Reda in with the Wednesday fans (1 Viewer)

skyblue025

Did anyone see Reda on the terraces with the Sheffield Wednesday fans on sky sports.
I would of thought he would of been better off supporting his team mates at Donny instead of paying the celeb at his former club. Fair enough if we didn't have game on but as we did it's a bit disrespectful to his current team mates. Chances are he won't play for us again, he could at least play the game until we stop paying his wages.

Last edited:

chiefdave

The club don't require injured players to attend games unless they have them lined up to do something with the JSBs or corporate so don't really see what the problem is.

Are you annoyed because he wasn't at the game or because he was at a Sheff Wed game? Do you get annoyed when the likes of McSheff and Baker show up for our games?

On twitter he said he went with a mate for his birthday, what's the problem with that. I think he should be applauded for going in with the fans and taking photos and signing autographs when he could easily have gone for corporate. Saw on twitter that he also went over to speak with all the disabled supporters.

I don't expect our players to become supporters, its not realistic. If he wants to go and watch the team he supports then fine, if he leaves us and wants to come back to one of our games then that's also fine.

JimmyHillsbeard

Did anyone see Reda on the terraces with the Sheffield Wednesday fans on sky sports.
I would of thought he would of been better off supporting his team mates at Donny instead of paying the celeb at his former club. Fair enough if we didn't have game on but as we did it's a bit disrespectful to his current team mates. Chances are he won't play for us again, he could at least play the game until we stop paying his wages.

Really? You actually care about this? Really?
I'm not a fan of Johnson to be honest but I doubt even his strongest supporter would feel that the reason we lost to Doncaster was because he wasn't on the terraces there.

phildownunder

The club don't require injured players to attend games unless they have them lined up to do something with the JSBs or corporate so don't really see what the problem is.

Are you annoyed because he wasn't at the game or because he was at a Sheff Wed game? Do you get annoyed when the likes of McSheff and Baker show up for our games?

On twitter he said he went with a mate for his birthday, what's the problem with that. I think he should be applauded for going in with the fans and taking photos and signing autographs when he could easily have gone for corporate. Saw on twitter that he also went over to speak with all the disabled supporters.

I don't expect our players to become supporters, its not realistic. If he wants to go and watch the team he supports then fine, if he leaves us and wants to come back to one of our games then that's also fine.

100% agree. Well put as usual, Dave.

When a player signs for a club he doesn`t take some kind of blood oath, he simply signs on to do a job for that club and give his best efforts for them while under contract. This has nothing to do with whatever team he personally supports, and I also think it is to his credit that he mingled with fans in that way.

I`ve no doubt that if he had made one of his rare appearances for us against Sheff Wed in some competition, he would have given just as much effort and commitment as he would in any other game.

skyblue1991

I didn't go to Doncaster despite being a fan for over 15 years.

Sorry, it's my fault we lost.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

CovisGod

He actually made it up to our game after the Wednesday game, I've seen pics of him with our fans at the game too. As usual people being over dramatic. When Baker comes and watches us play when he's injured he's seen as a legend among our fans, give Reda a break

Kingokings204

I agree with every one else. He is injured and goes to watch a former club play a football match. Big deal. He is a human and wants to mingle with some fans and friends.

Glad to see the other comments bribing some realism to this one.

Nick

Administrator
Sad thing is, he's probably spent more time watching them this season then he has playing for us.

oscillatewildly

Santa Claus is the one that hurt me. I thought he visited just me and my younger brother to leave presents. Imagine the pain and distress I felt when I discovered the truth.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Surely our club has bigger issues than the whereabouts of a chronic sick note who is most likely on his way out of the club come the end of the season without playing for us again?

duffer

This is well-reasoned, as ever chief - and yet for some reason it does really piss me off that he's out enjoying himself with his mates whilst we're having such a crappy season.

I suppose what I want him to do is to be showing leadership even when injured. I want him to be travelling with the team. I want him in the changing room threatening, cajoling and encouraging the other players - making sure that they know that every game, every tackle, every header, every pass and every shot matters. I want him geeing up *our* fans from the sidelines or in the stands.

I know that's a bit ambitious, but given how little he's on the pitch I think he owes us something when he's off it. He's a tremendous footballer at this level (when fit) and probably a very decent chap, but I won't be sorry to see him off the wage bill next year. After that I couldn't give a monkey's what he does or who he follows...

Glen

We still pay him so he should be working not going and supporting someone else so f off reda you injured dick and stay there is you want

chiefdave

If you look on the club website or social media Reda is regularly doing the community engagement stuff. If the club had said he should be there and he wasn't then fair enough.

For those complaining have you checked the attendance record of other injured players over the course of the season? Also if the squad travels on a Friday and stays overnight would you be happy to be spending some of our tight budget putting injured players up in hotels?

Brylowes

If you look on the club website or social media Reda is regularly doing the community engagement stuff. If the club had said he should be there and he wasn't then fair enough.

For those complaining have you checked the attendance record of other injured players over the course of the season? Also if the squad travels on a Friday and stays overnight would you be happy to be spending some of our tight budget putting injured players up in hotels?
What! They stay in hotels, next you'll be telling me they get an evening meal.

ajsccfc

We still pay him so he should be working not going and supporting someone else so f off reda you injured dick and stay there is you want

Unless he's violated his contract in going to watch a Sheffield Wednesday game, you're talking nonsense.

skybluegod

Yeah I don't see the problem to be honest. Surely we have to ask where: Hunt, Willis, Stokes, Thomas, Lawton, Cole, Henderson and George Thomas all were? Just because he decided to go and watch the club he supports, it's a big deal? Would people prefer for him to stay at home and watch TV?
He wouldn't have missed any physio appointments, he has done a lot in the community as mentioned.
Just moronic to complain about such a thing really.

stgeorge1966

Yeah I don't see the problem to be honest. Surely we have to ask where: Hunt, Willis, Stokes, Thomas, Lawton, Cole, Henderson and George Thomas all were? Just because he decided to go and watch the club he supports, it's a big deal? Would people prefer for him to stay at home and watch TV?
He wouldn't have missed any physio appointments, he has done a lot in the community as mentioned.

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

skybluegod

How can a player work without anybody with him? All the coaching staff were out at games? Including the Physio's? Do you want him hoping around on crutches in the gym? Would that make you happy?

hill83

I hope you go to work on days you are off pal. Including Christmas Day.

duffer

Since when was it 'moronic' to offer a different opinion?

Reda, as I recall, was signed and is often touted as a kind of talismanic leader. He's had quite a lot of money out of the club for very little in my eyes, and I would like to have seen those leadership qualities put to some sort of use (beyond the odd appearance at a school).

I can't see that any of the players that you mention have either been injured for as long as Reda or have those qualities, so you're comparing apples and oranges there. I can't speak for anyone else, but I can understand why it might piss people off that one of the club's supposedly senior pros isn't around to support the squad on matchdays, but can find the time to support a former team.

It's not an obligation on him, and it could well be that TM doesn't even want him around, but there's nothing inherently stupid in expressing in expressing that opinion.

Grendel

Since when was it 'moronic' to offer a different opinion?

Reda, as I recall, was signed and is often touted as a kind of talismanic leader. He's had quite a lot of money out of the club for very little in my eyes, and I would like to have seen those leadership qualities put to some sort of use (beyond the odd appearance at a school).

I can't see that any of the players that you mention have either been injured for as long as Reda or have those qualities, so you're comparing apples and oranges there. I can't speak for anyone else, but I can understand why it might piss people off that one of the club's supposedly senior pros isn't around to support the squad on matchdays, but can find the time to support a former team.

It's not an obligation on him, and it could well be that TM doesn't even want him around, but there's nothing inherently stupid in expressing in expressing that opinion.

One of the reasons Sherwood attracted so much angst was his appearance on sky sports commentating while injured.

I'm indifferent either way.

He was probably buying a season ticket for next year - he won't be playing anywhere given his record which is as bad as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread