Reda in with the Wednesday fans (3 Viewers)

skybluegod

Since when was it 'moronic' to offer a different opinion?

Reda, as I recall, was signed and is often touted as a kind of talismanic leader. He's had quite a lot of money out of the club for very little in my eyes, and I would like to have seen those leadership qualities put to some sort of use (beyond the odd appearance at a school).

I can't see that any of the players that you mention have either been injured for as long as Reda or have those qualities, so you're comparing apples and oranges there. I can't speak for anyone else, but I can understand why it might piss people off that one of the club's supposedly senior pros isn't around to support the squad on matchdays, but can find the time to support a former team.

It's not an obligation on him, and it could well be that TM doesn't even want him around, but there's nothing inherently stupid in expressing in expressing that opinion.

There is a problem with Morons going on twitter, and insulting him though? It's alright having an opinion, but no need to slate him on Twitter with personal insults?
It's also moronic for some people to suggest he isn't fulfilling not is contractual like duties by spending his free time how he pleases?
people can say it's disappointing he wasn't there, that isn't mornic. What is is when they say we pay him to work, but him supporting the lads isn't his job.

SkyblueBazza

Did anyone see Reda on the terraces with the Sheffield Wednesday fans on sky sports.
I would of thought he would of been better off supporting his team mates at Donny instead of paying the celeb at his former club. Fair enough if we didn't have game on but as we did it's a bit disrespectful to his current team mates. Chances are he won't play for us again, he could at least play the game until we stop paying his wages.
What is wrong with it if he has a soft spot for Sheffield Wednesday? And it is a higher standard of football so what the heck?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

skyblue025

My gripe was if we are still paying his wages the least he could do was support his team mates. If he went to both games fair enough. Sky didn't show him at our game, just the Wednesday game.

rupert_bear

In our cup final year I sat next to Alan Brazil at Stoke City he had left us for QPR in the previous summer, when Micky Gynn scored he was on his feet jumping about with the rest of us. Sheffield Wednesday Is one of Johnson's ex clubs he has a soft spot for nothing wrong in what he did ffs!

CJ_covblaze

In our cup final year I sat next to Alan Brazil at Stoke City he had left us for QPR in the previous summer, when Micky Gynn scored he was on his feet jumping about with the rest of us. Sheffield Wednesday Is one of Johnson's ex clubs he has a soft spot for nothing wrong in what he did ffs!

Couldn't agree more. Love his passion and as others have said he could've been up in hospitality somewhere. He wasn't he was with the fans, spent time with them and no doubt sent some kids home with a massive smile on their faces as he made their day. Also what exactly could he do from the stands that would've given us a win?

Sterling Archer

If anyone is genuinely offended by Reda Johnson going and watching Sheffield Wednesday, they need sterilising. Don't need that gene pool in future generations of our fans, we already have our fair share of reactionary, faux outrage morons as it is.

Such a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moff

I dont think Bournemouth fans would have complained as much if Callum Wilson came to see us when injured. Neither would we.

skybluegod

My gripe was if we are still paying his wages the least he could do was support his team mates. If he went to both games fair enough. Sky didn't show him at our game, just the Wednesday game.

Yet again surely you have to ask where the other 8/9 players that weren't in the squad were, if you are saying Reda should be there?

skybluebeduff

Was he actually at Doncatser after the Sheff Weds game? If not then the fans have every right to be a bit pissed off with him. He should be giving support to his own team mates.

Ashdown

He/his agent took the club for a ride by persuading them he was going to buck his trend of about 20 games a season for the last 8 years. Made a positive difference when playing but couldn't play anywhere now other than on a pay as you play surely ?

chiefdave

Can we cancel Lawton and Stokes contracts? Look at this disgraceful behaviour. They had a BBQ earlier in the day as well.

12912740_224841197871844_267144697_n.jpg

duffer

Can we cancel Lawton and Stokes contracts? Look at this disgraceful behaviour. They had a BBQ earlier in the day as well.

View attachment 5136

What has that to do with it? How many games have they missed through injury/illness/taking three days to get back from international games over the last two seasons?

Reda, supposedly a talisman and leader, but not actually offering a great deal to the club other than on his handful of appearances.

These two lads, probably paid close to bugger all, not first team regulars, and probably not even picked for the squad if fit. I'm sorry, but it's taken you a bit of effort there to lumber up with a unusually poor argument.

I'm not saying that Reda should be hung, drawn and quartered, but I am saying that I can understand why it pisses people off. I wouldn't hammer the bloke on social media, but I will be glad to have him off the wage bill next year. You may disagree, which is fine - but the stuff about Lawton and Stokes does nothing to support your point.

duffer

If anyone is genuinely offended by Reda Johnson going and watching Sheffield Wednesday, they need sterilising. Don't need that gene pool in future generations of our fans, we already have our fair share of reactionary, faux outrage morons as it is.

Such a non issue.

People need sterilising for feeling something different to you? And then in the same breath you talk about morons suffering from reactionary, false outrage? Priceless.

Bertola

These two lads, probably paid close to bugger all, not first team regulars, and probably not even picked for the squad if fit. I'm sorry, but it's taken you a bit of effort there to lumber up with a unusually poor argument.

I'm not saying that Reda should be hung, drawn and quartered, but I am saying that I can understand why it pisses people off. I wouldn't hammer the bloke on social media, but I will be glad to have him off the wage bill next year. You may disagree, which is fine - but the stuff about Lawton and Stokes does nothing to support your point.

I must have missed those games where Stokes wasn't picked when fit

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

Your argument falls flat the minute you state Stokes isn't a 1st team regular.

Sterling Archer

People need sterilising for feeling something different to you? And then in the same breath you talk about morons suffering from reactionary, false outrage? Priceless.

I was quite clearly using the over reaction myself in an ironic way. I do not believe people should literally be sterilised. Can't believe that wasn't obvious.

The internet generation love to be offended by any and everything.

I'd actually shocked that some have taken offence at Johnson over this.

skyblue025

Yet again surely you have to ask where the other 8/9 players that weren't in the squad were, if you are saying Reda should be there?

Again if he went to both fair play. I don't know if he did as Sky only showed him at Wednesday. Do you know those other players weren't there?

Last edited:

Grendel

Mowbray summed it up well, he basically said it's not a massive issue he's just a bit of an idiot.

Who Mowbray? He was certainly an idiot for offering him a contract.

chiefdave

Mowbray summed it up well, he basically said it's not a massive issue he's just a bit of an idiot.

Mowbray had better speak to the Former Players Association & CWR as well as they have had former players who now play for other teams as their guest this season.

If they want to restrict what players do in their free time they should really have a policy on it, stupid to rely on someone to not do something they haven't been told they can't do. Not like he was out pissed or got in a punch up.

It’s a delicate situation for us because we threatened to do so well this season and we have fallen away and disappointed our support base.

Odd thing to say. Surely its allowed or its not.

I wasn’t there so I couldn’t feel the emotion of that moment. All their fans might have recognised him and started singing his name. But if it was a self indulgent thing you wonder what he’s doing.

According to twitter he was there with a Wednesday supporting mate who was celebrating his birthday. The crowd recognised him and started singing his name and he responded. Saw Wednesday supporters tweeting that he was happy to take photos and after he was recognised made sure to go down to the disabled supporters section to have a chat with them.

Not sure its a great idea for the manager to be making comments like that before he's bothered to speak to the player.

oscillatewildly

Let's shift the attention - instead of berating Reda for not turning up at Doncaster let's turn on the 11 (maybe a couple of exceptions) clowns named in the starting line up who also failed to show a presence last Saturday.

chiefdave

Let's shift the attention - instead of berating Reda for not turning up at Doncaster let's turn on the 11 (maybe a couple of exceptions) clowns named in the starting line up who also failed to show a presence last Saturday.

Don't be silly. Its obvious that if Reda was in the stands the team would have played much better and we'd have won easily.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mowbray had better speak to the Former Players Association & CWR as well as they have had former players who now play for other teams as their guest this season.

If they want to restrict what players do in their free time they should really have a policy on it, stupid to rely on someone to not do something they haven't been told they can't do. Not like he was out pissed or got in a punch up.

Odd thing to say. Surely its allowed or its not.

According to twitter he was there with a Wednesday supporting mate who was celebrating his birthday. The crowd recognised him and started singing his name and he responded. Saw Wednesday supporters tweeting that he was happy to take photos and after he was recognised made sure to go down to the disabled supporters section to have a chat with them.

Not sure its a great idea for the manager to be making comments like that before he's bothered to speak to the player.
I don't think Mowbray really cares he went to the match, he just thinks he's a bit of an idiot for making a scene out of it, being the centre of attention and doing a song and dance about it.

chiefdave

I don't think Mowbray really cares he went to the match, he just thinks he's a bit of an idiot for making a scene out of it, being the centre of attention and doing a song and dance about it.

That's what I mean. He says he doesn't know if he was responding to fans or just being a dick. Would have been better to ask him first!

skybluegod

Just want to point out, Reda might be getting player of the Season, considering a load of Sheff Wed fans are on our website voting for him....

Sterling Archer

Yeah, he's being a bit of an attention seeking twat now with all these retweets.

Surely our club can't be stupid enough to give it him? Especially when players like Chris Stokes actually deserve the award?

Users who are viewing this thread