Refing (2 Viewers)

Tomh111

I think the time wasting could be solved relatively easily. I put a post up the other day… if you don’t have treatment on the sidelines it’s a minimum period before you can come back on. Say 3/4 even 5 minutes. Soon stop them going down if their team has to play with ten men for a proper period instead of being waved back on instantly.

I think there's a much easier solution, just stop the clock and do away with injury time.

Whenever there is a major stoppage, injury, penalty, attacking free kick etc just have the referee stop the clock.

Then book people properly for time wasting, yes it's a soft yellow card but it's ruining games.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So under the banner of player welfare you know when someone is injured or not.? All your rule does is encourage physios onto the pitch and increase delays.
I think they meant more that if a player is genuinely injured, that five minutes will actually be spent treating an injury and assessing their ability to continue. If it's fake then it's just a player standing on the touchline unable to contribute for five minutes.

Think stopped clock is a far better solution though.

SBAndy

Bottled the penalty? That was a big call that he got right.

What are you basing this on? I’ve only just seen a replay of it and I’m convinced the defender’s knee hits Godden’s foot which in turn trips him up.

Irish Sky Blue

Bottled the penalty? That was a big call that he got right.
Don’t think he did. It may not have been a pen but the defender tapped Godden’s ankles when he’s clean through on goal. Accidentally or not, he brought him down when clear on goal. Free kick and red card I think.

Tommo1993

Funny because it’s Sheffield United. Not funny because it’s more horrific officiating. Mental how that isn’t a penalty.

Warwickhunt

Just expand the rule Godden got done on to all conning of the ref and have retrospective bans handed out.

Blackburn wouldn’t be able to field a team for the rest of the season though.
It was a result of Fulham making an official complaint about the penalty and Godden that they did the retrospective punishment!

shmmeee

It was a result of Fulham making an official complaint about the penalty and Godden that they did the retrospective punishment!

Yeah but the rule is you have to have got a pen or a goal out of it. If the rule was wider more teams would complain and so more would get done.

Adge

What are you basing this on? I’ve only just seen a replay of it and I’m convinced the defender’s knee hits Godden’s foot which in turn trips him up.
Na, trips over his own feet.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Na, trips over his own feet.
I think he may have slightly altered his stride either because he expected or wanted to initiate contact, depending on your point of view, which caused him to clip his own heel.

Mcbean

I think it’s definitely a pen Godden more than anyone knew about going down - ref bottled it - we should have been one up - end of !

shmmeee

I think he may have slightly altered his stride either because he expected or wanted to initiate contact, depending on your point of view, which caused him to clip his own heel.

I still fail to believe a pro athlete trips themselves up by accident like that. How often have you see it in other scenarios?

Nick

Administrator
Lets not forget the Luton away pen which was miles outside the box, right in front of the lino.

SBAndy

I still fail to believe a pro athlete trips themselves up by accident like that. How often have you see it in other scenarios?

Yep, also not buying that explanation. I don’t think basic motor skills would allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread