Replay (1 Viewer)

Ring Of Steel

They sold that end out. You don’t go to any games do you?

Course they did :woot:

I know you have a grudge against me for highlighting some issues with the factual basis of your views, but this is hardly going to help is it. They sold out the tickets they had, which is not the whole of the end- what ground were you at? Looks like we have the same seats in that stand that they did.
sell out.PNG

Grendel

Course they did :woot:

I know you have a grudge against me for highlighting some issues with the factual basis of your views, but this is hardly going to help is it. They sold out the tickets they had, which is not the whole of the end- what ground were you at? Looks like we have the same seats in that stand that they did.
View attachment 13997

Surely that’s a home end? I’ve always assumed that as the away end is on the other side of the ground

CCFC54321

£20 is a silly price for a midweek replay against a league one team (I'd like to see what other Championship clubs would charge) but there's bound to be 5'000/6'000 Blues fans who couldn't get into the original tie who'll be happy enough to pay this. I'll probably go sit in the comfy seats up the back of the kop with my £2 discount although I hear it's a nightmare getting a pint at half-time
Agreed. £20 to much for a lot of people and many concentrating on the league games it’s an added expense when money is tight in many households. Can’t see a gate more than 10k.

theferret

Its not the whole away end, that stand holds 8,000. Its basically the same seats that they had for the first leg.

They are so pissed off with life in general and the prices for this that they're saying that if we sell out we might end up outnumbering them

Not sure the GM holds 8K, though it was 7K with every seat. Suspect there might be one block netted off and the front couple of rows which may explain the difference. No logical reason why they would close the blocks closest to the Kop Stand for this one.

Ring Of Steel

Not sure the GM holds 8K, though it was 7K with every seat. Suspect there might be one block netted off and the front couple of rows which may explain the difference. No logical reason why they would close the blocks closest to the Kop Stand for this one.
There are 8,000 seats in the stand, but I think they are limited on what they are allowed to sell. I think the lower tier is 5,500 and the ambitiously named "Olympic Gallery" above holds 2,500

SBAndy

£20 is a silly price for a midweek replay against a league one team (I'd like to see what other Championship clubs would charge) but there's bound to be 5'000/6'000 Blues fans who couldn't get into the original tie who'll be happy enough to pay this. I'll probably go sit in the comfy seats up the back of the kop with my £2 discount although I hear it's a nightmare getting a pint at half-time

If by the “comfy seats” you mean the corporate, it’ll be £35 a ticket.

theferret

There are 8,000 seats in the stand, but I think they are limited on what they are allowed to sell. I think the lower tier is 5,500 and the ambitiously named "Olympic Gallery" above holds 2,500

Yeah, it doesn't quite stack up. 5.5K sounds to me like it should be the whole bottom tier which is pretty much exactly what we had for the cup tie a few years back (I don't recall us having the top tier that day). Either way, it is enough tickets I think, still doubtful that we will take that many.

Ring Of Steel

Yeah, it doesn't quite stack up. 5.5K sounds to me like it should be the whole bottom tier which is pretty much exactly what we had for the cup tie a few years back (I don't recall us having the top tier that day). Either way, it is enough tickets I think, still doubtful that we will take that many.
I guess its the same lower section as they had and the equivalent blocks above, who knows.
Probably not 5,500, maybe 3kish though. Tonight's game is more important than the replay as far as I'm concerned.

Jukeblue

6000 ish downstairs
1700 ish upstairs
300 in the executive boxes

Now, the back three rows of seats are covered up because apparently to sell them would impair the view of folks in the executive boxes. That's upwards of 500/600 seats.

About 300 seats in block 1 are covered up the one's right beside the Kop stand.

Some front row seats covered up too so capacity 7000 after all those seats are removed from sale. 5'500 must mean additional seats taken out of sale somewhere unless Cov ain't actually getting the GMU?

Amateurish statement put out by Blues

Grendel

Yes thats brilliant, keep it going- at some stage by fluke you're bound to get something right.

What are you on about? We are allocated the whole of one end. The notion its a conspiracy to reduce our fans below there supporters is up there with I think Allardyce was ever a CCFC manager, Leicester have a distortion of Tory voters and we have a better fanbase than them

Ring Of Steel

What are you on about? We are allocated the whole of one end. The notion its a conspiracy to reduce our fans below there supporters is up there with I think Allardyce was ever a CCFC manager, Leicester have a distortion of Tory voters and we have a better fanbase than them

As you will see from the post above yours, we are not in fact allocated the whole of one end. Far from it. But as I said, keep trying :)

Whoever said anything about conspiracies? They've given us some blocks of the stand with huge segregation again. Thats about the size of it.

Grendel

6000 ish downstairs
1700 ish upstairs

Now, the back three rows of seats are covered up because apparently to sell them would impair the view of folks in the executive boxes. That's upwards of 500/600 seats.

Some front row seats covered up too so capacity 7000 after all those seats are removed from sale. 5'500 must mean additional seats taken out of sale somewhere unless Cov ain't actually getting the GMU?

The Birmingham website says the lower section is 4,500 capacity which given they will block off the last section does make sense?

Away Guide | Birmingham City

Ring Of Steel

6000 ish downstairs
1700 ish upstairs

I don't see why they'd open the upper at all, just the lower at 5.5k would be fine I reckon, have the upper ready in case there is huge demand or something.

Grendel

I don't see why they'd open the upper at all, just the lower at 5.5k would be fine I reckon, have the upper ready in case there is huge demand or something.

The last block is never allowed as lower away capacity is limited to 4,500

Ring Of Steel

The Birmingham website says the lower section is 4,500 capacity which given they will block off the last section does make sense?

Away Guide | Birmingham City
No it doesn't, you're wrong again.

Thats some kind of independent website you're looking at. And you can't read either, it says "3,000 which can be increased to 4,500". That is not the same as the "capacity", now is it. The lower tier holds about 5.5k and total capacity of the end is 8,000 of which they sell 7,000. And we're getting 5,500.

I'm struggling to understand how come its so hard for you to get your head around this? Its not hard

Grendel

No it doesn't, you're wrong again.

Thats some kind of independent website you're looking at. And you can't read either, it says "3,000 which can be increased to 4,500". That is not the same as the "capacity", now is it. The lower tier holds about 5.5k and total capacity of the end is 8,000 of which they sell 7,000. And we're getting 5,500.

I'm struggling to understand how come its so hard for you to get your head around this? Its not hard

I'm not - the last two blocks in the lower stand are not for sale as aren't the seats in the adjacent stand for home fans

Ring Of Steel

The last block is never allowed as lower away capacity is limited to 4,500
Birmingham home game, Gil Merrick stand.

4,500 away fans nearest to camera, then home fans the other side of them. No areas 'blocked off', few rows of segregation thats all. The upper empty which is another 2,000 or so. 8,000 seats all in, of which 7,000 sellable.
sellout 5.PNG

Reactions: vow

Grendel

Birmingham home game, Gil Merrick stand.

4,500 away fans nearest to camera, then home fans the other side of them. No areas 'blocked off', few rows of segregation thats all. The upper empty which is another 2,000 or so. 8,000 seats all in, of which 7,000 sellable.
View attachment 14002

Which includes home fans I assume in the far end - did you take that photo?

Users who are viewing this thread