Rico h Arena Move Will Break Partnerships (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

There were, it's just you choose not to understand them.

(As Nick says, you don't have to agree!)

You're right NW, there was no way they could have distressed ACL without moving...

Noggin

There were, it's just you choose not to understand them.

(As Nick says, you don't have to agree!)

It's not about agreement, they never provided one valid reason that they could properly stand behind, unfortunately our poor media who weren't willing to fall out with the club couldn't properly push them to defend their reasons.

There were no valid reasons to move us from the perspective of ccfc. obviously from the perspective of sisu they had reasons dangerous and foolish ones but reasons none the less.

But there were no reasons whatsoever for the good of ccfc to move us, nothing that stood up to any scrutiny whatsoever and nothing they could ever put any numbers to because it was pure nonsense.

NorthernWisdom

02%20-%201740%20Swedish%20brick%20wall.jpg

Noggin

Rubbish and poor show, I completely understood their arguments and it's not that I didn't agree with them (though I didn't) it's that those arguments weren't valid, they didn't believe them themselves nore could they defend them, unfortunately they were never properly forced too.

Noggin

Exactly, so you understand why we were moved.

those weren't valid reasons though, the directors of ccfc have to act in the best interests of ccfc, doing something for the benefit of sisu that is against the benefit of ccfc isn't fulfilling their statutory duties.

NorthernWisdom

There are valid reasons, you just choose not to listen to them.

Unfortunately each time I put them up I get called a fucking SISU apologist by the loud shouty bunch, which kind of proves that some refuse to listen.

Otis

It's not about agreement, they never provided one valid reason that they could properly stand behind, unfortunately our poor media who weren't willing to fall out with the club couldn't properly push them to defend their reasons.

There were no valid reasons to move us from the perspective of ccfc. obviously from the perspective of sisu they had reasons dangerous and foolish ones but reasons none the less.

But there were no reasons whatsoever for the good of ccfc to move us, nothing that stood up to any scrutiny whatsoever and nothing they could ever put any numbers to because it was pure nonsense.
At no point did Sisu ask for the fans' help.

If they had come out and said that we could not survive and the club could go under and asked for the fans help in appealing to the council and ACL to help save the club from extinction, things might have been different.

I'm sure some will say that is naive thinking, but desperate times can bring desperate meadures and 'enemies 'can work together for the greater good. Sisu just came out and said they couldn't survive and moved us. They didn't plead with fans for help and didn't try and reason with us or appeal, they just made a decision on our behalf.

I am convinced if they asked us to support them on this one thing and the Trust agreed and so too other supporters groups and ex players etc., all said they were right on this one issue, we could have all campaigned and put pressure on the council and ACL. Sisu just made a very unilateral decision and moved us anyway, despite our protestations. They made no attempt to get us onboard for this ONE issue.

If we all believed our club was at threat this whole Northampton nonsense may have never happened. All Sisu did was make fans dislike them even more.

Nonleagueherewecome

Unfortunately each time I put them up I get called a fucking SISU apologist by the loud shouty bunch, which kind of proves that some refuse to listen.

They were not valid.

Btw, you do know what an apologist is, don't you?:

apologist
əˈpɒlədʒɪst/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial.

torchomatic

Totally agree, you were still outraged though. As I said; "light switch".

I've already said I think moving wasps is wrong though that it doesn't outrage me because there are so many much more outrageous things in the world that deserve my outrage more.

Sisu were lying though when they said the move was for the survival of the club, there were, no, zero, none valid reasons for moving us to northampton.

Nick

Administrator
They were not valid.

Btw, you do know what an apologist is, don't you?:

apologist
əˈpɒlədʒɪst/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial.

Plenty of council ones on here then who accept moving teams ;)

Noggin

The reasons weren't valid and I'm sure they didn't believe them themselves. need the revenues for long term future of the club, need the revenues for ffp, they make good sound bites, the first one is even true for the most part but as reasons for moving to northampton they don't hold up.

Otis

The reasons weren't valid and I'm sure they didn't believe them themselves. need the revenues for long term future of the club, need the revenues for ffp, they make good sound bites, the first one is even true for the most part but as reasons for moving to northampton they don't hold up.
Of course they don't. It was clear the fans simply would not back such a move, but that fell on deaf ears. Without fans there IS no club.

torchomatic

Are you talking about City or Wasps? Shouldn't make any difference, should it?

Of course they don't. It was clear the fans simply would not back such a move, but that fell on deaf ears. Without fans there IS no club.

Otis

The laughs and guffaws from fans when Fisher came out with his ridiculous Sixfields attendance prediction tells you all you need to know.

torchomatic

Noggin

Totally agree, you were still outraged though. As I said; "light switch".

if my wife comes home today and someones nicked her car I'll be outraged, if I see on the news tonight that someone has stolen a car I'll not even notice it to be honest, if questioned on it I'd agree it was wrong but I won't be outraged and why would I be, we couldn't live as human beings if we were outraged by everything that was outrageous.

The wasps situation is different to ours but even if it wasn't, it's not wrong or hypocritical to be outraged by sisu moving us to northampton but not by wasps moving, we can all acknowledge it completely sucks for wasps fans from wycombe or worse wasps fans from London, but as for getting upset about it how can we, most of us have already have already been far more upset, angry and put more heart, more time, more effort, more outrage into the last 18 months than a sports team deserves we'd have to be completely nuts to do the same for the benefit of another sports team that we have no emotional connection to.

olderskyblue

Plenty of council ones on here then who accept moving teams ;)

Are there? The overwhelming number of posts are people saying they don't agree with the council doing this.....

Or is this another of your "divisive" posts Nick ? ;)

Otis

Are there? The overwhelming number of posts are people saying they don't agree with the council doing this.....

The Wasps situation IS different. There is absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever.

rupert_bear

Once they have been here a few years they will be a Coventry club. In all but name they will be Coventry Wasps. If they think it is in their interest, they may well change their name eventually.
Of course they will and if they bring success to the city they will be embraced in no time, people love winners. Loads of time and threads now being wasted on this, the Wasp move has happened I'm afraid so get on with it. While all this political crap has been gong on if you haven't noticed our football team has slumped to within a point of the relegation zone and no sign of improving all due imo to how the football side of things is being run, would be far better now to concentrate on that and let those controlling the policies on how to run a football team know how in no uncertain terms how we feel about it.

Nick

Administrator

Did you read what I quoted? It isn't being divisive, it's saying what is happening.

Me being divisive would be insulting people.

Otis

Of course they will and if they bring success to the city they will be embraced in no time, people love winners. Loads of time and threads now being wasted on this, the Wasp move has happened I'm afraid so get on with it. While all this political crap has been gong on if you haven't noticed our football team has slumped to within a point of the relegation zone and no sign of improving all due imo to how the football side of things is being run, would be far better now to concentrate on that and let those controlling the policies on how to run a football team know how in no uncertain terms how we feel about it.
Well that's it, isn't it. The Wasps move HAS happened. What we need now is the best situation for our club within this situation we now find ourselves in.

rupert_bear

I see a successful Wasps here at the Ricoh both on and off the pitch at the moment as the only way to sort this now becoming horrendous sisu situation out. Wasps doing well and Sky Blues the opposite will not be accepted. I wonder if the Wasp ceo will have a chat to Ms. Sepalla, alone, and give alternative options to those Fisher and Waggott are pursuing, which clearly are not working.

Moff

Well that's it, isn't it. The Wasps move HAS happened. What we need now is the best situation for our club within this situation we now find ourselves in.

Whats the best situation then? as its all a complete clusterfuck and i cant see it improving.

Owners = Shit
On the pitch = Shit
Playing Squad = Shit
Mountain Of debt = Shit
Possibility of New Owners = No Chance/Shit
Owing Own Stadium = Shit
Revenues For Club = Shit
New Stadium = No Chance/Shit
Possibility of Moving Again Out of The City Boundary's = Possible/Shit
Prospect of any bright outlook on the horizon, or success on the pitch = No chance/Shit

Moff

I see a successful Wasps here at the Ricoh both on and off the pitch at the moment as the only way to sort this now becoming horrendous sisu situation out. Wasps doing well and Sky Blues the opposite will not be accepted. I wonder if the Wasp ceo will have a chat to Ms. Sepalla, alone, and give alternative options to those Fisher and Waggott are pursuing, which clearly are not working.

Can I ask seriously why a team (Wasps) that nearly went out of business, and that have only stayed in business due to the money of their owners, who have taken on huge expense to purchase the Ricoh, would even be remotely interested in a debt ridden, loss making football club?

italiahorse

I also see success for Wasps and now it's done I will move on and support it.
Sisu options have now all gone and they will never get their money back.
They can't build a new stadium for several reasons and now need to move on themselves.

Would be great if they did the decent thing and just walked away as there is no value in CCFC other that Ryton.
A nominal fee for that plus an amount for 'goodwill' should be about right.

I believe Wasps management understand what CCFC needs from the deal and we need to build on this.
If we are fighting wasps for other reasons it should not be in the name of CCFC.

SIR ERNIE

Whats the best situation then? as its all a complete clusterfuck and i cant see it improving.

Owners = Shit
On the pitch = Shit
Playing Squad = Shit
Mountain Of debt = Shit
Owing Own Stadium = Shit
Revenues For Club = Shit
Prospect of any bright outlook on the horizon, or success on the pitch = No chance/Shit

such a great post moff it actually made me laugh at our desperate position.

don't know you but I can imagine you with about 8 pints in you shouting and spitting that post out in a pub.

rupert_bear

Owners = Shit
On the pitch = Shit
Playing Squad = Shit
Mountain Of debt = Shit
Owing Own Stadium = Shit
Revenues For Club = Shit
Yes it can improve, just as the "impossible" move back to the Ricoh happened. It takes time, it takes patience, but I see this Wasps thing as a watershed moment and although sisu, or Fisher talk brave they have to be now on the back foot, they basically have no income other than gates and transfers. I bet Fisher is cock-a-hoop Bristol City are here Saturday with about 4000 followers, will look good to Sepalla that but after that back to 7000.

italiahorse

Can I ask seriously why a team (Wasps) that nearly went out of business, and that have only stayed in business due to the money of their owners, who have taken on huge expense to purchase the Ricoh, would even be remotely interested in a debt ridden, loss making football club?

If they were gifted it without the debt it could be a win win situation.

Perhaps administration is required again unfortunately to get rid of Sisu and the debt.
Sisu have no leverage now, other than they may have their arse in their hands.

Astute

Just because in someones opinion they say that there were valid reasons it doesn't mean that there were valid reasons.

Meaningful negotiations should have come first. Involvement of us supporters should have come a close second. But we always came a distinct last.

And when was the last time they put us or our club first?

Otis

Owners = Shit
On the pitch = Shit
Playing Squad = Shit
Mountain Of debt = Shit
Owing Own Stadium = Shit
Revenues For Club = Shit

Welcome to Coventry City Football Club. :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread