ricoh return rumour (1 Viewer)

WestEndAgro

When do we play Gillingham ? I was told yesterday this fixture has been pencilled in for the Ricoh ! Just to add fuel to the fire ? :wave:

LB87ccfc

When do we play Gillingham ? I was told yesterday this fixture has been pencilled in for the Ricoh ! Just to add fuel to the fire ? :wave:

The Sun and Star newspapers covered that last week mate, nothing mentioned about it by our Journo friends in Coventry though

6th September.

WestEndAgro

The Sun and Star newspapers covered that last week mate, nothing mentioned about it by our Journo friends in Coventry though

6th September.

Oh okay thanks, obviously old news and not very accurate, I have been in darkest Cornwall though untill recently, with no Internet .

covboy1987

Listen, we are returning to the Ricoh and that is that. How can anyone believe that the likes of Swanson, O'brien, Tudgay and Jackson would have signed for a club playing in front of 1500 fans every week? It just wouldnt have happened. We are returning to the Ricoh- sooner rather than later and one day soon there will be a rumour of a return that someone will post a thread about and it wil be true. I imagine that person will receive the same amount of criticism that this guy has and you will all look silly when it turns out to be true. So keep the rumours coming guys , to me its jutst one more rumour closer to a return PUSB

Said exactly same thing to my mate that players would not come here if a return to the Ricoh was not on the cards

shmmeee

6th September.

I really hope not, I'm best man at my mate's wedding on the 6th...

...hate to let him down :D

jassie78

I was at my local gym in the evening and a cov city player dad was also there and he told my mate that CCFC returning back to ricoh for Sept. They only thing that doesn't tie up for me is the last minute appeal. My mate said that they put the car park signs again. Fingers cross its all true.

rupert_bear

A move back to the Ricoh is imminent, was told that again just yesterday, apparently this drop the legals stance by ACL is stalling an announcement but was told from a sisu point of view a return has to happen, losing too much money now and remember it is investors money they will be losing. What could be interesting will a move back coincide with the end of Tim Fisher's reign, was told that is more than a possibility, a win win situation.

LB87ccfc

A move back to the Ricoh is imminent, was told that again just yesterday, apparently this drop the legals stance by ACL is stalling an announcement but was told from a sisu point of view a return has to happen, losing too much money now and remember it is investors money they will be losing. What could be interesting will a move back coincide with the end of Tim Fisher's reign, was told that is more than a possibility, a win win situation.

That would cause several heart attacks through sheer excitement if that was the case

shmmeee

So basically, nothing's happening, but Sisu don't want to drop the legals and are blaming it on ACL. So business as usual?

rupert_bear

SISU putting in an appeal doesn't mean an appeal will happen, I think they had a deadline to meet to register any appeal. Also I think they have appealed the judge at the hearing denying them an appeal, not the actual verdict.

shmmeee

SISU putting in an appeal doesn't mean an appeal will happen, I think they had a deadline to meet to register any appeal. Also I think they have appealed the judge at the hearing denying them an appeal, not the actual verdict.

But Sisu not appealing does.

And yes, they are appealing the verdict. "Wrong in fact and law" remember?

Sorry, don't see any hope in your rumour just more Sisu spin. Wake me up when it's not a rumour from Sisu blaming everyone but themselves.

Kingokings204

Who and where last night was your source?

I hear it's all about September 1st and gillingham the following Saturday as the first home game.

rupert_bear

Telling their names would mean nothing but it was part of a discussion with people who, IF there was truth in it I assume would know and not just be sounding off for the sake of it. There is plenty of smoke around just need the fire and recent comments from Fisher suggests something is in the wind.

Rusty Trombone

Telling their names would mean nothing but it was part of a discussion with people who, IF there was truth in it I assume would know and not just be sounding off for the sake of it. There is plenty of smoke around just need the fire and recent comments from Fisher suggests something is in the wind.

The same Fisher that you think may lose his job as a result of moving back?

Kingokings204

The same Fisher that you think may lose his job as a result of moving back?

Fisher has burnt his bridges with Cov fans I think. Everything he has said well 90% is bollocks and proven bollocks. If sisu are to come back then I see it as a good move to bring someone in who has a clean start.

Yes fisher business wise is actually a good bloke and I half feel sorry for the man as it's clear he has to spout the dribble from the top bosses but still he is just a sisu puppet and sisu would do well replacing him if nothing else but to show fresh energy and start a clean slate.

Rationalizer

The original line was that the investors could and would fund any losses incurred by moving to Northampton for 3 to 5 years, this funding was confirmed by the Football League.

You appear to be stating that the investors can no longer fund the move so someone has provided misleading information and the Football League have not been doing proper checking. I don't think anyone is surprised by this conclusion.

Otis

The original line was that the investors could and would fund any losses incurred by moving to Northampton for 3 to 5 years, this funding was confirmed by the Football League.

You appear to be stating that the investors can no longer fund the move so someone has provided misleading information and the Football League have not been doing proper checking. I don't think anyone is surprised by this conclusion.

To be fair to RP, it could be that they are in a position to continue to fund the club for the alloted period but simply do not wish to continue to do so.

I still don't believe a word of it, but as I and many other have said, if we keep having a rumour a day, every day for the foreseeable future, then one day one might just be lucky enough to be right.

Astute

SISU don't want to bring our club home unless they own the Ricoh. CCC won't sell to them. And SISU have done whatever they can to not negotiate our return.

If negotiations were happening we would have heard by now. And that wouldn't be from a mate of a mate. I can't see SISU wasting millions just to give up. I see it as the first to blink. And SISU have just handed nearly half a million over so no need for ACL to blink for another year or more. And SISU have another two years at least before they have to do anything.

Sub

To be fair to RP, it could be that they are in a position to continue to fund the club for the alloted period but simply do not wish to continue to do so.

I still don't believe a word of it, but as I and many other have said, if we keep having a rumour a day, every day for the foreseeable future, then one day one might just be lucky enough to be right.

better chance if it is on a thursday though :)

Users who are viewing this thread