Richard Keys (2 Viewers)

Buster

I want the best for the club, but would you want me in charge?

Actually, I've backed and been involved with an infinitely fewer number of failed boards than either Elliott or Hoffman...
i thought Hoffman was a successful banking alikadoo

NorthernWisdom

There biggest failure and they would admit it to your face, is they believed Sisu when they first came a bit like most posters on here.

Shame Elliott believed Robinson, McGinnity et. al as well eh...

Charitably, the man has spectacularly poor judgement and shouldn't be let near our club boardroom ever again.

As for Hoffman, he claims not to know what SISU were about. Given his career I find that very hard to believe... I could have told him, others could have told him... his career in fact probably sees him work with organisations who have departments who are, in fact, just like SISU...

They've had their time, they've failed. Pretty pointless getting rid of the failures of the present to put in place the failures of the past - that'd be truly, truly crazy.

Why not bring Richardson back while we're at it?

WestEndAgro

New stadium you told us that last September. Still waiting?

As for going back to the Ricoh it wasn't really a secret was it.

So what else have you heard we have heard plenty but not ready to reveal all will be out soon?

You may even hear it at the ground on Friday.

Real Juicy stuff as well, Stuff we have known about for months but just waiting for others to leak it out........

Do you want me to give you a Give you a clue?

Yes give us a clue !

NorthernWisdom

Joe Elliott said:
I have met them both, very nice guys and very high calibre. I was massively impressed with them

Joe Elliott said:
SISU have done a tremendous job in funding the club. They are very supportive in any way they can

Joe Elliott being all for fan ownership said:
Out-going chairman Joe Elliott has sent a letter to the last remaining shareholders asking them to give up their shares as a matter of urgency to ensure the club's takeover by Ray Ranson and SISU Capital can go through

"I have written to all shareholders to remind them how important this is on deciding the future of the football club," said Elliott.

"At this moment we are either on the launch pad for success or we can hover on the brink of disaster.

Joe Elliott said:
I am delighted Mike McGinnity is to take over. He is a grand chap

hill83

The irony.

giphy.gif

Buster

Shame Elliott believed Robinson, McGinnity et. al as well eh...

Charitably, the man has spectacularly poor judgement and shouldn't be let near our club boardroom ever again.

As for Hoffman, he claims not to know what SISU were about. Given his career I find that very hard to believe... I could have told him, others could have told him... his career in fact probably sees him work with organisations who have departments who are, in fact, just like SISU...

They've had their time, they've failed. Pretty pointless getting rid of the failures of the present to put in place the failures of the past - that'd be truly, truly crazy.

Why not bring Richardson back while we're at it?
Are you saying that you would rather have the present incumbents than this trio with a financial backer?

SkyBlueHomer

Serious question , don't all shout at once cus I've seen the depth of feeling against them but ,why are Gary Hoffman ,Joe Eliot and Richard Keys so hated by CCFC forum posters ? They do seem to want the best for the club ,or is that a part of some dastardly plot to fool us all ?
I've never understood the hatred towards him.
Never met him so not going to slag him off as a person. Let's be honest, he says nothing different to what is said not just on here but in general by our supporters. The only difference is he's in the public eye and people listen so he's there to be shot down

NorthernWisdom

Are you saying that you would rather have the present incumbents than this trio with a financial backer?

I'd rather have someone completely different, who hasn't failed in the past with our club, and who hasn't shown their judgement in who to get on board with as suicidally flawed...

Pretty pointless getting rid of the failures of the present to put in place the failures of the past - that'd be truly, truly crazy.

makes that pretty clear.

rupert_bear

Joe Elliott has only ever been a bit part player at boardroom level in the McGinnity/Richardson days, bit of a PR man. Pumped a lot of dosh into the club especially at youth level. The shares debacle issue obviously was a con many fell for, for some reason after a couple of years sisu changed tact or was that always their plan ?

Last edited:

shmmeee

Serious question , don't all shout at once cus I've seen the depth of feeling against them but ,why are Gary Hoffman ,Joe Eliot and Richard Keys so hated by CCFC forum posters ? They do seem to want the best for the club ,or is that a part of some dastardly plot to fool us all ?

Because they always seem to e around dodgy cunts who want to run a football club.

If any of them had millions and was bankrolling us that'd be one thing. Instead they just line up an endless stream of cunts and charlatans and charlatan cunts.

Keys is a c**t in particular because he promised so much and delivers less than RFC.

Elliot and Hoffman are just incompetent idiots who frankly after their previous record of picking owners to work with should stick to buying a corporate box and cheering the team on. Doubly so for the recent KCIC rent debacle and the way they let Michael take the flack.

So, yeah. Thanks but no thanks super fans.

dongonzalos

Self publicist who has been totally wrong about almost everything so far but I'd guess he'll convince Gary to bring in a new saviour!

Maybe, Preston Haskell IV? Or another mug who'll take-over all our debts and throw millions of ££££££££££££££££££££££££'s at the club.

In your dreams but not mine.

Take it you ARE going now we are back at the Ricoh

Buster

Just as I thought , people hiding behind keyboards having a pop . No real reasons for bile given

torchomatic

Ah, maybe the December 2011 takeover from Hoff is finally sorted.

Ian1779

Keys is simply a self-publicising c**t. Becuase he is famous he thinks he has divine right to preach his opinion like it's fact. The fact he keeps banging on about Haskell just proves how utterly clueless he is.

Also don't forget that Hoffman and Elliott were an intrinsic part of the early SISU regime. Perhaps Elliott gets a bit more stick than he deserves, but Hoffman deserves it for simply messing with fans emotions knowing full well he could never deliver on any of the 'offers' he made.

I would hope that moving forward that none of these would ever be involved with the club if we were to get new owners, but I suppose an honorary position for Elliott would be OK.

shmmeee

tbf to Keys, it was always rumoured he helped get us Peter Reid as manager, and if that was true he delivered on some of his promises...

I'd forgotten about that. Nob head. Next you'll be telling me he convinced Kevin Kyle to sign.

Fans who want to be close to owners who aren't fans inevitably end up being used as a human shield. Their priorities don't line up IMO.

wingy

Would rather get into bed with Alicia than any of those 3 TBF, both metaphorically and literally :eek:

shmmeee

Joe Elliott belongs in the era of local businessmen owning clubs, players having a pint pre game, etc etc. Like Richardson and McGinnity he was out of his depth as soon as football became big business.

Stick to corporate hospitality and leave running a multimillion pound business to the pros. And that doesn't mean Joy "I know nothing about football!" Seppala.

Rusty Trombone

Joe Elliott belongs in the era of local businessmen owning clubs, players having a pint pre game, etc etc. Like Richardson and McGinnity he was out of his depth as soon as football became big business.

Stick to corporate hospitality and leave running a multimillion pound business to the pros. And that doesn't mean Joy "I know nothing about football!" Seppala.

Most clubs are making losses though, there can't be many who know how to run big business successfully.

Hang on though, how about someone giving Grendel a call.

shmmeee

I have no problem with that as a concept in the slightest.

Let's have a new broom however, someone untainted by the stench of failure.

In theory no, but in practise they seem to get mullered by the big boys. Whether it be on stadia leases or whatever. In defence of my favoured fan ownership, I'd hope the wisdom of crowds would help a bit.

But yeah, new broom. I can get behind that.

shmmeee

Most clubs are making losses though, there can't be many who know how to run big business successfully.

Hang on though, how about someone giving Grendel a call.

I think to be fair it's less important now than in the Prem and to some extent the Championship. But we definitely got ripped off a lot under previous regimes.

NorthernWisdom

In theory no, but in practise they seem to get mullered by the big boys.

You can of course have local businessmen suited to the role and local businessmen who aren't ;)

Suppose when it comes down to it, Geoffrey Robinson was a local businessman, after all...

But yeah, new broom. I can get behind that.

Would be nice if we thought better of ourselves than deserving failure replaced by failure.

Ian1779

Just as I thought , people hiding behind keyboards having a pop . No real reasons for bile given

Rubbish.

Hoffman 'offered' to buy the club for a pound for fucks sake. Remember the 'free rent' deal during Admin (that he would have made a big fuck off profit from) - not to mention the deal through KCIC then hanging MO out to dry. The man is nothing more than a white version of Jojar Dhinsa.

Can you name a single positive thing that Richard Keys has done for our club? All he is interested in is forwarding his own agenda, didn't give a fuck through the Richardson/Robinson/McGinnity era, and only raised his head above the paraphet to tag onto the popular opinion. Christ he makes Piers Morgan seem tolerable.

kdrinkell

Piers Morgan is a c**t of the highest order.....even with Stalin on the scene he would not be tolerable

olderskyblue

You see, I quite like keys. He's a sky blue fan who happens to be well known and is opinionated. (Aren't we all?) but.... I would take as much notice of him about football as I would Jeremy clarkson about cars.

Joe? I like him too. He is also sky blue through and through. And, I think he has a heart of gold, but a head of lead when it comes to high finance. ...

Kingokings204

Richard keys doesn't deserve half the flack he gets on here. A genuine fan and a Coventry citizen growing up. Yes he acts like a dick but that's who he is. He has covs best interests at heart and that's been proved to me so that's good enough for me.

He is someone you would rather on side. He knows probably better people to help us than any other. He has made mistake and he would be the first to admit them. Yes he has faults and like to spread his wings but of he can find someone other than sisu then I am a happy camper.

J

Jack Griffin

Try and get a grip as ........ Let's just wait & see.

Oh I forgot about mentioning we'd be back @ the Ricoh in a matter of weeks at the start of August.

Lot's to look forward to including a new Stadium!

Changed your mind then?
Have read all 19 pages and feel totally frustrated by the negative response.

The sooner supporters realise a return to the Ricoh will never happen unless we (the owners or club) actual own it, the better.

We need to move-on and if that means creating a 'new home', then so be it!

Quote from Coventry Observer ....................

"@stevecarpo: I've also been told this isn't a bluff - the #SkyBlues are taking this seriously - the hold up could be being granted planning permission..."

Kingokings204

Changed your mind then?

Some one needs to block or ban this nob head. Purely just a wum and don't for him the time of day. Proved numerous times to be a liar and told me he thought the council were pooing themselves and would do a deal on the court steps? What a prick.

Need to get all of his numerous posts like jacks stating we are never coming home etc and make him look a fool although the damage has been done to him. Why he still posts here god only knows? Not one person takes him seriously. Silly really.

Buster

You all seem to be giving it the "jilted bride " thing . These three have all said that they are trying to make things better with their plans but ,as yet ,nothing has come of them . You all sound hurt and let down . Apart from being ," c units ,c units and c units , what have they done wrong ?

Users who are viewing this thread