Request to waive NDA - email to Wasps, CCFC & Sisu (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Dangle a rod to Duggins as well Pete, he is always good for it.

Sky Blue Pete

@mark82 @Sky Blue Pete

As you’ve got access. Could you ask the following clarifying questions?

- Why can’t negotiations continue past the EFL deadline in a similar manner to 2014?
- Have Sisu agreed to end (or not start new) all legal challenges around the sale of the Ricoh to Wasps? If not, is this a condition requested by Wasps?
- Can they release any further detail on “the indemnity” that Wasps say doesn’t exist? How do they account for such a wide disparity in claims between the two parties?

Could you also ask Wasps if possible (though appreciate they seem to not be answering you directly):
- Even if the NDA can’t be dropped without third party approval, could they release details on what exactly they are requesting CCFC/Sisu to agree to? Specifically what the indemnity involves?

You can’t play this game by eliminating negatives (“it won’t bankrupt the club”, etc) as that leaves too many positives. It’s not Guess Who. This is the clear point of contention so let’s get details.
The questions I’m going with are

Does he have a hat on
Do they wear a hat
Does he have a moustache

robbiekeane

Shit cop out statement by wasps.

More about what they didn’t say than what they did. If they genuinely had nothing to hide then they could’ve said “we don’t mind the NDA being scrapped but there are other decision makers and parties that we are unable to speak for”.

Or, if there was sensitive stuff in there that they didn’t want releasing (financial figures like rent etc, other clauses), then they could have said we don’t want that stuff released but we’ll agree to amend the NDA to exclude stuff about the indemnity etc.

But they didn’t because they’re lying through their teeth

CCFC54321

Wasps statement was embarrassing pathetic and weak. Who wrote that needs sacking.

A long play with words and bare faced pork pies.

We definitely now know who is guilty. Shame on you London Wasps. Get out of this city as your not or never will be wanted here.

shmmeee

With all these statements that seem to be contracting each other, maybe it's time for the sports minister to get involved

Ah yes, when there’s too much rhetoric and bluster, call for a politician ;)

In all seriousness he seems like a sensible Tory, might be worth a shot.

CCFC54321

Regarding the suggestion the NDA can't be dropped because other parties need to agree to it. If you believe that surely the easy answer for Wasps is "yes we're happy to drop it if everyone else agrees". Why are they saying no on somebody else's behalf?
What other parties are we talking about here I wonder!?!

Their protecting CCC as it appears they have an involvement in all this . We know, everyone knows it... the truth will come shortly I guess on what went on behind the scenes. To hot a subject for it to go quiet.

shmmeee

What other parties are we talking about here I wonder!?!

Their protecting CCC as it appears they have an involvement in all this . We know, everyone knows it... the truth will come shortly I guess on what went on behind the scenes. To hot a subject for it to go quiet.

Don’t hold your breath. We regularly go back twenty years on stuff to do with the club and council, sometimes even longer.

We’ve been being promised “the truth: coming soon” for at least the last seven.

CCFC54321

That doesn't disprove anything at all.

Boddy says he let them know in writing about the deadline, names who he went to.

Wasps copy and paste "We were surprised".

It effectively just says "It was all SISU" without any actual detail.

Nothing is actually clarified though? If anything they have dropped the council in it.

Wasps don't think it was just a discussion between those 2 though, neither does Dave Boddy.

Ooopppss CCC drop their mates Wasps in it now!

Can see a fall out coming! :)

clint van damme

Personally I'd say would you enjoy it (Covid becomes an issue!) and did you enjoy last season.

Ultimately, if you think next season will be fun, go for it. Now, the current situation / being in Birmingham, all that might be enough for you to think it won't be fun. Only you know that, though.

I suspect the 'truth' in all of this will only come out in 50 years time, if at all, so I wouldn't let that worry you! SISU are trying to run the club cash neutral, the costs will be eye watering, so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be contributing a fortune to SISU, regardless.

lets be honest, not many seasons following city are fun, no matter the location!

CovInEssex

Joy if you're reading this, I'm happy to come round for a coffee. But don't you dare leave your laptop on with a folder that contains pdf's of the deal Wasps wanted and an empty USB drive on the desk, because I may be tempted to take those files, and that would be illegal.

djr8369

there should only be 2 parties involved . It does not concern anybody else

Wouldn't even the owners be classed as other parties and with both having holding companies and subsidiaries and such just that complicates things. Then there's the retail partners doing food and beverage and such. Arguably the police could be a stakeholder. Then you've got the EFL for planning games. Would all these be on the NDA? It probably is more complex than we initially thought.

Mucca Mad Boys

The screw seems to be turning on Wasps, hopefully in the coming days we get closer to proper clarification of each side.

My impression is that Wasps are hiding behind the NDA. As @chiefdave mentioned, they could have at least indicated a willingness to waive the NDA if other parties are also willing.

chiefdave

Wouldn't even the owners be classed as other parties and with both having holding companies and subsidiaries and such just that complicates things. Then there's the retail partners doing food and beverage and such. Arguably the police could be a stakeholder. Then you've got the EFL for planning games. Would all these be on the NDA? It probably is more complex than we initially thought.
Retail partners aren't likely to be involved. Their deals are with ACL. Any access to F&B will come from the share ACL currently gets.

But again if the issue is genuinely a 3rd party that doesn't stop Wasps saying they have no issue dropping the NDA.

Nick

Administrator
Retail partners aren't likely to be involved. Their deals are with ACL. Any access to F&B will come from the share ACL currently gets.

But again if the issue is genuinely a 3rd party that doesn't stop Wasps saying they have no issue dropping the NDA.

Exactly.

All they have to say is "We have no issues if everybody else on the NDA will".

Orca

Wont' CCFC's deal be with ACL and not Wasps?

djr8369

They could but that doesn't stop what they have said (basically "it isn't as simple as that) being true. As I said earlier, press them on the specifics, who are the other parties, but saying so might void the NDA itself for all we know.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

A very curious statement from Waps isn't it? I find it very surprising that there are 3rd parties involved and that they wouldn't want any of the details released, the wording around 'individuals' is also a bit surprising.

I can completely understand that they would want to redact details that were genuinely commercially sensitive but it would surely not be impossible to release a copy of the proposed terms of the deal minus any financial information to clear this up.

Nick

Administrator
A very curious statement from Waps isn't it? I find it very surprising that there are 3rd parties involved and that they wouldn't want any of the details released, the wording around 'individuals' is also a bit surprising.

I can completely understand that they would want to redact details that were genuinely commercially sensitive but it would surely not be impossible to release a copy of the proposed terms of the deal minus any financial information to clear this up.

Even if they just responded to the "specifics" in the Boddy statement.

"We didn't know there was an EFL deadline"
"We didn't receive anything explaining this"

Either they are bullshitting or Dave Boddy has turned into a PR genius.

cooperskyblue

You would think that if Wasps are in the right, being totally truthful that they would go above and beyond to prove that, but they just seem to simply repel claims against them without providing anything of substance, coming up with any hurdle or excuse to delay/prevent the truth coming out. They say in their statement that they will not give credibility to any of the other alleged claims against them, but to me that just does the opposite and gives them all the credibility, because they have nothing to refute them with.

What are the repercussions of breaking and NDA? In my mind, any financial implication for doing so from SISU would most certainly be out weighed by exposing the truth and Wasps for what they really are.

Nick

Administrator
Wasps fans seem so deluded

sisu.PNG

This is exactly why the local media should have been doing their jobs.

Mucca Mad Boys

Even if they just responded to the "specifics" in the Boddy statement.

"We didn't know there was an EFL deadline"
"We didn't receive anything explaining this"

Either they are bullshitting or Dave Boddy has turned into a PR genius.

Both of Wasps statements have been very, very vague.

The fact that Boddy went into specifics, namely claiming he spoke to his Wasps counterpart, Vaughan, not once, but twice! This makes me suspect that Boddy is telling the truth. Especially since he is putting his own name on said claims.

This is why Wasps are facing a lot more heat than they usually do. I really hope the next CCFC statement elaborates on this.

Nick

Administrator
I have to be fair and say that the EFL deadline is a red herring in many respects and no barrier to continuing to discuss a return subject to an acceptable deal with Brum.

I guess knowing for the start of the season it would needed to be known.

It would just mean going back in a month or so and saying "we want to change".

Mucca Mad Boys

I have to be fair and say that the EFL deadline is a red herring in many respects and no barrier to continuing to discuss a return subject to an acceptable deal with Brum.

Genuine question. Are there any penalties for breaking the St Andrews rent agreement in-season?

If the bridges haven’t been completely burned (Real risk of this), I imagine both parties will continue to talk throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread