBT are the unhinged fundamentalist Tea Party of Coventry City Fandom.

Have you read anything about the Dunning-Kruger Effect? It's essentially a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.

Or, some people are too stupid to realise just how stupid they are.
Lordsummerisle
download.php

2384 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 11:26

small_quotes.png
Quote by Mole on 18/05/2012 at 11:19 I actually meant to put it in quotes but the edit button's missing again.

And I was supporting your argument.

Never mind.

Realised that straight after I posted it, but suffering from Dunning-Kroger effect today(which interestingly I had never heard of before today, always good to learn something new everyday, though wish i could erase the day I first found out what felching was)

dongonzalos

Problem is some of our own fans can't even agree

Lordsummerisle
download.php

2384 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 10:57

small_quotes.png
Quote by NWCov_Lad on 18/05/2012 at 10:49

That's what you'd like to think.

large_text_new.png

Mole
1146 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 11:05

small_quotes.png
Quote by Lordsummerisle on 18/05/2012 at 10:57

Have you read anything about the Dunning-Kruger Effect? It's essentially a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.

Or, some people are too stupid to realise just how stupid they are.
Lordsummerisle
download.php

2384 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 11:26

small_quotes.png
Quote by Mole on 18/05/2012 at 11:19 I actually meant to put it in quotes but the edit button's missing again.

And I was supporting your argument.

Never mind.

Realised that straight after I posted it, but suffering from Dunning-Kroger effect today(which interestingly I had never heard of before today, always good to learn something new everyday, though wish i could erase the day I first found out what felching was)

Don't we have a similar name lord on SBT?

dongonzalos

large_text_new.png

cochese
download.php

905 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 12:16
150% of the total number of posters on SBT aren't very clever...

safety first, I learnt that from Burt Reynolds himself

large_text_new.png

Otis
download.php

15939 posts
First used 12/03/12

Today at 12:18
The other 150% are fine though.

large_text_new.png

Otis
download.php

15939 posts
First used 12/03/12

Today at 12:20
And if you do wish to compare, I would say out of the two sites they do have the most intelligent poster of them all. OldSkyBlue58.

Very clever bloke.

Which would then beg the GMK question, why the fook is he on there?

large_text_new.png

Lordsummerisle
download.php

2384 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 12:29

small_quotes.png
Quote by Otis on 18/05/2012 at 12:20 And if you do wish to compare, I would say out of the two sites they do have the most intelligent poster of them all. OldSkyBlue58.

Very clever bloke.

Intelligent in a narrow band concerning financial matters(which to be fair is pretty much all that matters with the club at the moment).

Not really noticed anything outstanding from him outside his field though?

large_text_new.png

large_text_new.png

Inspectah Deck
296 posts
First used 12/03/12

Today at 12:37

small_quotes.png
Quote by Otis on 18/05/2012 at 12:20 And if you do wish to compare, I would say out of the two sites they do have the most intelligent poster of them all. OldSkyBlue58.

Very clever bloke.

Yeah but I bet he'd be shit in a punch-up.

And has he been able to buy a Bentley with his winnings from gambling?

Forza GMK!

large_text_new.png

_brian_
535 posts
First used 13/03/12

Today at 13:35
SBT is a little bit pee,
GMK all the way for me*!!!

(*except for the times when I go on SBT)

large_text_new.png

matesy
download.php

3049 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 13:47
talking of intelligence.... hello brian!!

coundonskyblue

Their self labelled superior intellegence really comes across in those posts. Especially the one about OSB being 'shit in a punch up'.

dongonzalos

The irony, in a thread that revolves around how much more intelligent GMK posters are than SBT posters, there is a bit about felching and that we dont fight very well, lucky those boys on GMK are there to reign us crazy extreme thickos in :)

dongonzalos

Best In The World.

large_text_new.png

cochese
download.php

905 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 9:24
When they say "show a complete disregard to CCFC", do they really mean "they should have spent even more money that we don't have"?

large_text_new.png

matesy
download.php

3049 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 9:25
the petition seems well supported on SBT

not so well on GMK

What conclusion can we draw from this?

.. pay footballers no more than 1k per week. I mean, what else are they going to do?

large_text_new.png

Inspectah Deck
296 posts
First used 12/03/12

Today at 9:26
We're considerably more clever than them?

large_text_new.png

matesy
download.php

3049 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 9:28
i do get the impression of a lower average age/maturity on SBT

.. pay footballers no more than 1k per week. I mean, what else are they going to do?

large_text_new.png

cochese
download.php

905 posts
First used 11/03/12

Today at 9:29
SBT: I want an investor to throw more money than sense at the club until they run out of money and then I want another investor to come in and buy the club for a pound and do the same

GMK: I'd quite like to avoid administration please and have a football club to support at the end

CovfanDan

Blimey, only just getting through the replies, see what you mean Dongonzolas.

And perhaps Mutton should be a bit better at delegating some of the work if he's working between 60 and 80 hours a week

dongonzalos

Strikes me that their views and opinions of SBT posters seem to ironically be describing themselves to the letter quite amusing really.

One backs the other one up, however the phrase he uses to do this, is too complicated for the first one to realise it was a post of support. Hence the first one has a pop back at the bloke supporting him. Whilst calling us thick Brilliant...

You could not write it. perfect picture for him though........:claping hands:

dongonzalos

compare that this this

oldskyblue58
user-online.png

CCFC Manager

Join DateApr 2010LocationCoventryPosts1,915
982 Like Received In 433 Posts

icon1.png

Albatross......Auditors have to look forward as well as back so the future budget and sustainability is important. Key to any accounts is if they are a going concern and directors when preparing accounts for audit have to consider a period forward of at least 12 months - the auditors then test the assertions made in the budgets forward. So unless there is an agreed, supported and sustainable budget to at least this time next year then the accounts can not be signed off

The snap shot way of looking at statements i am afraid isnt appropriate​

Last edited by oldskyblue58; 37 Minutes Ago at 03:31 PM.​
image.php

you dont need eyes to see you need vision​

Reply Reply With Quote Like

22 Minutes Ago #20
albatross
user-offline.png

Junior Sky Blue

Join DateJun 2011Posts28
6 Like Received In 5 Posts

icon1.png

Oldskyblue58, i think we are making the same point.

it is likely that there is some impediment calling our existance into doubt over the next 12 months, which would have to be highlighted by any auditor. So we can conclude that we do not have enough cash from our own earning potential (including current investors) to meet our obligations over the next 12 months. So as per my point above we either need more cash from SISU or an external source to pay off our creditors outstaning amounts in this fiscal year. We have to File our accounts show, it is a legal requirement, however the Auditor will have to point out where that materal threat to the company lies. knowing that would indicate who our real creditors are (is another SISU company ) and how much is due this year.

I suppose the point I am making is that we do not have the facilities to even trade at a loss for next year.​

Although there is another thread in which we are sending random cat pictures to councillors.

It is funny though

Otis

GMKer's will always feel they are intellectually superior to SBT.

Though might explain why only 5 people post on there. :D

275px-CatsOriginalLondonCast.jpg

rob9872

My contract is almost up and I've not been offered a new one. GMK have tried to sign me, but Nick hasn't lifted the embargo yet although tbf they only offered a packet of prawn cocktail as a signing on fee and I'm holding out for Worcester Sauce when I can go on a Bosman.

RegTheDonk

Coincidentally, I actually mailed Mr Mutton a couple of days ago, off my own bat. Had a nice personal reply saying he was aware of the feelings of fans like us and would do the best he could to keep our club in existance and also keep the public asset (The Ricoh) public.

Guess he has no control over what the other shareholders do, but his reply cheered me up.

theprince

Only just got onto this thread so haven't read it all.
Otis is correct, petitioning Mutton and the council is a way forward, although i am led to believe there is no way sisu will get control of even half the stadium, ACL might reduce rent and allow sisu to earn from catering and other match day things but that will be about it.

Users who are viewing this thread