Refing (1 Viewer)

Greggs

You are a very silly, silly, silly billy.
Says the guy who ain't getting a season ticket because he doesn't like referees. Get a grip.

Greggs

I actually was thinking last night that is it worth renewing my season ticket last night for the first time. Reasons? I’m sick to my back teeth of gutless, spineless refereeing that I’ve witnessed this season. I’m bored of it and this needs to be addressed now. It’s killing the game and don’t get me started on the Luton’s, Preston’s, millwalls, hulls of this league. What they do is wrong and not in the spirit of the game and how it should be played as that’s for another day.

Unfortunately the good guys never win and that’s what’s irritating me more than ever. We try and play football as it’s meant to be played but I feel the cloggers of this league are rewarded by shit standard refereeing.

Last nights refereeing performance was a disgrace. I don’t pay good money to watch a referee.

I’ll renew my season ticket but shit teams and blatant cheating and refereeing standards are not making it a pleasure to watch football at times.
Just read it again and you still sound pathetic.

Tommo1993

Can you imagine the mess he’d have got into if we scored from that corner, that was a blatant goal kick, after he didn’t give an obvious penalty?

(Lol, City score from a corner?)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think people accept we were shit, it just doesn't help when the refs are too.

Same being said weekly on Match of the Day, standard of refereeing this season is shite.
It could be argued therefore it's the same for everyone.

Adge

I actually was thinking last night that is it worth renewing my season ticket last night for the first time. Reasons? I’m sick to my back teeth of gutless, spineless refereeing that I’ve witnessed this season. I’m bored of it and this needs to be addressed now. It’s killing the game and don’t get me started on the Luton’s, Preston’s, millwalls, hulls of this league. What they do is wrong and not in the spirit of the game and how it should be played as that’s for another day.

Unfortunately the good guys never win and that’s what’s irritating me more than ever. We try and play football as it’s meant to be played but I feel the cloggers of this league are rewarded by shit standard refereeing.

Last nights refereeing performance was a disgrace. I don’t pay good money to watch a referee.

I’ll renew my season ticket but shit teams and blatant cheating and refereeing standards are not making it a pleasure to watch football at times.
I’m sure Fulham, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Blackburn would maybe say the same. Oh, wait a minute……..

blunted

Haven't read the whole thread, so I hope I am not repeating other posters observations. Good refs get most of the difficult decisions right. Bad refs dodge the issues. No point getting the ordinary decisions right if they mess up the big calls. You see bad refs that are indecisive and wrong and very decisive and wrong. All refs make mistakes, they are only human, but good refs make more good calls than bad. Thought the ref against Hull got most of the non contentious decisions right, however three big calls wrong. He must not take all the blame, as the linesmen were poor missing something as basic as foul throws. When O'Hare was fouled twice and we were through on goal, he should have waived play on. The ball was over the line, he should have been up with play. There were a couple of penalty decisions to be made and he should see the endless shirt tugging and show a bit of courage. All matches are decided on small margins and we have lost every game he has been ref, I think. No coincidence, bad ref who has no bottle.

Johhny Blue

We tend to struggle when we get weak referees generally. Teams like Hull, who I thought played very well tonight, Luton, Preston and the likes lap it up when we get piss pots like we got tonight. They we’re time wasting after 6 minutes tonight and despite the ref making out he was stopping his watch, which he clearly wasn’t, he did nothing about it.
The other officials need to take some blame too. Theyre there to help him but really dont. I cant believe that none if them saw the penalty appeals.
The worst one for me was when he went to play advantage but pulled it back as we broke forward with a numerical advantage. It was just shite.
we were poor tonight but the officials were terrible and could have cost us.
I actually felt a little sorry for the ref when he missed the advantage. He had let one go seconds earlier for an advantage and O’Hare just about made it to his feet when he was chopped again. I’m sure the whistle was instinctive and he probably realized his mistake right away.

Tomh111

I mean, the referee standards are absolutely terrible.

However, it's easy to just say things like "i'm fed up of spineless referees" and "they should be held accountable".

There are two things that need to be fixed:

1) Referees get so much abuse right down to the grass roots level. Just look at some of the twitter accounts and amateur teams abusing refs verbally and physically even when they're really young. This happens at a professional level too. The FA need to launch a campaign and actively encourage referees at all levels to book players at any sign of descent. Book them again and send them off if they don't stop. It would be carnage for approximately two match days then they would all shut the fuck up and accept decisions.
This will in turn allow referees to be composed and make the big decisions instead of shitting themselves or looking for an easy way out/easy game. It'll then trickle down the lower leagues. I fucking hate rugby but here we could learn a thing or two.

2) Money. The money is dog shit really isn't it compared to what the players get. I never really understood this with the money that's in the game. Championship referees are probably paid around 60k a year which is obviously not to be sniffed at compared to the average person but its not a lot compared to all the players they have to put up shit from and the clubs etc. People keep moaning that they make decisions worth tens if not hundreds of millions of pounds. You couldn't get a Director for a company making decisions worth that money for less than 3 or 4 times that.

Until that happens we will see the same shit week in week out.

There needs to be a bold and complete overhaul by the FA, starting with the dissent and abuse that referees are willing to endure.

Nobody wants to see a game finish without 11 a side, but at every level of football they need to be booking players and sending then off for the shouting and surrounding the referee. As you said, it would be chaos for 3 weeks and then it would calm down and players would shut up.

I have been to a few Rugby Town games this year and the absolute dogs abuse the referee is getting is vile. It's no wonder that good quality referees aren't coming through, because honestly I wouldn't dream of standing in a field on Saturday and being called a c**t by a 23 year old part time footballer for £50.

At this point it becomes maths right, you lose potentially good candidates before they get going. So you're left drawing from a smaller pool.

Terry Gibson's perm

The problem is that the bad habits filter down and become the norm, I watch my little boy at training and even at seven they are diving and feigning injury like their hero’s do on the tv.

Old Warwickshire lad

Should take a leaf out of rugby laws.
Touch ref or touch judge you walk, swear at them you walk.
Yes I know Neil Back got away with one many years ago ( said he stumbled).
Most players thought he should have had a year’s ban, but RFU bottled it.

torchomatic

I would love to hear our whole crowd count the seconds once the goalie has it - might alert some to the rule again

I'll whisper this, but that used to happen at Sixfields. There were a group of fans who went behind the goal who used to do that.

Mcbean

I do remember counting the refs steps for a free kick that obviously pisses them off so we should be doing that as well

shmmeee

First summer signing should be this guy from the sounds of it

giphy.gif

Adge

I actually felt a little sorry for the ref when he missed the advantage. He had let one go seconds earlier for an advantage and O’Hare just about made it to his feet when he was chopped again. I’m sure the whistle was instinctive and he probably realized his mistake right away.
That’s a horrible one when it happens and it’s a damned if you do and damned if you don’t scenario that happens to officials, including myself every now and again.
You let one go and play the advantage and the next foul comes in, wait again, with no advantage and then you blow the whistle. Sod’s law that when you have blown the ball then goes to an attacking player! 😩

Johhny Blue

That’s a horrible one when it happens and it’s a damned if you do and damned if you don’t scenario that happens to officials, including myself every now and again.
You let one go and play the advantage and the next foul comes in, wait again, with no advantage and then you blow the whistle. Sod’s law that when you have blown the ball then goes to an attacking player! 😩
I’ve been there as a player and a ref

stay_up_skyblues

On a similar note, isn't Hamer now a card away from being banned for cautions? 14 I think he's on now. Making Doyle look like a saint.

Yes and I’m sure Clive said there’s no further cut off this season?! Not sure if it would be a two or three game ban. One aspect of his game he needs to sort out if he’s gonna fulfil the potential in his own head.

lifeskyblue

Can’t be too critical of ref today. He should have booked player for simulation first half and Dabo could have received second yellow for high foot.
Otherwise I think he got the decisions pretty much right. The penalty was harsh…v v soft but both O’Hare and Sheaf touched their player. It gave the ref a decision to make and although I wasn’t happy I can see why it given. I don’t want VAR at any level but even if we had it today I believe the decision would still have stood…it wasn’t a clear and obvious error.
Compared to many refs we have witnessed this season I thought this one was decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Gyokeres takes his chances and you wouldn't be chirping would you? Refs fault he missed them i guess?

As I said Wednesday, comparable.

If the ref hadn't given the penalty that wasn't a penalty it wouldn't have been a goal.

Both mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread