Report into Ricoh Arena talks (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I do wonder if the news had been damning about the council, how many would have raised the "it started in May" issue at all....

You know, I still haven't read the story. Judging from the headline and the commentary here, as far as I can see people are entitled to complain to the council about behaviour if they want to, it's hardly unexpected an internal review clears people... but it's all just noise, and not 'newsworthy' in my view... but I do understand why the Telegraph print it!

It's a local paper after all, space to fill. And having, this afternoon, trudged through old papers with particularly thrilling stories (Boy breeds Rabbits being one of the more exciting!) then it *is* positively newsworthy! I'm always vaguely reassured when a local paper has non stories, as it suggests the place is a decent place to live if it's not full of murder rape and warmongering!

I can have my own issues about the Telegraph (will never understand why they got on board with Wasps so soon - well, I can surmise ;) the headlines can sometimes skew and, well, with all deference to the honourable Mr. Gilbert then find me an objective journalist and next to them will be the trustworthy politician and the ethical hedge fund:whistle:) but I can't help but feel this is a mountain over a molehill.

'Woman complains, complaint is dealt with'.

Nick

Administrator

Nah, dont think it will make too much difference. I think they could probably have Ann Lucas on film calling SISU c*nts and saying how the Wasps deal lost the tax payer millions but at least SISU didn't get it* and they would get away with it. Probably say it was out of context, she was just repeating what fans thought.

*I am not saying she has said that.

eastwoodsdustman

The thing is, that anyone who bothered to take even a slightly deeper look into the whole saga from the start could see that the council were just out to shaft Sisu and the club as a result.
For people to come on here and either deny it or support the council still is just laughable.:claping hands:

OffenhamSkyBlue

Or the Telegraph, for that matter, after the recent revelation in the Ethics Committee meeting that the Editor agreed to sit on the Ricoh sale story until it was a done deal.

The thing is, that anyone who bothered to take even a slightly deeper look into the whole saga from the start could see that the council were just out to shaft Sisu and the club as a result.
For people to come on here and either deny it or support the council still is just laughable.:claping hands:

Nick

Administrator
Or the Telegraph, for that matter, after the recent revelation in the Ethics Committee meeting that the Editor agreed to sit on the Ricoh sale story until it was a done deal.

I don't think that was said in the meeting, that was a tweet from Les Reid.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I believe he was reporting in a Tweet that it had been revealed. True, he doesn't explicitly say it was in the meeting. Apologies.
Was one of the reasons he parted company with the CT, apparently.

Nick

Administrator
I believe he was reporting in a Tweet that it had been revealed. True, he doesn't explicitly say it was in the meeting. Apologies.
Was one of the reasons he parted company with the CT, apparently.

Yes Les Reid did, sorry I thought I had confused in the other thread as I didn't make it clear it wasn't from the CET coverage it was Les Reid tweeting.

Users who are viewing this thread