Richard Money (1 Viewer)

theprince

Black, Wise, Shaw, Carsley, Staunton, Money perhaps the interviews could be held in the legends bar, Billy Bell could compare the whole thing

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not saying Money is the right man and I don't know much about the circumstances at Luton when he was there but the following season after his departure Luton finished 5th

Sutty

Money was expected to get Luton promoted, so by that token he failed.

Having said that, the Blue Square Premier is probably the toughest league to get out of.

1nilandwe...

Money was expected to get Luton promoted, so by that token he failed.

Having said that, the Blue Square Premier is probably the toughest league to get out of.

Maybe it was a failure on paper, but show me a manager anywhere who we have a hope in hell's chance of getting to this club who has never had a failure, then criticise his record at Luton.

As far as I remember he was a guy with bags of confidence and a no nonsense attitude. Could be just what we need.

spit

Wasn't he booted from HR when Jim Smith was brought in to support Roly? And following that, we started another downward slide...

Nonleagueherewecome

Context? You are the one writing off his entire history and then dismissing him because of a perfectly good record at Luton. My god.

If it's so perfectly good, why did they fire him? Why was he so unpopular? You are ignoring the fact that Luton are a massive Non-league club, the biggest in the past 10 years.

Nonleagueherewecome

Seriously-would he be a contender if he didn't have a history with us? No, he would not.

1nilandwe...

Seriously-would he be a contender if he didn't have a history with us? No, he would not.

Would Dennis Wise? Would Richard Shaw? Would Steve Staunton? These are the types of managers we are going to have to look at because they are the only types we can attract. It's no good hoping that we're going to get the perfect boss. We're going to have to put up with whatever we get and get on with it. You never know, whoever we do get may just work out.

Colonel Mustard

If it's so perfectly good, why did they fire him? Why was he so unpopular? You are ignoring the fact that Luton are a massive Non-league club, the biggest in the past 10 years.

You are assuming that the correct decision was made. Football isn't always a sensible business. As Grendel said, I'd happily take any new manager if they were going to produce the winningest record in CCFC's history...

Colonel Mustard

Wasn't he booted from HR when Jim Smith was brought in to support Roly? And following that, we started another downward slide...

If memory serves, I think there was more to it than that. Whispers of collusion with the ousted Richardson, or something to that tune.

spit

Ah, yes... my beer clouded memory has that one in deep storage, just needed a reminder. Jim Smith was still another McG&T mistake though.

1nilandwe...

If memory serves, I think there was more to it than that. Whispers of collusion with the ousted Richardson, or something to that tune.

Yeah, I believe that he went to BR for some advice. It may have just been a casual chat, who knows. The powers that be (were) decided it was treachery and ousted him. Face. Palm.

Evans020

Money =56 years old...old school would take no tosh from the players..
Highest win percentage ever at Luton and got sacked when 3rd :0.
Also very good time at wallsall got promoted conceding 34 goals in 46 games .sacked the following season as they failed to reach play offs at first attempt basically.
I'd have him here anyday

AFCCOVENTRY

I like the idea of Richard Money.... he was well respected here till all the board room changes. Managed 3 clubs abroad quite successfully which is very commendable.

As mentioned, a bit old school, takes no shit, has a link with the club, knows all about youth players and also been a good scout for the club in the past while academy boss.
Team Nat From To Record
P W D L Win %
Scunthorpe United 6 January 1993 31 July 1994 70 23 24 23 32.86%
AIK 1 January 2003 19 April 2004 37 16 13 8 43.24%
Västerås SK 25 May 2004 31 October 2004 24 10 6 8 41.67%
Newcastle United Jets 23 August 2005 2 May 2006 23 9 5 9 39.13%
Walsall 3 May 2006 22 April 2008 103 44 33 26 42.72%
Luton Town 30 October 2009 28 March 2011 83 45 21 17 54.22%
Total 340 147 102 91 43.24%

AFCCOVENTRY

This is the type of passion we need from a manager

[video=youtube;wdADVAUcOos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdADVAUcOos[/video]

cloughie

This is the type of passion we need from a manager

[video=youtube;wdADVAUcOos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdADVAUcOos[/video]

True and his stats are good but if I remember was treated shabbily by us when he left

Money is a good manager. I'd have no qualms if we got him in.

Edit: although I do genuinely think the above could count against him!

Last edited:

SkyBlueArmy

Getting Luton "challenging" in the BSP is a bit like getting Chelsea or Man U "challenging" in the Premiership: it's the default setting at the start of the season. He had money every transfer window to bring in the pick of the divisions players, WHICH HE DID, and still blew it. He was hanging onto his job by his finger-nails long before he was fired. Are you honestly saying that a failed BSP manager is a candidate for a failing L1 club? Is there another club in our division who would take him? Or do we want someone who "knows the BSP" in preparation for our "The New Luton" status?

they were near bottom when he took over, man u or chelsea near bottom ever?

@richh87

Richard Money was sacked 6 months after confronting the fans in that video - so that's not why.

I'm sorry but Luton are a massive club in that division. Having said that I would rather it be him than some of the people we've been linked with.

I've said this many times, I want a Graeme Souness type to slam McSheffrey and Baker up against a wall and give them the hairdryer treatment.

ICHAN

Why you bothered NLHWC who the next manager is, didn't you say if Bigi goes you were never going up again anyway??

@richh87

Why you bothered NLHWC who the next manager is, didn't you say if Bigi goes you were never going up again anyway??

We all say silly things and don't mean them. In May I said after 17 years of season tickets I wouldn't return to the Ricoh til SISU had gone, and... Oh yeah I haven't* :whistle:

*Watch me rush back up if we appoint Wise though.

ICHAN

One of the few times I have ever agreed with you @rich87, someone needs to come in and leave the "I'm your friend" shit behind and give the whole lot a kick up there backsides, and make them start fighting for their place, and not just assume their good enough.
Time to get rid of the it's only cov attitude that has hung around this club for too long.
Accepting mediocre has to stop and has to stop at the next appointment.

@richh87

One of the few times I have ever agreed with you @rich87, someone needs to come in and leave the "I'm your friend" shit behind and give the whole lot a kick up there backsides, and make them start fighting for their place, and not just assume there good enough.
Time to get rid of the it's only cov attitude that has hung around this club for too long.
Accepting mediocre has to stop and has to stop at the next appointment.

Yep - just has to. For that reason Wise is the man. He doesn't take shit from anyone - and has proven himself. Another thread on this forum shows he has a higher win % than any of the others mentioned.

He is a winner and has done the business at higher levels than Richard Money. He was also doing the business at Millwall without Poyet - so even though it's fashionable to bum Gus, he wasn't the undisputed reason for Swindon and Leeds' success.

Users who are viewing this thread