Referee (3 Viewers)

ProfessorbyGrace

Yeah he made a bad mistake there
It’s the same kind of situation that occurred a few years ago, albeit with a lot less contact and malice, when De Yong went through Xabi Alonso and basically high-footed him in the chest.

When a player is leading with his foot in an aerial contest, the intent is clear. 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully the ref and Lino have this indecision reviewed, can’t believe they still got it wrong after a chance to correct it.

Nick

Administrator
It’s the same kind of situation that occurred a few years ago, albeit with a lot less contact and malice, when De Yong went through Xabi Alonso and basically high-footed him in the chest.

When a player is leading with his foot in an aerial contest, the intent is clear. 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully the ref and Lino have this indecision reviewed, can’t believe they still got it wrong after a chance to correct it.

If he wasn't booked, it can be reviewed can't it?

Calista

Do people expect refs to see everything from every angle, with the benefit of replays and stills?

He has a perfect view there, so maybe from his angle what he sees is the Blackburn player’s foot going between Panzo and the ball, and as Panzo arrives a split second later they smash into each other? That’s pretty much how I saw it in real time tbf.

Frostie

Do people expect refs to see everything from every angle, with the benefit of replays and stills?

He has a perfect view there, so maybe from his angle what he sees is the Blackburn player’s foot going between Panzo and the ball, and as Panzo arrives a split second later they smash into each other? That’s pretty much how I saw it in real time tbf.
Yeah, exactly this. It's why the lino was able to overrule him as you need the side on view to see what actually happened. The bit I don't get is having informed the ref of what he'd seen why is the ref not then interpreting that as deserving of a 2nd yellow?

Mcbean

They can
Yeah but he wasn't booked for it, so it can be reviewed after?
They can review as the ref issued no punishment - he didn’t see it but you know it’s only stuff like Goddens that gets second treatment

Sky Blue Pete

I still dont get how he got the Panzo foul wrong. Spend ages taking to the Lino and then dint book their palyer for a dangerous high boot.

A few times in the game Travis after blackburn got a decision would pat the ref on the shoulder odd
Didn’t mind that

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Possibly the worst yet.

He'll be embarrassed watching the game back tomorrow. Completely mindless.

Just when you think they can't any worse, they do.

Frostie

The notion refs are biased is nonsense. Blackburn forum is the mirror image of ours as is pretty much most after games
Indeed. The way they're making out over there that he's missed the most blatant handball ever is clutching at straws.

We've all seen it now from about 4 different angles in full speed, slow mo, freeze frame & still images and yet it's still inconclusive. A ref has one view, in real time through a mass of bodies - almost impossible to call.

robbiethemole

from behind the goal, the first contact is into his ribs, his hand is up higher than that out of the way, second contact is thigh/knee and into the net.

pusbccfc

from behind the goal, the first contact is into his ribs, his hand is up higher than that out of the way, second contact is thigh/knee and into the net.

It is 1000% his chest

robbiethemole

A referee for over 26 years, Jeremy Simpson started through the North Lancashire and West Lancashire Football Leagues and the Contributory League Referees, before gaining promotion to the Professional Game Match Officials List during the 2005/06 season as an assistant referee.
No wonder the twat favoured the home side with dodgy decisions (just saying)

Brighton Sky Blue

A referee for over 26 years, Jeremy Simpson started through the North Lancashire and West Lancashire Football Leagues and the Contributory League Referees, before gaining promotion to the Professional Game Match Officials List during the 2005/06 season as an assistant referee.
No wonder the twat favoured the home side with dodgy decisions (just saying)

Still didn’t disallow the goal even with most of Shithouse Rovers demanding it

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I think it's time to take the stoppage time part of the game out of the hands of referees.They have far to many things to deal with.Our goal last night how the hell could the ref. see every thing going on in the box when Hamer took that corner.The refereeing I find strange is open play they have a clear view and give the wrong side the free kick or throw in .

Frostie

I think it's time to take the stoppage time part of the game out of the hands of referees.They have far to many things to deal with.Our goal last night how the hell could the ref. see every thing going on in the box when Hamer took that corner.The refereeing I find strange is open play they have a clear view and give the wrong side the free kick or throw in .
Agree with most of that. The only thing I'd say is the clear view thing, the angle they have is completely different to the rest of us watching from the stands/on TV etc.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Agree with most of that. The only thing I'd say is the clear view thing, the angle they have is completely different to the rest of us watching from the stands/on TV etc.
When you see a clear deviation of a ball and you are looking directly over the shoulder of the ref . baring in mind he is much closer to the play than you and he gives the throw or goal kick/corner the wrong way you question him.The "Travis" incident last night he clearly didn't see it properly so why did he not consult the lineman straight away only our players made sure he seen him we would have been facing a dangerous free kick.

skybluepm2

Infuriating last night. Fell for every trick in the book. Time wasting was on another level, and I don’t recall ever seeing so many players go to ground, feigning injuries in a single game. Got exactly what they deserved, the cheating fucks.

TomRad85

Can never be arsed to spend too much time complaining about refs but the Travis 'challenge' was absolutely embarrassing. Should be demoted for that alone.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

There was about 6 minutes to add alone between the 80th and the 90th minute
Spot on, it was becoming a joke. Everytime the ball went out of play, it would take 2 minutes for play to restart.

Blackburn players going down pretending they’re injured, substitutions changing, the ball boys becoming incapable of moving to fetch the ball or players moaning about vapes/lighters been thrown their way. The referee did nothing to clamp down on the time wasting and I for one am glad Wilson did ‘slap’ the ball into the net!

Adge

When you see a clear deviation of a ball and you are looking directly over the shoulder of the ref . baring in mind he is much closer to the play than you and he gives the throw or goal kick/corner the wrong way you question him.The "Travis" incident last night he clearly didn't see it properly so why did he not consult the lineman straight away only our players made sure he seen him we would have been facing a dangerous free kick.
This may sound strange but sometimes as a referee/official you can actually be too close to an incident and view it incorrectly. It happened to me at the weekend on the line where 2 players contested a 50/50 ball 2-3 yards in front of me which went out for a throw. I gave an attacking throw as it looked to me the defender got a decent foot in. He complained that it came off the attacker but this always happens anyway regarding appeals for decisions.
I was informed in the changing room that I had got it wrong viewed by an official who was some 20 yards away. Incompetence? Not really-just giving what you’ve seen at the time.

Brighton Sky Blue

This may sound strange but sometimes as a referee/official you can actually be too close to an incident and view it incorrectly. It happened to me at the weekend on the line where 2 players contested a 50/50 ball 2-3 yards in front of me which went out for a throw. I gave an attacking throw as it looked to me the defender got a decent foot in. He complained that it came off the attacker but this always happens anyway regarding appeals for decisions.
I was informed in the changing room that I had got it wrong viewed by an official who was some 20 yards away. Incompetence? Not really-just giving what you’ve seen at the time.
How much added on time would you have given yesterday?

Users who are viewing this thread