Report into Ricoh Arena talks (1 Viewer)

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Appreciate we'd rather not be discussing this stuff at the moment, but a couple of stories have just gone up which you might find interesting.

The timing is purely down to the fact these documents have been made public today, one week ahead of the ethics committee hearing next week.

There's a lot of interesting material for you to digest.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/report-dismisses-sisu-complaint-conduct-10488046

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/sisu-chief-joy-seppala-accuses-10487881

Nick

Administrator
The bit that stands out for me is SISU's new lawyer.

Top-5-Michonne-Moments.jpg

And that there is Rugby at the ricoh with music.

advert.gif

Attachments

• advert.jpg
    advert.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 41

chiefdave

The panel is chaired by Labour Councillor Joseph Clifford and includes Labour colleagues Coun Damian Gannon, Coun John McNicholas and Coun Linda Bigham as well as Tory member Coun Allan Andrews.

the independent report, paid for by the council

All seems totally above board to me :whistle:

Sure the fact that no meetings about the Ricoh appear to have been minuted or recorded is anything to worry about.

fernandopartridge

The council were hardly going to commission a report that didn't exonerate the behaviour of councillors and SISU were hardly going to agree with that outcome.

I think Lucas and Mutton do come across as unprofessional, particularly the latter.

I'm not sure overall what the point of this is mind.

Bertola

is it ethical journalism to include what is stated at Sepalla's phone number? I wouldve expected that to have been at least blurred out

wingy

The council were hardly going to commission a report that didn't exonerate the behaviour of councillors and SISU were hardly going to agree with that outcome.

I think Lucas and Mutton do come across as unprofessional, particularly the latter.

I think Its an attempt to have the final word In a battle lost.

Nick

Administrator

Imagine if they bring Maton into it. He is just the guy who they basically roll out to say "Screw you if you don't like it".

Sub

As normal things are going right on the pitch so we have to go and mess things up off the pitch FFS why cant people just keep quiet. A distraction from how well things are going is the last thing the club needs:facepalm:

Kingokings204

It's just more bs. Let's move past this he said she said crap. No one cares. I care about the football and top of the league. Us fans can't control Ann Lucas and Joy have a slanging match. I don't care!!!!

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
As normal things are going right on the pitch so we have to go and mess things up off the pitch FFS why cant people just keep quiet. A distraction from how well things are going is the last thing the club needs:facepalm:

Couldn't agree more. But this report and accompanying documents are now in the public domain. If we don't report it, it would get out anyway. There's also a public interest argument.

Sisu are the ones pursuing this complaint. They may have a case, they may not. What is for certain is that it as unfortunate distraction and comes across as a bit self-defeating at a time when they are top of the table and in credit with the fans.

Just my view.

Specs WT-R75

Couldn't agree more. But this report and accompanying documents are now in the public domain. If we don't report it, it would get out anyway. There's also a public interest argument.

Sisu are the ones pursuing this complaint. They may have a case, they may not. What is for certain is that it as unfortunate distraction and comes across as a bit self-defeating at a time when they are top of the table and in credit with the fans.

Just my view.

What's the end game here Simon? After the ethics committee sweep it aside, do they then get to appeal to an independent panel or the government?

Nick

Administrator

It is dated May I think. So it isn't as if they have thought they were doing well so did it.

The articles don't state that but the leaked letter does. Let's not let that get in the way of a rant against them doing something just as we go top of the league though.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
What's the end game here Simon? After the ethics committee sweep it aside, do they then get to appeal to an independent panel or the government?

There's also a complaint filed with the Local Government Ombudsman. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/exclusive-coventry-city-fc-owners-9251200

I would imagine Sisu would have to demonstrate they've been through all the available procedures before that complaints process is concluded.

They would probably have to demonstrate they've taken all other available action if they were to pursue legal recourse - perhaps launching damages claims against individuals for instance.

I'm not suggesting that's their intention by the way, merely hypothesising.

Nick

Administrator

Just my view.

Simon, is that letter not from May though? Why is it being pushed as happening just as we go top and in credit with the fans? Unless the date is wrong.

Nick

Administrator
It has certainly seen a rise in NOPM though, got the froth going.

It isn't something that has been done just as we go top though is it? Might be worth pointing it out as it is the way people seem to be taking it and what is implied in Simon's post.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Simon, is that letter not from May though? Why is it being pushed as happening just as we go top and in credit with the fans? Unless the date is wrong.

The letter only became public today when it was published online along with all the other documents ahead of the Ethics Committee meeting on Monday, November 30.

Nick

Administrator
The letter only became public today when it was published online along with all the other documents ahead of the Ethics Committee meeting on Monday, November 30.

Yes, but it isn't something that has suddenly happened though which is very much how people are taking it and what you tried to imply in your post above.

What is for certain is that it as unfortunate distraction and comes across as a bit self-defeating at a time when they are top of the table and in credit with the fans.

I could understand if it was action they took out today, but it was from May wasn't it but the article doesn't make that very clear (it doesn't say that at all unless you read the letter). Unless SISU saw into the future and planned it so it was done just as we went top?

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Yes, but it isn't something that has suddenly happened though which is very much how people are taking it and what you tried to imply in your post above.

The report into the complaint was published today. That's something that has happened today.

We didn't know the full details of the complaint until today. That's why we reported it today.

oldfiver

Just my view.

Simon
Which table are SISU top of?

Nick

Administrator
The report into the complaint was published today. That's something that has happened today.

We didn't know the full details of the complaint until today. That's why we reported it today.

Yes, I understand that but your post also tried to push that it is happening just as we go top.

Why is it self defeating now we have gone top, if they started it in May? Whether it is right or wrong they haven't just started it as we go top of the league have they?

There's no mention of when it started unless you click to see the letter, so it very much comes across as all of it is starting now rather than "Reports published from action started back in May comes out". Then you push the top of the league stuff on here, when really it is just a co-incidence that the report came out today and could never have been predicted back when it was started.

Users who are viewing this thread