Replay (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

No logical reason why our game shouldn't be on, it's far more interesting than Spurs at home to Southampton or Liverpool U23s v Shrewsbury but I'm sure the BBC and BT are creaming themselves at the thought of being able to put top six sides on no matter how dull the game is likely be.

Grendel

No logical reason why our game shouldn't be on, it's far more interesting than Spurs at home to Southampton or Liverpool U23s v Shrewsbury but I'm sure the BBC and BT are creaming themselves at the thought of being able to put top six sides on no matter how dull the game is likely be.

To anyone outside of the two team support base why would anyone be interested? Let’s be honest as well unless you supported either team the game was a bore fest - the Shrewsbury fans played today was far more interesting as a neutral

PurpleBin

I honestly don't understand some of our fans. Keep bleating on about how it's bad that the same teams get picked for TV every time.

It's not about anything other than viewing figures. The reality is, no one really gives a fuck outside the Midlands about our game. So cringeworthy grown adults keep ranting about this but can't seem to understand the TV companies are businesses not charities.

I hope we are, I guess we still can be but I highly doubt it. More people are interested in Liverpool and Spurs, under 23s or not.

How anyone can't see that our game isn't likely to get the millions of viewers Liverpool will get is nuts to me.

scottccfc

how nice would it be if they turned round and gave all the season ticket holders a free ticket for the replay (everyone paid the price of 23 home games but since bury have gone bust it will be 22) I know they mentioned they will make next years season ticket prices cheaper but surely this would be win win

shmmeee

how nice would it be if they turned round and gave all the season ticket holders a free ticket for the replay (everyone paid the price of 23 home games but since bury have gone bust it will be 22) I know they mentioned they will make next years season ticket prices cheaper but surely this would be win win

Not sure how Brum would feel about that unless we gave up our other revenue to compensate them.

scottccfc

My head hurts. Let people in for free when we've not got a pot to piss in and the same for Birmingham? Christ.
Hardly free is it if season ticket holders have already paid for the bury game! And the club are discounting next year's season tickets to compensate but this iradicates the need for that!

Nick

Administrator
Hardly free is it if season ticket holders have already paid for the bury game! And the club are discounting next year's season tickets to compensate but this iradicates the need for that!

So does the club then pay Birmingham their share and make a loss on it?

It doesn't add up.

PurpleBin

If they plan to charge 20 quid for the game and think "Nah, fuck it. Because of Bury we'll let people in for free" its thousands of pounds in lost revenue for City and Blues. Bare in mind, both clubs would need to agree to such a deal and both clubs desperately need the cash...Do you think what you're saying makes sense?

Grendel

Well it doesn’t as some will not be going anyway and if we are going to sell as many as people think why offer it?

vow

Don’t know whether it’s just automatic for every game but BBC have it down as Tuesday 4th at 7:45
The FA Cup - Scores & Fixtures - Football - BBC Sport
It's automatic until changed (I know this as I looked at the Cov v Brum fixture 4th Round and all the fixtures were Saturday until changed by FA and TV companies, BT/BBC).
plus there's a little disclaimer underneath the fixtures
"All times are UK and subject to change. BBC is not responsible for any changes."

covcity4life

I honestly don't understand some of our fans. Keep bleating on about how it's bad that the same teams get picked for TV every time.

It's not about anything other than viewing figures. The reality is, no one really gives a fuck outside the Midlands about our game. So cringeworthy grown adults keep ranting about this but can't seem to understand the TV companies are businesses not charities.

I hope we are, I guess we still can be but I highly doubt it. More people are interested in Liverpool and Spurs, under 23s or not.

How anyone can't see that our game isn't likely to get the millions of viewers Liverpool will get is nuts to me.

Thing is these same fans kick off when cov r chosen for tv lol!!!

Magwitch

Can't see more than 3K to be honest, 2K if it's on TV. I can't see people falling over themselves to go to a midweek game at a ground we'll visit on 30 other occasions this season. SA fatigue will kick in with a lot of regulars.[/QUOTE
Whatever the away end holds we will sell.

chiefdave

Baffled as to why info hasn't been released yet, its a week away!
Last game of the round was only last night. Assume TV wait until they're all completed to pick what replays they want to show.

Would also think once the date, time and other arrangements are agreed between the clubs the police will need to give the OK.

SkyBlueDom26

I agree. I think in order

tv potentially
Discussions around incidents inside and outside stadium for the safety guy to take forward and there may be some discussion about not doing 50:50 again

got to be today surely

Can't see us taking 9k on a tuesday night anyway, probably be around 4-6

Although the possibility of facing Incester may attract more

pusbccfc

Yeah, that will be enough.

A lot of Blues fans not happy with the prices.

Jukeblue

Yeah, that will be enough.

A lot of Blues fans not happy with the prices.
£20 is a silly price for a midweek replay against a league one team (I'd like to see what other Championship clubs would charge) but there's bound to be 5'000/6'000 Blues fans who couldn't get into the original tie who'll be happy enough to pay this. I'll probably go sit in the comfy seats up the back of the kop with my £2 discount although I hear it's a nightmare getting a pint at half-time

ccfcmad1

Blues have just said we will have full away end top and bottom tier 5500 no news from our end but surely be on sale tomorrow

Ring Of Steel

Blues have just said we will have full away end top and bottom tier 5500 no news from our end but surely be on sale tomorrow

Its not the whole away end, that stand holds 8,000. Its basically the same seats that they had for the first leg.

They are so pissed off with life in general and the prices for this that they're saying that if we sell out we might end up outnumbering them

Grendel

Its not the whole away end, that stand holds 8,000. Its basically the same seats that they had for the first leg.

They are so pissed off with life in general and the prices for this that they're saying that if we sell out we might end up outnumbering them

They sold that end out. You don’t go to any games do you?

chiefdave

Should be enough for a midweek game. Think with the novelty factor having worn off and it quite possibly being lousy weather the demand won't be the same as for the first game. Plus you've got the prospect of extra time and penalties which might put off people bringing kids.

Users who are viewing this thread