Referee (3 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

from behind the goal, the first contact is into his ribs, his hand is up higher than that out of the way, second contact is thigh/knee and into the net.
I saw it as hip, up onto his hand, drops down and he pokes it into the net, but I couldn't say that as a definite.

pusbccfc

shmmeee

Now every game is streamed live, there’s really no excuse not for VAR as such but the ability for a ref to look again at something or say he didn’t get a good look and watch an iPad for ten seconds to make his mind up. You could have someone with it queued up thirty seconds or so behind play quite easily.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

This may sound strange but sometimes as a referee/official you can actually be too close to an incident and view it incorrectly. It happened to me at the weekend on the line where 2 players contested a 50/50 ball 2-3 yards in front of me which went out for a throw. I gave an attacking throw as it looked to me the defender got a decent foot in. He complained that it came off the attacker but this always happens anyway regarding appeals for decisions.
I was informed in the changing room that I had got it wrong viewed by an official who was some 20 yards away. Incompetence? Not really-just giving what you’ve seen at the time.
First of all hats off to people like yourself who are prepared to do the job.The point about being to close is one i've seen many time with offsides where a player is right by the linesman playing the opponent onside.Going back to the Travis incident the other night seen a still of it the ref. was at a perfect distance and at the right angle(not hidden by any player) yet still got it wrong and instead of admiting it he went to the linesman.I may be wrong but I get to matches early and while looking around at teams warming up I watch the officials doing the same some (not all) I think give the "look at me" impressioneven in warming up and in the game 9 times out of 10 that is the way they ref.Too me a good ref. is 1 you dont notice.

Mcbean

Other shithousery from Wednesday players going to the ref for even the smallest decision against them delaying the kick , standing over the ball until the last possible moment , drinks parties , players even the goalie travelling over the halfway line to congratulate on a goal - kicking the ball away every time - waiting for play to start before going down , player picks ball up for a throw then throws it forward to the thrower - refs miss that a number of times 😡

needs some serious carding and better rules - this didn’t happen 20 years ago - the ball is in play for so much less - granted we got an equaliser but I would have preferred 3 points

thekidfromstrettoncamp

See it's alright to manhandle the ref. Mitrovic has had his 8 match ban by the FA dissmissed by Indepenent Appeal Board so open season on refs by the looks of things.

Adge

First of all hats off to people like yourself who are prepared to do the job.The point about being to close is one i've seen many time with offsides where a player is right by the linesman playing the opponent onside.Going back to the Travis incident the other night seen a still of it the ref. was at a perfect distance and at the right angle(not hidden by any player) yet still got it wrong and instead of admiting it he went to the linesman.I may be wrong but I get to matches early and while looking around at teams warming up I watch the officials doing the same some (not all) I think give the "look at me" impressioneven in warming up and in the game 9 times out of 10 that is the way they ref.Too me a good ref. is 1 you dont notice.
That is a very common misconception “a good Referee is one you don’t notice”
This means the game he’s involved in has been easy to manage with very little or no major incidents to deal with.
A good Referee will always most certainly be noticed in a game in which lots of major decisions need to be made and in how he deals with said incidents. This is the criteria which will separate the wheat from the chaff when climbing the Refereeing pyramid.

Sky Blue Pete

This means the game he’s involved in has been easy to manage with very little or no major incidents to deal with.
A good Referee will always most certainly be noticed in a game in which lots of major decisions need to be made and in how he deals with said incidents. This is the criteria which will separate the wheat from the chaff when climbing the Refereeing pyramid.
Yep absolutely. Sam got his first cup final in a couple of weeks bless him

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Sometimes I get angry at refs, but it's more at the rules they're having to enforce that I think are stupid. Unfortunately they're the ones in the firing line and so bear the brunt of my exasperation in the heat of the moment.

*That's not to say they can't make terrible decisions as well.

Johhny Blue

Sometimes I get angry at refs, but it's more at the rules they're having to enforce that I think are stupid. Unfortunately they're the ones in the firing line and so bear the brunt of my exasperation in the heat of the moment.

*That's not to say they can't make terrible decisions as well.
Sometimes I get angry at the rules they have to enforce but it’s more the stupid blind bastards with the whistle
(Apologies though to the Stoke ref)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

A good referee is a referee who gives a foul when a player is fouled. 🥴

Nick

Administrator
It was a clear handball though, saw it from the other end of the ground.

Wasn't sure on Vik' offside but haven't seen it back, apparently he was off.

There was a period where he was giving them freekicks every time they went down.

Frostie

Didn't see the angle from behind the goal last night. Apologies, great spot from the ref

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
The offending player's reaction gives a lot away as well, absolutely no complaints at all, knew he was bang to rights.

Users who are viewing this thread