Brand new scoreboard screen for the Ricoh (3 Viewers)

CCFC54321

Hold on a minute just so I get this crystal....Wasps have purchased a massive scoreboard for the arena that they can’t pay for? The same London rugby team that will potentially struggle next season and giving away free tickets like sweets and not making any money? The same rugby club that bond holders are selling shares at a loss? The same London rugby club that has been caught out with there finances recently and has grave concerns that it’ll continue as a going concern? The same London rugby club that hasn’t got a pot to piss on most probably won’t be here in the future? The same London rugby club that can’t afford a training ground, training in rented facilities, eating in a pub and now pissing off to borrow training facilities in leamington? The same London rugby club that players in a national press report recently stated that they (the players) had been miss lead to sign for them and hadn’t been paid there bonuses?

If so, I’m loving this as there priorities are all wrong and shows the mess there in? How the hell can a scoreboard in courage people to attend a rugby match? Haven’t they got better things to spend the couple of quid they have available on anything better? I can’t believe what I’m reading about this rugby club....

fernandopartridge

Hold on a minute just so I get this crystal....Wasps have purchased a massive scoreboard for the arena that they can’t pay for? The same London rugby team that will potentially struggle next season and giving away free tickets like sweets and not making any money? The same rugby club that bond holders are selling shares at a loss? The same London rugby club that has been caught out with there finances recently and has grave concerns that it’ll continue as a going concern? The same London rugby club that hasn’t got a pot to piss on most probably won’t be here in the future? The same London rugby club that can’t afford a training ground, training in rented facilities, eating in a pub and now pissing off to borrow training facilities in leamington? The same London rugby club that players in a national press report recently stated that they (the players) had been miss lead to sign for them and hadn’t been paid there bonuses?

If so, I’m loving this as there priorities are all wrong and shows the mess there in? How the hell can a scoreboard in courage people to attend a rugby match? Haven’t they got better things to spend the couple of quid they have available on anything better? I can’t believe what I’m reading about this rugby club....

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, it's their!

Ricketts

I would imagine something like this could be for by advertising/media companies, who are then selling the advertising.

A bit like the fucking annoying streetscene litter on traffic islands, that then say 'advertise your company here'

Magwitch

Might hasten their demise or make ccfc more attractive to buy.

Joy Division

Reading into the deal West Bromwich Albion have with the same company for the same screen it looks like it will be on a rental deal rather than Wasps purchasing the screen.

Captain Dart

I would imagine something like this could be for by advertising/media companies, who are then selling the advertising.

A bit like the fucking annoying streetscene litter on traffic islands, that then say 'advertise your company here'

So its probably been bought on the HP and financed from projected advertising revenue.
By the way the screen is only half the advertised size, 50% is dedicated to adverts you are not interested in.

Nick

Administrator
Was only asking to have a read about it. People should try it sometime , broaden horizons and all that.

I'm talking proper reading like Goosebumps as well.;)

Last edited:

MatthewWallis

It's also a pretty crap place to put it, the sun sets behind that stand and in the spring/summer is shining from above it. So now people will have to look at the screen and have the sun in their eyes most of the time too

pusbccfc

First sign of progress seen today. Huge space taken up, probably a couple hundred seats. Considering 2/3 rows will be netted over like the current scoreboard, you'll probably lose 600 seats in the away end.

Be interesting to see if they put seats back in at the back of the corner.

oucho

First sign of progress seen today. Huge space taken up, probably a couple hundred seats. Considering 2/3 rows will be netted over like the current scoreboard, you'll probably lose 600 seats in the away end.

I have a feeling that both Wasps and us will just about squeeze our 10k-15k matchday support into the remaining 31k seats....

CCFC54321

I guess we’ll correct it all when they go under in the next couple of years and the ground falls back in the hands of the city council.

skyblue025

Or they aren’t as skint as they are making out and their business plan is bang on???

stupot07

I wonder how long it will be until the away fans vandalise it. Seems a strange place to put it to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread