The never ending court story (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

It makes good business sense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fuck that, how about have some morals? MK Dons are repugnant and so are London Wasps. Also good business sense for Wasps? Have you seen their finances? The play to mostly half empty stadium even though they give out free tickets like sweets.

Fuck them

Nick

Administrator
Fuck that, how about have some morals? MK Dons are repugnant and so are London Wasps. Also good business sense for Wasps? Have you seen their finances? The play to mostly half empty stadium even though they give out free tickets like sweets.

Fuck them
He was being sarcastic

letsallsingtogether

Fuck them
Morals you should have added Sisu to that. :)
Like peas in a pod

Magwitch

Boddy is saying what we all know and worry about, looking for sympathy perhaps ? The answer is in our owners hands, cease the legals. don’t think they will, then what ?

Captain Dart

Brighton Sky Blue

Surely SISU can fix the problem by stopping litigation.

Whatever you think of Wasps isn't that the best step in the short term to ensure the club can fulfil next season's fixtures.

It is then up to Wasps to be reasonable and provide an affordable deal.

In SISU's mind litigation is their last chance saloon at bagging the Ricoh and they'll keep it up till it's impossible.

torchomatic

But to sanctify wasps is a tad hypocritical

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Funny how hypocritcal many are on here - hate SISU, admire Wasps. As has been pointed out, "two peas in a pod".

SkyblueBazza

Funny how hypocritcal many are on here - hate SISU, admire Wasps. As has been pointed out, "two peas in a pod".
Not quite really imo. Wasps' owners knew when they had got the best deal they felt they could - & ended up with the stadium. Ours arrogantly tried for more conditions, & made the decision to sell to Wasps at least a tad easier.

Astute

Not to single you out as its certainly not only you but this is what I don't get from our fans. We've been out of the city once. Surely it's something that everyone wants to desperately avoid and we all know the only option is the Ricoh.

It should be clear to Wasps that the city won't accept them forcing the club out but you've got our fans already making excuses for them.

I couldn't care less about SISU, Fisher, Sepalla, the council, ACL, Wasps or anyone else. I care about Coventry City and the club having a long and successful future in Coventry. Why does that seem a difficult concept for many of our supporters?

Understanding why Wasps might not want us there with SISU taking them through the courts which will most probably cost them more than the rent they get from us is not making excuses on behalf of Wasps. It is being realistic.

This us the problem with trying to have a debate on the Ricoh subject. You have what has gone on against what is best for CCFC. We should all want what is best for CCFC. But Wasps are not to blame for all the shite that has gone on for a lot of years. But they certainly took advantage of the situation.

So the blame list. Higgs tried to help our club. But they could have done better. CCC tried to help our club. But they could have done better. Both had their hands forced because of financial matters. Then you have everyone from Richardson to the time of Wasps. They have all tried to or have taken advantage of CCFC financially.

Yes it is all about money.....or lack of it.

Astute

Can you imagine if the SISU were offered, publicly, the same deal as Wasps, and then refused to take it. The internet would melt and taking the club out of the town again would see an even worse result than Northampton.
The same deal that Fisher said they wouldn't have paid as much as Wasps?

Coventry City watch from gloom while Wasps make a buzz at Ricoh Arena

And here is a part of the article.

City’s chief executive, Tim Fisher, insists they do not regret failing to buy the Ricoh, saying they could not agree to taking it on, as Wasps have done, not only for £5.4m but with the council’s £14m loan on the stadium still to pay.

Astute

There are also matchday fees (rightly) to cover costs for putting on games. It isn't just a flat 100k
That is like saying renting a 4 bed house for £500 a month isn't reasonable because you have to pay gas, electric and council tax.

SkyblueBazza

No, it's like saying it doesn't cost just 500 a month to live there.
The ROI, cost of maitaining all has to be factored in too don't forget.

I'd hazzard the cost of mortgage & maitaining said exame property would be much more than £500/month

Nick

Administrator
The ROI, cost of maitaining all has to be factored in too don't forget.

I'd hazzard the cost of mortgage & maitaining said exame property would be much more than £500/month

Yeah so they put a service charge (matchday fees) to cover it.

shmmeee

What’s your issue exactly? Is it that a third party is making a profit from us?

Surely the cost is the cost and we have to deal with that as a business or look elsewhere.

If I was a Wasps fan I could understand having an opinion, but why would they care what CCFC fans think? Surely from CCFCs POV it’s take it or leave it, nothing else matters. It’s all just crying over spilt milk.

Nick

Administrator
What’s your issue exactly? Is it that a third party is making a profit from us?

Surely the cost is the cost and we have to deal with that as a business or look elsewhere.

If I was a Wasps fan I could understand having an opinion, but why would they care what CCFC fans think? Surely from CCFCs POV it’s take it or leave it, nothing else matters. It’s all just crying over spilt milk.
The issue is how people show up to push how generous wasps are and how its low rent and they are doing us a favour.

Of course they will make money from us and that's their right, just no need for people to try and make out they do it out of the kindness of their heart.

Pretty obvious what the point has been with that.

Captain Dart

All clubs pay money for such things, hiring ground staff, providing power and light and maintaining the pitch is not free.
If you can you provide comparative figures that show the charges CCFC pay are extortionate compared to other similar clubs then I'll be happy to agree you have a good point,

Nick

Administrator
Not surprised. How much will the leccy bill be during winter?
No idea, judging by past seasons it won't be on keeping the pitch nice.

If it's used for ccfc it will be passed onto ccfc as a matchday cost. So again, not just the 100k people want to make out for rent when people make out wasps are doing it as a favour.

Nick

Administrator
All clubs pay money for such things, hiring ground staff, providing power and light and maintaining the pitch is not free.
If you can you provide comparative figures that show the charges CCFC pay are extortionate compared to other similar clubs then I'll be happy to agree you have a good point,

Well done, you have completely missed the point I was making. No surprise there.

Point to where I've said extortionate?

CJ_covblaze

Not surprised. How much will the leccy bill be during winter?

At a small(ish) sized ground it cost £400 a game just for floodlights about 6 years ago. The Ricoh would be more than that even before you allow for inflation.

torchomatic

Not quite really imo. Wasps' owners knew when they had got the best deal they felt they could - & ended up with the stadium. Ours arrogantly tried for more conditions, & made the decision to sell to Wasps at least a tad easier.

Well done for perfectly illustrating my point. What is SISU "knew they had got the best deal they felt they could - & ended up with the stadium", which was say in Yorkshire or Cornwall? And, as has been said many many times, Wasps could have had a stadium in London and shared with Brentford OR had their own stadium with hotels, etc. They turned it down.

Users who are viewing this thread