Referee (4 Viewers)

David O'Day

Robins said would be a soft penalty
And? If he has seen a replay he isn't going to start bollocking the ref in a post match interview.

It was on TV fella people have watched it back and seen it was clear pen.

It seems the people on sky said it was a clear pen as well.

SBT

Always makes me laugh when fans are all “We probably would have won today if we just made a massive, likely irreversible change to the fabric of the game, which would inevitably go on to ruin my day on countless more occasions in the future”. Just a crazy lack of perspective.

Grendel

So they always get treated fairly?

You must be as blind as the ref today.

What games would VAR have changed regarding them?

richnrg

Nothing wrong with the technology. It's that the people behind it are making the wrong decisions.
The fact that we have the technology is crap. Not sure if you've been to a Premier League game since VAR, but trust me - when your team 'scores', the joy lasts for about 1/2 second. Your thoughts are then 'I think we might have scored - I hope so', and remain at that until the VAR check is over. If the goal is finally given its more of a relief than a feeling of joy.
In the championship, when the ball hits the net, you have a brief glimpse at the ref and lino before going apeshít. It's so much better.

pusbccfc

blunted

The ref at Swansea was beyond really poor. I like character refs like Stroud who let the game flow. You see good games when he is in the middle, although the results can sometimes be annoying for the fans. You win some, you lose some. Unfortunately, he got some important decisions wrong today. At the time, I thought foul on Vik was not a pen, but it was cast iron when seen played back. The Cuffey one was a no contest pen and a really bad decision, although the linesman was poor on both occasions. When the ball hit the defenders hand in the area was not a pen again confirmed on replay.

Grendel

Brylowes

The trip/tangle of legs ‘whatever way you see it’ was blatant and right under the refs nose 🤔 it really baffles me because it’s such an easy penalty to give, he’s never gonna be chastised for giving it.
Why did he not give it.
And then he had the perfect opportunity to make good on his obvious mistake and….,,bottled it again 🤨

Terry Gibson's perm

The ref at Swansea was beyond really poor. I like character refs like Stroud who let the game flow. You see good games when he is in the middle, although the results can sometimes be annoying for the fans. You win some, you lose some. Unfortunately, he got some important decisions wrong today. At the time, I thought foul on Vik was not a pen, but it was cast iron when seen played back. The Cuffey one was a no contest pen and a really bad decision, although the linesman was poor on both occasions. When the ball hit the defenders hand in the area was not a pen again confirmed on replay.

I would say Stroud slows the game down everything he does takes ages, he gets his little shaving foam can out to mark everything but they had a free kick he made the mark nearer than ten yards he only has little legs.

The injury on the first half took forever as their guy wasn’t dressed and so their bloke wandered across the pitch while he did get ready.

Their left back virtually every thrown was a foul throw.

The bit he did get right was when BNC ran past their man and he lay down holding his face to try to get the game stopped and then their idiot 21 was saying elbow ffs.

I haven’t seen the penalty since the game

Ashdown

Absolutely atrocious officials…..I’ve only actually seen worse in Spain where they are laughably biased to the ‘big’ clubs.
Get VAR in and use it properly !

Otis

You’re missing my point - fans getting (rightfully) upset about bad decisions in this game or that game are sleepwalking us into changes like VAR which will ruin the game for generations.
Nothing wrong with a bit of exaggeration, eh.

Generations. 😂

Greggs

You’re missing my point - fans getting (rightfully) upset about bad decisions in this game or that game are sleepwalking us into changes like VAR which will ruin the game for generations.
It works in Rugby and Cricket. The game is already ruined mate, humans wont be playing it in 3 generations time, it'll be robots vs drones.

Otis

Well my worry is that VAR is here to stay - very hard to put this stuff back in the box once it’s out. If that’s the case then it’s no exaggeration to say it will change the game forever, and in my opinion make it much much worse. It doesn’t have any benefit at all as far as I can tell.
I think it will be fine. It's still in its infancy. Once they get it right it will work very well I feel.

They are just totally misusing the technology at present and that's where the problem lies.

They are trying to solve everything at the moment with it and it's become ridiculous.

Just stick to clear and obvious errors and it will be fine. That's what I reckon anyway.

Astute

You said o hare and Gyokeres?
So O'Hare and Gyokeres don't get fouled in the area with nothing given?

These comments by you are as bad as your 2 year calling for a taxi for Robins. Just shows how clueless you are.

Boosh

These comments by you are as bad as your 2 year calling for a taxi for Robins. Just shows how clueless you are.

For our £50 bet, can I pick a go fund me page or does it have to be a registered charity?

Greggs

they'd both get booked more for diving

Grendel

ive asked you for examples. None are forthcoming which shows as usual you shoot from the hip

What would VAR have done say at Rotherham?

Astute

ive asked you for examples. None are forthcoming which shows as usual you shoot from the hip

What would VAR have done say at Rotherham?
O'Hare has hardly played since last season yet tou want me to state examples from last season?

Were you the ref today?

Grendel

O'Hare has hardly played since last season yet tou want me to state examples from last season?

Were you the ref today?

You mentioned o hare you clueless simpleton

Astute

It was a go fund me page for my friend who took his own life last week. Nevermind
So you take the piss out of people having a bad time at this moment yet come out with a line like this?

Users who are viewing this thread