Retained list (3 Viewers)

Colin Steins Smile

I guess that lack of speed of the central defenders will be addressed, so maybe McFadz & Hyam maybe under threat of not being offered a deal

Sky Blue Pete

There's a fair bit of deadwood I'd like to see released but I'm hoping there isn't going to be wholesale changes. We've just finished a very respectable 16th and the likes of Hyam and McFadzean are going to be on significantly less wages than players many would like to see come in.
That’s the balance

Liquid Gold

Take the year on Hyam and try and work out something longer. He’s not been his best this year but he still has room to improve with us as he has done through this career. If he doesn’t work then he’s worth a fee to a L1 team.

Kelly makes us tick so I’d be surprised if we didn’t give him a couple of years. He’s the captain so you want to keep the dressing room spirit going.

Fadz I would offer but only a year and I think he’ll drop a level for something longer.

Jones on minimum wage with big appearance goal and assist bonuses.

larry_david

This is going to be a very interesting retained list. Stick or twist with a few. Me personally from what I've seen.

Offer new deals:

Hyam- played almost every game, had a 3 month blip but came out the otherside and is still relatively young. Hyam first 10 games and last 10 games is one worth sticking with.

Mcfadz- yesterday when the game was in the balance he out in 2-3 body blocks. You can tell he's learnt now about his mistakes. Several times he's gone to pass bk to keeper but put it out for a throw instead. Has to stay for another year.

Kelly- keep. Captain, only 31 and a key cog. This season was a learning curve for him and its easy to forget in December he was on fine form until his injury. We know he's a slow starter when coming back, MR says it everytime.

Jones-same again

Release:

Biamou- he's got better and better. He looks at times like a championship striker but he let himself down with his finishing a few weeks ago. Couple of one on ones he missed and I just wonder if we now wish him well.

Baka - Release. Came back in pre season looking like a boss but was never really given a chance and I wish him well.

Thompson- Release

List for availability:

Hilsner, jobello, kasta, Allen, Mason,

SBT

Not every own goal is a player mistake

Yesterday’s clearly was though. Unless he meant to do it?

I like McFadzean, and I think he should get another year, but I don’t expect us to be very good next season if he plays every week. The experience and leadership he brings is very valuable, but it comes with a cost.

SeaSeeEffCee

Release Baka and Thompson, keep Biamou as 4th choice and look to shift Jobello, Kastaneer, Allen, Mason, Hilssner

kg82

I like McFadzean, and I think he should get another year, but I don’t expect us to be very good next season if he plays every week. The experience and leadership he brings is very valuable, but it comes with a cost.
No it wasn’t! He had to stretch to try and get there. Bradshaw would’ve put it in anyway.

ovduk78

No it wasn’t! He had to stretch to try and get there. Bradshaw would’ve put it in anyway.
It could also be argued that more could have been done to stop the cross especially by Hyam (?) by 6 yard line

kg82

It could also be argued that more could have been done to stop the cross especially by Hyam (?) by 6 yard line
I think Burroughs was slightly out of position, which led to it. But I’m not going to lay into him. Played generally well.

steve101

I don't see the footballing benefit in keeping Jones - it's perhaps a morally correct decision based on his injuries, but football and morals don't exactly mix.
There is a risk keeping Jones as he hasn't proven his ability at this level and also has had a terrible time with injuries. However it is also a risk to let him go, given the investment in his rehab and his natural ability. The impact Jones would have on the squad and the fans if he proves himself will be immense. If his ability and fitness see him through it could be like signing a top player for free.

SBT

Of course he had to stretch to try and get there, but he clearly wasn’t intending to put it where he did. By any definition it was a mistake.

kg82

Of course he had to stretch to try and get there, but he clearly wasn’t intending to put it where he did. By any definition it was a mistake.
Yeah, but you’re saying it as if he could’ve done better. There’s nothing else he could’ve done, apart from grow an inch.

Brighton Sky Blue

So if he knee goes again (or some other long term injury) next year surely that argument would apply even more?

Well given how quickly players can be bombed by Robins for us to have persisted with him throughout these injury problems does point to something in his favour

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He had to go for that. If he hadn't the striker just taps it in and we have a go at him for not try to intercept the cross.

Having said that I'd be looking at what options were available before offering him a new deal. We need someone who can organise the defence like him but arguably a bit younger and more mobile. Someone with the pace to recover if they fuck up.

Terry Gibson's perm

So if he knee goes again (or some other long term injury) next year surely that argument would apply even more?

Another serious knee injury would be very serious for his career, looking at it for the club we are 80% of the way with him so wait the other 20% to see what we get.

slowpoke

Got to invest in another twelve month contract for JJ crazy to let him just swan off elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread