Regardless of the rhetoric who thinks.... (1 Viewer)

EVENTUALLY DO YOU STILL BELEIVE WE WILL RETURN TO THE RICOH?

• YES

Votes: 49 74.2%
  • NO

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paxman II

The Sky Blues will return and play at the Ricoh Arena whether they own or rent the stadium?

It's a yes from me.

Last edited:

Samo

Yep. Just a matter of time.

James Smith

ideally yes, I just don't see us returning under SISU. They won't get the freehold and won't accept a rent deal.

Yes but only under new owners.

Astute

Of course we will be back. And I would say either next season or the one after. And that is whoever is in charge of our club.

Joy has just admitted that it would be totally stupid to build another stadium elsewhere. Not only would it have to be paid for but losses would have to be covered for a few more years whilst a site was found, planning permission granted and then the build to go ahead. And in this time we could become a non league club as FFP would have an effect on our squad.

The reason I say we will be back in the next two seasons are that things are coming to an end. The reason that we are in Northampton was to send ACL to the wall. It failed. The JR is coming up. And if CCC have not done anything legally wrong it will be the end of the road for litigation that could work for SISU. If anything could be found to be illegal it would be sorted within a year. Can't see it myself though. We have already seen a fair bit in the Higgs v SISU case.

So how long would SISU keep adding to the loans to keep us in Northampton without a chance of getting the unencumbered freehold?

RFC

Of course we will be back. And I would say either next season or the one after. And that is whoever is in charge of our club.

Joy has just admitted that it would be totally stupid to build another stadium elsewhere. Not only would it have to be paid for but losses would have to be covered for a few more years whilst a site was found, planning permission granted and then the build to go ahead. And in this time we could become a non league club as FFP would have an effect on our squad.

The reason I say we will be back in the next two seasons are that things are coming to an end. The reason that we are in Northampton was to send ACL to the wall. It failed. The JR is coming up. And if CCC have not done anything legally wrong it will be the end of the road for litigation that could work for SISU. If anything could be found to be illegal it would be sorted within a year. Can't see it myself though. We have already seen a fair bit in the Higgs v SISU case.

So how long would SISU keep adding to the loans to keep us in Northampton without a chance of getting the unencumbered freehold?

Still a possibility, 1% PUSB!

skybluetony176

There isn't another option.

I'm hopeful that either a deal will be done on the steps of the JR court. The other scenario I see for a quick return is for SISU to loose the JR, what other options will they realistically have? If we come back as tenants that's when we have to unite under one voice and do everything we can to make sure it's the right deal. Low rent with access to match day revenue.

The Gentleman

Are you all calling Joy a liar? She said in her program notes that the new stadium is coming............................................................

Otis

Are you all calling Joy a liar? She said in her program notes that the new stadium is coming............................................................

Yeah, but don't they say the same thing about Jesus and have been doing so for over a thousand years?

Think you will find Joy is a Christian too so that might well explain it all.

ajsccfc

I went with Yes, but it's not so much believing we will as disbelieving in anything else. We have to really somehow, don't we?

skybluelee

Of course we bloody well. There's no way we'll premanently relocate to Shitfields and we all know the stadium is a load of bollocks.

Timescales will become clearer post-JR but we'll move back eventually, even if it was with a post-liquidation CCFC Pheonix side.

That's what I reckon anyhow.

The Penguin

I've given up hope, really, although that may just be a defense mechanism so that if we ever do move back, I can be extra happy about it.

I can't see anyone left in this whole shitfight who is willing/able to actually act like an adult, so....

Happy to be proven wrong.

Davs

We will be back at the Ricoh sooner or later, otherwise both the Arena and the club have no future.

Because moving to Northampton [CCFC] and Streakers [CCC/ACL] is not "moving on" whatever both sides may say.

Not sure the JD will be the defining moment though

Kingokings204

I have to say that if they stay at Northampton for another season then they are fools and deserve everything the club sadly and they get.

But I think we will be at the ricoh next season both head and heart say this.

chiefdave

I think we'll either be back at the Ricoh or cease to exist. A new ground just isn't financially viable and SISU must know this, it would be absolute madness to go down that route so it will be the Ricoh or nothing. Things will probably be clearer after the JR, at least I hope so as I can't take many more seasons like this. If SISU win then they will no doubt start further action with the ultimate aim of getting the Ricoh, if they lose I think they either have to walk away or fold the club. Hopefully it will be to their advantage financially to sell us on as I don't think they would hesitate to wind the club up if they thought that would get them the greatest return.

fernandopartridge

I think we'll either be back at the Ricoh or cease to exist. A new ground just isn't financially viable and SISU must know this, it would be absolute madness to go down that route so it will be the Ricoh or nothing. Things will probably be clearer after the JR, at least I hope so as I can't take many more seasons like this. If SISU win then they will no doubt start further action with the ultimate aim of getting the Ricoh, if they lose I think they either have to walk away or fold the club. Hopefully it will be to their advantage financially to sell us on as I don't think they would hesitate to wind the club up if they thought that would get them the greatest return.

Someone would need to pay more than the sum of the value of any assets, although that's probably simplistic in the world they operate in.

chiefdave

Someone would need to pay more than the sum of the value of any assets, although that's probably simplistic in the world they operate in.

My concern is that we have so little value in the way of assets you can't rule out SISU being vindictive and winding up the club just to make a point to the Council. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

bezzer

My concern is that we have so little value in the way of assets you can't rule out SISU being vindictive and winding up the club just to make a point to the Council. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Yes that's my concern too.

If SISU do wind us up, does the Golden Share return to the league who then 'give' it to the loser of the Conference play off final??

HighfieldRoader

Would love to think that we will return but SISU's pigheadedness seems to know no bounds and their realtionship with ACL/Council is so poisonous. They have also made it clear that they do not intend walking away from the club in a hurry.

Otis

Yes that's my concern too.

If SISU do wind us up, does the Golden Share return to the league who then 'give' it to the loser of the Conference play off final??

Surely Sisu have been winding us up for years haven't they?

Kingokings204

To ask about the ricoh next season or not this says it all for me from Joy herself:

“I cannot change the past, but players, management, supporters and investors can shape the future. I take my share of the responsibility for where we are and it is time for others to set aside personal and political ambitions and do what is right, not what is convenient and popular.”

Its all here in a nutshell. It reads to me its time to stop fucking around and lets do a deal as we have been forced into submission by NOPM and the interim groundshare was just simply to fulfil its fixtures for 13/14 season. They will either walk either liquidate or sell most likely sell or accept the rental deal with access to revenues then sell.

The bit where she states investors were tested to the maximum is also a giveaway. They are fed up and the whole point is they want quick returns not over 10 years. Investors im certain want out and they are right. aren't loans payable end of this year in full, perfect timing for the result of the JR and subsequent sale of ccfc.

Back at the RICOH FOR 14/15 SEASON.

J

Jack Griffin

Yup KoK, I think that the investors meetings must be very difficult for Joy, I'm happy to say.

Pretty much every decision she's made has made this mess worse, I think she just doesn't understand the mentality of football fans, local government or charities.

Kingokings204

Yup KoK, I think that the investors meetings must be very difficult for Joy, I'm happy to say.

Pretty much every decision she's made has made this mess worse, I think she just doesn't understand the mentality of football fans, local government or charities.

The thing is Jack are the investors going to keep funding horrible losses for another 4 years with no new stadium I don't know why its still even mentioned tbh?

The quote this weekend "it seems absurb to build when already purpose built ready" its telling its story in another manner that's all. It reads "a new stadium wouldn't make any financial or logical sense and wont happen when the ricoh is ready and fit for purpose that we should or will be playing at"

I fully expect Coventry at the ricoh for 14/15 season somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread