Right, a call to action! (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

'I have a City to run' 'Some people thanked me for even responding to them' Should I be thankful, your Royal Highness Mutton?

Lord_Nampil

I agree on a few points - a rent reduction won't be enough. Access to revenue streams are vital.

But I think with the current situation everything will be considered at the negotiation tables and all contracts and agreements may become subjects for renegotiation.
So it could well be that the best achievable outcome for all parties are a set of complete new contracts where tthe club end up owning 1/3 of the arena.
The clubs stake should be bought at a fair price by the club using new funds from sisu.

This way sisu won't have control over the stadium, but the club will gain access to new revenue streams. Add a rent reduction and break-even should become achieveable soon.

You maybe on to something here!!!!!

dongonzalos

Unfortunately when dealing with SISU I think you need someone with an arrogant belligerent attitude. Other SISU will make mince meat of them

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If the club is going to lose £10m next year, then that over rides everything and you are right.. what is the point? The business is dead.

I cannot believe that figure for a minute though.

I would of thought it could be based on forecast for the year, but either way it would just mean next year we had no money then. Just delays it.

I'm sure the club would get access to the revenue. A dividend can't be paid out, but a management charge could be. CCFC charge ACL a monthly fee, which just happens to be what about 50% of the turnover would be.

How would such a management charge work - for a start CCFC provide no services to ACL or pay any costs whatsoever on their behalf and therefore it is an artificial transaction for tax purposes with tax consequences

But above that given the current turnover is £6.5m and current profits are £500k. Pay £3.25m out to CCFC as an artificial management charge and that will make ACL loss making( £2.75m ). So you transfer the losses from CCFC to ACL to what good purpose?.

Oh and in current circumstances £3.25m is not enough to get rid of the losses in CCFC. So we end up with two loss making businesses unable to pay their bills

The effect of that .... to put the stadium at risk

It just does not work

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
The 65% of turnover rule is based on last seasons turnover (how can anyone accuately predict turnover for the coming season as we don't know what will happen).

In the coming season the club could be losing up to £10m, how will 50% ownership in ACL help that as ACL cannot pay a dividend anyway?

For next season it is 65% of turnover on wages. Clubs have to submit their budgets at the start of each season.

It seems to me that the 'end game' is becoming nearer, but f nose what the outcome will be!...

dongonzalos

If SISU own half the stadium

Are they

A) going to invest in the team to ensure a successful promotion push that will promote the stadium so when the hotels are built they will mean full conference centres?

B) totally focus investing any small change they have in getting the hotels built try and get other people into the Ricoh to promote it, that does not cost them a penny such as pop music exhibitions events etc. Completely forget about the football team that costs them money and try to get those costs down as much as possible. Eventually when planning permission etc is in place for the hotels try to sell the whole package for 50 million getting their money back and a bit of profit

If by any small chance it is option B what do you think will happen to the football club in the meantime

We are better the council playing hard ball push SISU to the fringe of liquidation

They then get to chose

A) Liquidation all the bad publicity liquidating a football club due to their bad financial management. SISU as a hedge fund that people trust destroyed
B) accept an offer from someone who can buy half the stadium for 6.5 and give them the money they would have recouped via liquidation so they avoid the publicity and ultimately the end of SISU.

Grendel

Sorry dongonzalos but your posts are becoming longer and more deranged by the day. Earlier you said I was "taken in" by the liquidation talks. Actually I am not but you are mentioning this all the time.
So now they are building lots of hotels. Well no the council will always hold a golden share and this will never happen. Sisu will also I doubt buy the half share off Higgs trust but will get a much better deal on the rent. They should as this is overblown and needs coming down. Also wake up old chum theres no other game in town. It's far from ideal but it is what it is.

Grendel

How's the petition going compared to the 2,500 season ticket sales?

ashbyjan

Gary and Gaunt had a difference of opinion over the SOC and as anyone who has the temerity to disagree with the omnipotent (or is that impotent) Gaunt is tagged by him as a yob. Gary is certainly no yob but someone who cares passionately about his club, unlike Gaunt who just sees a bit of a self publicity opportunity.

dongonzalos

Presume those 2500 season ticket sales didn't sell in a couple of hours of them been made available?

That is 2500 season ticket sales out of 16000 people that turn up at the Ricoh and 28,000 fans that Cov could, should and have previously shown they have. So that is 9% who have bought season tickets

When everyone is aware of the option to buy or not buy a season ticket and you consider how many season tickets the likes of Norwich/Leeds sold in League one. If I were you I were steer clear of that one for making your point :D

Or if you want to stick to this argument then fair dues, lets see how many people sign the petition and compare it to how many people are on this site (hence aware of it and see how the percentages pan out?

Nick how many people are registered on this site?

Grendel

Presume those 2500 season ticket sales didn't sell in a couple of hours of them been made available?

That is 2500 season ticket sales out of 16000 people that turn up at the Ricoh and 28,000 fans that Cov could, should and have previously shown they have. So that is 9% who have bought season tickets

When everyone is aware of the option to buy or not buy a season ticket and you consider how many season tickets the likes of Norwich/Leeds sold in League one. If I were you I were steer clear of that one for making your point :D

Or if you want to stick to this argument then fair dues, lets see how many people sign the petition and compare it to how many people are on this site (hence aware of it and see how the percentages pan out?

Nick how many people are registered on this site?

We have had 28,000 fans in the ground for a league game twice. Our average attendance levels are 14,000 of which 13,500 are home fans. So once again you are scaremongering with false statistics. By the end of the discount period this will double if the normal demand curve exists which means it will be 5,000 about 80% of this years total. You say Norwich and Leeds. Do you seriously think we would ever sell as many as them whoever own us. If you do you really are deluded.

Brighton Sky Blue

We have had 28,000 fans in the ground for a league game twice. Our average attendance levels are 14,000 of which 13,500 are home fans. So once again you are scaremongering with false statistics. By the end of the discount period this will double if the normal demand curve exists which means it will be 5,000 about 80% of this years total. You say Norwich and Leeds. Do you seriously think we would ever sell as many as them whoever own us. If you do you really are deluded.

Norwich have no other club to rival them for 40 miles; that's a whopping great fan base to draw from which we can't rival. Leeds have historically been a bigger club than us for decades, so again there is no valid comparison. Southampton are a much better example-crowds on a par with ours in the Rupert Lowe years which rocketed back up once he left the club and the Liebherrs arrived; so yes, I do think that a positive change in ownership could significantly boost attendances if coupled with on pitch success.

coundonskyblue

10/15 years ago Norwich were getting crowds around the 16k mark.

Our first season in the old 1st division we averaged 34k, give the fans something to cheer about & they will come.

Grendel

Our first season in the old 1st division we averaged 34k, give the fans something to cheer about & they will come.

We had 34,000 in the 60's. In the Premier League even when we were a top ten club we averaged 18,000. Do you think winning the F A Cup was something to cheer about? Check the average attendance the season after that.

dongonzalos

Also do you think it is possible people who buy season tickets are the sort of people who love the club that much they would buy a season ticket no matter what the situation is.
I think there maybe a few season ticket holders out there who will not want SISU to get their hands on the stadium, unless in the very least certain criteria is met and may have or will sign the petition if they are made aware of it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Which gives you an idea of their likely crowds were it not for the whole county they draw on for support.

coundonskyblue

<p>
We had 34,000 in the 60's. In the Premier League even when we were a top ten club we averaged 18,000. Do you think winning the F A Cup was something to cheer about? Check the average attendance the season after that.

What's the fact it was in the 60's got to do with anything?

In 87/88 it was around 17k, at a time when football was dead in this country. The likes of arsenal & man utd were getting around 35k.

What year in the premiership were we a top 10 team?

Diehard Si

How would such a management charge work - for a start CCFC provide no services to ACL or pay any costs whatsoever on their behalf and therefore it is an artificial transaction for tax purposes with tax consequences

But above that given the current turnover is £6.5m and current profits are £500k. Pay £3.25m out to CCFC as an artificial management charge and that will make ACL loss making( £2.75m ). So you transfer the losses from CCFC to ACL to what good purpose?.

Oh and in current circumstances £3.25m is not enough to get rid of the losses in CCFC. So we end up with two loss making businesses unable to pay their bills

The effect of that .... to put the stadium at risk

It just does not work

Apologies, it was a rather hastily posted ( and thought out post ) and clearly you are right as either the ACL makes a loss or the management charge is for £250k, and doesn't really solve a lot. I didn't mention the expenses.

But there has to be a way round it. Some potential re-structuring of the businesses perhaps. A 3rd company, call it CCARENA for now. ACL owns the stadium, gives use of it to CCARENA. CCARENA operates the running of the stadium and it's facilities, a managent company. It is 100% owned by CCFC, therefore will be included in the group accounts as turnover for CCFC Holdings ( or whatever its called ). Upon receiving revenue for merchandise, gigs, hotels etc ACL then charges a rent to CCARENA for about 50% of the profits it is making so about £250k per annum. You could potentially just transfer the merchandise and income management to CCFC, but I was thinking a 3rd company would segregate it from the club, and allow ACL directors to also sit on the board etc.

ACL is then just as well off as it makes its £250k, but it's role is just an investment company really, owning the stadium, receiving a rent. CCFC makes £250k from this, but has actually increased it's revenue by £6.5m ( via a 100% subsidiary )!

Would this work? I'm over tired and stressed so I could be rambling. I'm putting it on its head slightly and taking the turnover away from ACL, into CCFC's hands, but not affecting ACL's profit base.

It's certainly a mess. The mere existance of ACL, despite being instrumental in getting the stadium completed, is now really more of a problem ( contractual agreements, charity laws, goverment laws).

The whole asset ( the stadium), 100% of it needs to be part of CCFC ideally. Therefore the club can earn the revenue and pay the expenses as it goes. Ok, would only generate £500k profit pa (from your figures), but significantly increase revenue at least therefore assisting with the compliance with the new fair play regulation.

Last edited:

Grendel

<p>

What's the fact it was in the 60's got to do with anything?

In 87/88 it was around 17k, at a time when football was dead in this country. The likes of arsenal & man utd were getting around 35k.

What year in the premiership were we a top 10 team?

Well not 10th but 11th and and F A Cup quarter final and 5 points of european qualification. We did sell out the F A Cup tie. Other than that usual lack lustre fans.

As for the 60's that era is long. long gone.

wingy

Theres only one problem here Diehard ,ACL already have a contractual arrangement with Compass for the operation of the stadium worth £125m. over ten years,how are they going to hide that or get out of it ,this is one of the reasons ACL make little money ,and as our tenure sees income slipping from club input that arrangement must be looking a little tired ,i hope they too have a get out cluase.

Diehard Si

Theres only one problem here Diehard ,ACL already have a contractual arrangement with Compass for the operation of the stadium worth £125m. over ten years,how are they going to hide that or get out of it ,this is one of the reasons ACL make little money ,and as our tenure sees income slipping from club input that arrangement must be looking a little tired ,i hope they too have a get out cluase.
It's been 10 years since the stadium opened? Or is it a new agreement?

dongonzalos

My point is there are at least 28000 people out there who could buy season tickets.
2500 have.

If the 28000 are made aware of the petition then I think you could make the flippant comparison you did in your initial point.

Grendel

My point is there are at least 28000 people out there who could buy season tickets.
2500 have.

If the 28000 are made aware of the petition then I think you could make the flippant comparison you did in your initial point.

Actually there are 350,000 who can buy a season ticket - or sign a petition.

dongonzalos

sources or retweets Dogonzalos.

it was this

DropCCFCRentNOW ‏@DropCCFCRentNOW @skybluemandyloo: #pusb #skybluearmy sign here please http://www.change.org/petitions/coventry-city-council-arena-coventry-ltd-the-alan-higgs-trust-do-not-allow-sisu-capitol-to-purchase-any-stake-in-the-ricoh-arena#share” do not sign this it is te rant of a thick yob

and

Jon gaunt ‏@jongaunt
@DonGonzalos it was set up by that idiot who alwayd leads the protests he is thicker than council. we'll end with no club if u listen to him

141 people don't seem to share that view so far though

I am surprised at Gaunty though he would be the type to go after SISU and expose them

wingy

it was this

DropCCFCRentNOW ‏@DropCCFCRentNOW @skybluemandyloo: #pusb #skybluearmy sign here please http://www.change.org/petitions/coventry-city-council-arena-coventry-ltd-the-alan-higgs-trust-do-not-allow-sisu-capitol-to-purchase-any-stake-in-the-ricoh-arena#share” do not sign this it is te rant of a thick yob

and

Jon gaunt ‏@jongaunt
@DonGonzalos it was set up by that idiot who alwayd leads the protests he is thicker than council. we'll end with no club if u listen to him

141 people don't seem to share that view so far though

I am surprised at Gaunty though he would be the type to go after SISU and expose them
Wonder how many free dinners he's getting for being onside,the thick yob he's talking of managed to get all that media attention way back in Jan,clueless jerk who can't get a job anywhere and will not be mayor of cov ,hallelulah,wonder if he's ever paid for a ticket to get in the Ricoh.

dongonzalos

Actually there are 350,000 who can buy a season ticket - or sign a petition.

I did think that earlier but thought you would could back to me that just because you live in cov does not mean you are someone who would buy a season ticket but is not choosing to. So I stuck to fans who did at one point turn up this season. Then I relaised you need to take away fans out of the equation.

Realistically 20000 Cov fans I would say could buy a season ticket but choose not to,
so 12.5 % have.

There are 3,223 registered members on this site so if 400 people sign the petition I would say the petition wins. What do you think?

And that is me been generous as a proportion of the registered members may no longer be active. The most people who have viewed the forum in one day is 991 or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread