Right, a call to action! (1 Viewer)

smouch1975

Thanks for the feedback Mark. Your views are entirely in line with my own, however, as Leader of the Council, I have to explore all options that may be available including bringing in new investors or new owners, that does not mean though, that I would ever allow Sisu to be able to use the Ricoh as collateral to be able to borrow against it and then disappear.

Best wishes,

John

John, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It was only after speaking with others, I realised we had all received the same email. And you had simply inserted my name in place of theirs. I have sent you a picture of a cat, it's not my cat. I found it on the Internet and felt it as meaningless as your response.

PUSB
cbce0fa8-f920-e5ca.jpg

rob9872

If I sent the one that I prepared on page 2 of this thread, I think that I might get a different response ... :thinking about:

rob9872

Do it. Would love to see the response. :)

At the moment its not directed and I could argue some of the implied points were misdirected. If I send it then I suspect I could be in hot water (not that I own anything worthy of a being sued). It would probably have to be diluted and would lose something :)

coundonskyblue

The thing I worry most about is where is the money coming from to fund this? If they have the cash already why did they not invest in the team last year?

If its coming from loans what happens if the Ricoh/CCFC cannot afford the repayments? The stadium could end up in anybodys hands.

dongonzalos

thanks for the feedback mark. Your views are entirely in line with my own, however, as leader of the council, i have to explore all options that may be available including bringing in new investors or new owners, that does not mean though, that i would ever allow sisu to be able to use the ricoh as collateral to be able to borrow against it and then disappear.

Best wishes,

john

john, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It was only after speaking with others, i realised we had all received the same email. And you had simply inserted my name in place of theirs. I have sent you a picture of a cat, it's not my cat. I found it on the internet and felt it as meaningless as your response.

Pusb
cbce0fa8-f920-e5ca.jpg

ha ha ha ha ha ha h

dongonzalos

The thing I worry most about is where is the money coming from to fund this? If they have the cash already why did they not invest in the team last year?

If its coming from loans what happens if the Ricoh/CCFC cannot afford the repayments? The stadium could end up in anybodys hands.

They are trying to get other investors in to do it. Hence any profit it makes will go back to those investors not CCFC or the team.

It is purely so they increase the chance of them been able to sell. They are not just selling a football club that is making loses they will sell a football club making loses and a concept half the arena.

There will be no investment in the team if this deal goes through

Andy Thorn is getting his targets ready. But will be disappointed again.

Cranie and Clingan out so far
McPake and Keogh on the verge

any getting a similar feeling?

torchomatic

And what about if Hoffman came marching in with his investors. I presume then, they don't their money back, they're just giving it to Hoffman because they think he's a sound bloke, like?

They are trying to get other investors in to do it. Hence any profit it makes will go back to those investors not CCFC or the team.

dongonzalos

And what about if Hoffman came marching in with his investors. I presume then, they don't their money back, they're just giving it to Hoffman because they think he's a sound bloke, like?

Don't know haven't got a clue about who these investor are or who Hoffmans investors are or about any deal.

That is the problem

I think from what Hoffman says he wants investors who also want to invest in the playing side of things to generate profit as well. But again we have not been told enough.

I think we have seen enough about SISU to know any investment they raise will not go towards the team. The team is secondary to trying to get the stadium that is clear to see surely?

ccfcjohn

the stadium and revenue from it and surrounding land/businesses will always be SISU's priority. the best way to make money from the stadium is to fill it, the best way to fill it is to attract fans, the best way to attract fans is to invest in the team ............................

dongonzalos

the stadium and revenue from it and surrounding land/businesses will always be SISU's priority. the best way to make money from the stadium is to fill it, the best way to fill it is to attract fans, the best way to attract fans is to invest in the team ............................

Totally agree and this investment in the team is quite clearly not going to happen under SISU

torchomatic

I don't see how it's "quite clear". Aplologies it might be really obvious, but I haven't read it anywhere so is your statement based on a "well, that's what they are like" basis?

Totally agree and this investment in the team is quite clearly not going to happen under SISU

ccfcjohn

if they get the stadium i dont think they'll have much choice but to invest in the team and increase the numbers. that's just common business sense, regardless of it being a football team. Any purchase of a product to make money has to be seen as attractive to potential buyers, i.e. a restaurant has to sell decent food, offer good service, and at a competitive price for people to want to eat there, so investing in a football club would have to be attractive for the people to buy into it i.e. ticket sales.

as ive already said i'm no fan of SISU, but at the end of the day they are a business, the only thing we've got, and they will always do whats best for themselves. However to do that i feel they will have no choice but to invest in the team

torchomatic

Well obviously. We've been relegated, have no money and no one is buying season tickets. I honestly wasn't having a go at Dongonzalos, I just wanted to know what he based his facts on.

How about the fact we now have a 'realistic budget'?

torchomatic

Cool! We have a black cat. Send me a random black cat picture, please./

Thanks for the feedback Mark. Your views are entirely in line with my own, however, as Leader of the Council, I have to explore all options that may be available including bringing in new investors or new owners, that does not mean though, that I would ever allow Sisu to be able to use the Ricoh as collateral to be able to borrow against it and then disappear.

Best wishes,

John

John, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It was only after speaking with others, I realised we had all received the same email. And you had simply inserted my name in place of theirs. I have sent you a picture of a cat, it's not my cat. I found it on the Internet and felt it as meaningless as your response.

PUSB
cbce0fa8-f920-e5ca.jpg

torchomatic

BSB, oh yeah I saw that bit from Fisher and the realistic budget. It's the bit where Dong said "quite clearly" SISU would not invest in the team if they got hold of the Ricoh. I just wanted to know why he knew that. Like I said, not having a go, not on SISUs side here, just want to get the facts.

Brighton Sky Blue

BSB, oh yeah I saw that bit from Fisher and the realistic budget. It's the bit where Dong said "quite clearly" SISU would not invest in the team if they got hold of the Ricoh. I just wanted to know why he knew that. Like I said, not having a go, not on SISUs side here, just want to get the facts.

Sorry Torchy I was talking about ARVO :)

dongonzalos

if they get the stadium i don't think they'll have much choice but to invest in the team and increase the numbers. that's just common business sense, regardless of it being a football team. Any purchase of a product to make money has to be seen as attractive to potential buyers, i.e. a restaurant has to sell decent food, offer good service, and at a competitive price for people to want to eat there, so investing in a football club would have to be attractive for the people to buy into it i.e. ticket sales.

as ive already said i'm no fan of SISU, but at the end of the day they are a business, the only thing we've got, and they will always do whats best for themselves. However to do that i feel they will have no choice but to invest in the team

I agree that would make sense but would mean SISU would have to invest in the team.

They say they do not have the money to do that. They cant even offer a contract to Cranie for him to reject as too low.

Their logic could be. They cannot sell what they have at the moment a football club losing money.

However they can sell a concept, i.e we are selling a football club that is losing money, but if you buy the football club you also get half the stadium and the potential to build a hotel.

They or their investors get to buy half the stadium at face value from ACL/Higgs i.e 6.5 million.

They either build the hotel or get the deal agreed with a well known hotelier to build it and get the planning permission agreed.

They then attempt to sell their half the stadium (true value an estimated 18.5 million) plus the increase added to the value from the conference centre, now plans are in place for a hotel.

Or build the hotel and sell the whole package. For say 50 million (total guess figure)

Throughout all this no investment in the team is needed, SISU just need to cut costs in this area, to ensure SISU's eventual profit's are not reduced by the debts.

The potential buyers can be told we have got this club running at these minimal costs now all you need to do is invest in the team, to get success if you want it. Or keep the running costs low like we have got it and just live off the revenue stream from the Ricoh, conference centre and hotel and develop the land further.

Either way SISU will not IMO invest in the team as they either don't have the money to do so or do not wish to. I base this opinion on all of their actions in the last 3 years and not offering Cranie a contract, also despite saying the budget has been agreed we still have an embargo.

If we go down this route with SISU, IMO our only hope of ever seeing investment in the team will be is in a couple of years time, 3-5 years maybe. When they are ready to sell the whole package maybe the new investors are interested in developing the squad. However they may like SISU's model of a club whose bank sheets are balanced in league one and an arena development that makes profit.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

P.S Torch I dont think you are having a pop and I am always open minded to having my view changed. It has been quite a few times on here.

However Councillor Mutton, Richard Keys, Gary Hoffman Joe Elliot all have in common that they are lifelong Cov fans.

People will have opinions on them not all pleasant but I think you will agree they care about CCFC

SISU I genuinely believe do not care less about CCFC

My gut instinct is to go with their views over SISU

Unfortunately by saying this and mentioning their names the whole debate will probably go off on another tangent

But the way I see SISU are portraying themselves as the only option. At the moment on paper they are.

They are basically saying do it our way or your club will no longer exist.

I think the above example is their way. I do not think there will be investment or any success for CCFC for years or until a new owner comes in.

The gamble is do you go with their way or do you say no to them and find out if there really is anyone else. That is the only time you will discover if there is. I think more buyers come in to buy a club when it is in crisis as oppose to paying a premium.

So I suppose the gamble

Say no to SISU

1) They pull the plug the club goes into the conference someone has the option to come in and get half the Ricoh debt free. The council can demand that a condition of this is that they invest in the team. We are the biggest club in conference football history

2) SISU pulls the plug no one comes in we end up sharing at Barker Butts ( personally I don't believe no one will come in)

3) SISU on verge of pulling plug someone offers them a deal that involves them walking away with not all their loans paid but they are not associated with managing funds badly and liquidating a football club I would suggest the end of SISU
(My gut instinct most likely option)

4) Say yes to SISU they still cant invest in the team, wait until they eventually sell the whole package and see who comes in maybe 2 years maybe 5 maybe 10, bob along in league one if we are lucky maybe get relegated. 2500 Loyal fans will still buy season tickets. People will still turn up. But that wont matter to SISU anyway as attendences are clearly not a priority

I appreciate it is a big gamble to take SISU to the wire and maybe waiting say 5 years for them to sell the club might be the sensible option but it is going to be a shit 5 years IMO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread