Retained list (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

No transfer list announced is interesting. What next for Kasta, Mason, Jobello etc?

junglej13

More detailed article from Andy Turner which says Kelly (2 years), McFadzean, Hyam and Jones all been offered new deals but also says Ben Wilson has extended his deal.
Hope Andy has done his research this year!

chiefdave

No surprises there. Wasn't it said that the obligation to buy on Sheaf only kicked in if certain conditions were met?

jordan210

Coventry City are pleased to announce those members of the squad that have extended their contracts with the Sky Blues.

Captain Liam Kelly has agreed a new contract until June 2023, having joined the Sky Blues in 2017 and made 131 appearances to date.

Defender Kyle McFadzean has signed a new deal until June 2022, extending his stay at the Sky Blues which started in 2019 and has totalled 80 appearances so far.

Following an injury affected 2020/21, we’re pleased to confirm that midfielder Jodi Jones has agreed a new one-year deal until June 2022.

A one-year option in the contract of defender Dom Hyam has also been taken up by the Sky Blues. Hyam joined City in 2017 and has appeared 144 times for the Club.

Goalkeeper Ben Wilson has also agreed a new contract with the Sky Blues until June 2023.

Options have also been activated in the contracts of David Bremang, Jack Burroughs and Jonny Ngandu.

Reactions: AOM

chiefdave

Coventry City are pleased to announce those members of the squad that have extended their contracts with the Sky Blues.

Captain Liam Kelly has agreed a new contract until June 2023, having joined the Sky Blues in 2017 and made 131 appearances to date.

Defender Kyle McFadzean has signed a new deal until June 2022, extending his stay at the Sky Blues which started in 2019 and has totalled 80 appearances so far.

Following an injury affected 2020/21, we’re pleased to confirm that midfielder Jodi Jones has agreed a new one-year deal until June 2022.

A one-year option in the contract of defender Dom Hyam has also been taken up by the Sky Blues. Hyam joined City in 2017 and has appeared 144 times for the Club.

Goalkeeper Ben Wilson has also agreed a new contract with the Sky Blues until June 2023.

Options have also been activated in the contracts of David Bremang, Jack Burroughs and Jonny Ngandu.
Surprised at Wilson given we definitely need a new first choice keeper and Marosi is under contract for another year. Have to hope that they have a move lined up for Marosi and Wilson is staying as backup.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am stunned Bremang has been kept on he has never been near the first team squad even when we were down to nothing.

steve101

Bremang has looked decent in the snippets I have seen. I was surprised to see Newton let go as I thought he looked like he had quality.

Liquid Gold

I’d have thought we’d have extended Hyam for a few years. He wasn’t great this season but played his part and we don’t want to lose him for free if he has a good year next time.

Marty

Pritty much as expected but surprised with Wilson getting an extension, must be happy to be number 2 behind a new keeper. Not sure anyone will be paying any money for the likes of Shipley, Allen or Marosi. Think we'll offer them out for free to clear the wage bill.

larry_david

Yeah, I wonder what’s gone on there. Unless we’re getting a fee for him?...
I watched Bremang a few months ago and tbh on thagday he looked unbelievable. I'm secretly happy he's staying, loan out now to bang some goals in.

No surprise with Bartlett I fear that injury ruined him and writing has been on the wall for Williams for a while. Just hasn't kicked on.

Burroughs was an obvious one and way he's going he's get a proper contract sooner rather than later. Ngandu it appears has kicked on after his Iceland spell and I'd imagine a toughening up league 2 spell will be next.

Newton has always sounded really promising, shame.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I am surprised at Newton and Bermang, perhaps also with Biamou given that Robins was flirting regarding a new contract. That's pretty hard to take for him I would imagine, but hopefully that gives us a couple of spots free for new strikers (which I think we desperately need).

Hopefully he'll also be able to move on a few under-performing players that are still under contract too.

SlowerThanPlatt

Bremang has looked decent in the snippets I have seen. I was surprised to see Newton let go as I thought he looked like he had quality.

Newton is unfortunate as the club signed Reid who doesn’t appear to be challenging for the first team yet. The club have to back their investment I guess

Hobo

No surprises there. Wasn't it said that the obligation to buy on Sheaf only kicked in if certain conditions were met?

Saying the loans have ended doesnt mean they arent coming back. Also players under contract could yet leave if they find clubs over the summer.

The whole picture hasnt been revealed today.

Hobo

Pritty much as expected but surprised with Wilson getting an extension, must be happy to be number 2 behind a new keeper. Not sure anyone will be paying any money for the likes of Shipley, Allen or Marosi. Think we'll offer them out for free to clear the wage bill.

Any squad players he wants to move on that are under contract; it will be made as easy as possible.. They wont be haggling for next to nothing fees. They will be more interested in reducing the compensation package.

Marty

Any squad players he wants to move on that are under contract; it will be made as easy as possible.. They wont be haggling for next to nothing fees. They will be more interested in reducing the compensation package.

I'm not sure exactly how it works with players leaving to go on most likely reduced contracts, but I agree that any business for the 'deadwood' will be more about saving money then creating it.

Hobo

Re Wilson not on an expensive contract I would think.

Perhaps Robins is looking to get a keeper on loan which can be late deals. So keeping both as insurrance if the right deal doesnt come off. If keeper comes in he can.loan one out or it might not be that expensive to release one further down the line?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Surprised Wilson had an extension as he still had a year to run, and also that Bremang was retained with the option given Newton was released.

Assume N'Gandu, Burroughs etc were one year options.

Just Rowe, Howley and Lafferty I've no idea on contract length (though Lafferty may be included in the academy list)

Users who are viewing this thread