Refing (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

WTF has happened overe the past few years they have got worst, honestly seen better sunday league refs

pusbccfc

Would love it if Robins one day came out and spoke about it.

Why are referees allowing the tactics by Hull and others similar?

He told them off about 15 minutes in to the game for time wasting and then continued to let it happen.

skybluepm2

We were very poor tonight, but yet again shitty teams like Hull come to disrupt and get away with it from minute one. Gutless officials allow it to continue without sanctions. Their keeper was an absolute disgrace. He must have amassed 10 minutes over the course of the game. The feigning of injury summed him up.

rexo87

He told them off about 15 minutes in to the game for time wasting and then continued to let it happen.
This is what frustrates me. He could book them after 15 mins to stop the timewasting straight away but doesn't and they get away with it for the whole game

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

This is what frustrates me. He could book them after 15 mins to stop the timewasting straight away but doesn't and they get away with it for the whole game

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Happened far too often.

I'd be surprised if the ball was in play for more than 20 minutes in that first half.

jim20

The problem for me is down to how much money poor reffing could cost a club, not just us but most teams. If we end up a couple of points outside the playoffs, we could easily point to several occasions this season refs have got it completely wrong and cost us points. That could be worth £150million because of incompetent officials.
I get they can’t be right all the time, but with so much money now involved the margin of error needs to be smaller and there needs to be accountability

Greggs

Generally no, but then when decisions go our way then no one will moan?

How many games have we won this season where the side has deployed the Luton/Hull tactics?
Luton and hull both defended and attacked better than us, took their chances and gave nothing away. It's a bit like blaming the pitch.

pusbccfc

Luton and hull both defended and attacked better than us, took their chances and gave nothing away. It's a bit like blaming the pitch.

Again, you can criticise the pitch. Is it the only reason? No. Can it stop free-flowing football that was successful earlier in the season? Yes.

Hull were good today, but their tactics helped.

If I were a manager in this division, I'd sit back against us because it works. Attacking us does not.

Greggs

Again, you can criticise the pitch. Is it the only reason? No. Can it stop free-flowing football that was successful earlier in the season? Yes.

Hull were good today, but their tactics helped.

If I were a manager in this division, I'd sit back against us because it works. Attacking us does not.
Rather than concentrating on external variables, we should be focusing on our own downfalls and not taking the easy option of blaming the ref or the pitch.

pusbccfc

Rather than concentrating on external variables, we should be focusing on our own downfalls and not taking the easy option of blaming the ref or the pitch.

All factors.

Missing a chance is very little difference to not been given a penalty.

OldBedrocker

Bollocks. Both sides started time wasting in the first half. Doesn’t deflect from the fact we played shit but it’s getting worse week in week out

pusbccfc

Being giving a penalty is opinion based, missing a chance isn't.

Comparable. Can be mistakes either way. Missing a chance is a mistake, as is missing a clear and obvious penalty.

Equally giving Godden a penalty for a dive is a mistake. Difference is, that's the only one that's gone our way.

Greggs

Bollocks. Both sides started time wasting in the first half. Doesn’t deflect from the fact we played shit but it’s getting worse week in week out
Its bollocks that luton and hull took their chances, defended better and managed the game better than us? Really?

Irish Sky Blue

They could waste as much time as they want so long as the time is added on at the end. The fact that referees don’t do this is a reward for the cheating that goes on. The little guy doing the Mickey take jog to the corner, the three Hull players who didn’t move for the ball when Mattson gave the ball back at the throw in, the countless times they kicked the ball away, the age that the keeper took to take each goal kick, his falling over and lying on the ground when he caught the ball, the swapping of players taking free kicks or throw ins, all rewarded by only adding on four minutes at the end. Timekeeping is an issue that needs to be addressed as cheating teams benefit from the current system. The ref himself seemed to take an age to signal for a free kick to be taken, I also bet he didn’t add on the time for his prolonged conversation with the keeper after he was injured ( but no treatment required). Frustrating but easily solved if the clock is stopped when the ball is out of play.

stevefloyd

And smiled and shared jokes with them too

Terry Gibson's perm

The timing of the game needs to be removed from the on field ref, they have enough things they are getting wrong without adding that to the list. It is predictable unless an injury occurred in the first half never more than two minutes, at the end of the game the favourite is always four minutes. I called both in the ground tonight but if we had forty added in the second half we would have lost.

I would like to see us putting more pressure on the refs when the goalie holds the ball for ages flash it up on the scoreboard to see how long it takes the refs can’t keep ignoring it and if the league stop it they know they have a problem.

Adge

I think people accept we were shit, it just doesn't help when the refs are too.

Same being said weekly on Match of the Day, standard of refereeing this season is shite.
And they’re not really the best people to be listening too!

shmmeee

The timing of the game needs to be removed from the on field ref, they have enough things they are getting wrong without adding that to the list. It is predictable unless an injury occurred in the first half never more than two minutes, at the end of the game the favourite is always four minutes. I called both in the ground tonight but if we had forty added in the second half we would have lost.

I would like to see us putting more pressure on the refs when the goalie holds the ball for ages flash it up on the scoreboard to see how long it takes the refs can’t keep ignoring it and if the league stop it they know they have a problem.

Isnt it the fourth official that does timing?

I might be imagining it but didn’t Waghorn start counting to six when the keeper has the ball once? We should do more of that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Isnt it the fourth official that does timing?

I might be imagining it but didn’t Waghorn start counting to six when the keeper has the ball once? We should do more of that.

Is the six second thing a rule I am really not sure, if it is the fans should chant as soon as the keeper has the ball and as I said the ref can’t keep ignoring it.

pusbccfc

That penalty shout in Taveras is truly pathetic. How can a referee and a linesperson not see that?

Terry Gibson's perm

Yep, fromhttps://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

View attachment 24180

I was just looking at ask the ref to see and yes it exists as it shows here but again is in the hands of the incompetent fools that carry the whistles in this league.

Users who are viewing this thread