Recommend a beer (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

First day I’ve felt like having a beer since Covid. The local coop had a few crafts so I’ve treated myself to Naranjito by Brooklyn Brewery. It’s an Orange flavoured pale - I’ve had it before and was slightly underwhelmed, but it tastes very good tonight!

Kneeza

First day I’ve felt like having a beer since Covid. The local coop had a few crafts so I’ve treated myself to Naranjito by Brooklyn Brewery. It’s an Orange flavoured pale - I’ve had it before and was slightly underwhelmed, but it tastes very good tonight!
Sounds good to me. I followed up with an Edel, and have now moved onto the Jameson's and Southern Comfort.
I may be gone for some time...

fernandopartridge

I don't rate that, I've had it before. The best Brooklyn beer I've had is the chocolate stout they do.

Great_Expectations

I don't rate that, I've had it before. The best Brooklyn beer I've had is the chocolate stout they do.

Brooklyn generally tend to be a little underwhelming I think, I had their Defender IPA pre covid and felt the same.

I did enjoy the orange pale last night, but I think that’s probably slightly influenced by the novelty of having a beer again!

fernandopartridge

Popped into my local M&S food earlier, they've expanded their beer range somewhat. Picked up a can of Cafe Creme by Arbor (coffee & chocolate stout) and 3 other beers, an American Pale Ale, a West Coast Pale and a Passionfruit Pale. Worth a look in M&S anyway chaps.

clint van damme

Popped into my local M&S food earlier, they've expanded their beer range somewhat. Picked up a can of Cafe Creme by Arbor (coffee & chocolate stout) and 3 other beers, an American Pale Ale, a West Coast Pale and a Passionfruit Pale. Worth a look in M&S anyway chaps.

really fancy trying a chocolate stout though not sure if I'd like it.
I'll see if I can pick a can or bottle to try. My local co-op has just been refurbed and got a decent craft beer section in there now so I'll see if they've got anything.

Great_Expectations

really fancy trying a chocolate stout though not sure if I'd like it.
I'll see if I can pick a can or bottle to try. My local co-op has just been refurbed and got a decent craft beer section in there now so I'll see if they've got anything.

I like a darker beer (Porter, Stouts etc) around Christmas time, a few of my favourites:

Titanic - Plum Porter (available in most supermarkets)
Blue Monkey - Chocolate Guerrila
DigBrew - Thoughts and Prayers (8% though!!)
Titanic - Cherry Dark
Brew York - Tonkoko (Milk Stout - vanilla and coconut taste)
Neptune Brewery - On The Bounty (Cocunut and chocolate stout) - basically like drinking a bounty!
Sam Smith - Organic Chocolate Stout

A couple from the others I review with:
Tollgate Brewery - Choc Cherry Porter
Mad Squirrel Brewery - De La Creme (Milk Stout - chocolate and caramel taste)

I have quoted an old post of mine with recommendations of nice stouts. A nice chocolate stout really is a treat!

Kneeza

This month's Beer52 Selection Box just turned up. Last month was all Melbourne/Victoria stuff. This month they've stayed mostly UK and Ireland, with a Californian thrown in for good measure.
Always loved the standard cask Jaipur (biased, as we're friends of the couple who own Thornbridge Brewery - they were married in Jaipur, hence the name) but haven't tried this variant yet.
Maybe Friday. 20210203_123301.jpg

Great_Expectations

This month's Beer52 Selection Box just turned up. Last month was all Melbourne/Victoria stuff. This month they've stayed mostly UK and Ireland, with a Californian thrown in for good measure.
Always loved the standard cask Jaipur (biased, as we're friends of the couple who own Thornbridge Brewery - they were married in Jaipur, hence the name) but haven't tried this variant yet.
Maybe Friday.View attachment 18599

Jaipur is an excellent beer, as are the others I’ve had from Thornbridge - not bad people to be friends with, very jealous!

I can’t quite make them all out, but I’ve had Electric Boogaloo before and enjoyed it, Moor Brewery are usually pretty good and I had a Salt Brewery beer for the first time the other week and it was very drinkable!

fernandopartridge

I've had a few Salt beers, used to work in Leeds and they're understandably commonly available there. Likewise Thornbridge is relatively local to me, so you see its beers around. Jaipur is a classic. It reminds me actually @Great_Expectations they do a chocolate porter, Cocoa Wonderland which is decent.

Kneeza

Jaipur is an excellent beer, as are the others I’ve had from Thornbridge - not bad people to be friends with, very jealous!

I can’t quite make them all out, but I’ve had Electric Boogaloo before and enjoyed it, Moor Brewery are usually pretty good and I had a Salt Brewery beer for the first time the other week and it was very drinkable!
Ha. Don't get to see much of them since we moved, so no free samples!
The brewery is David's, but Emma paid for it. She's the rich so and so ;) That's what comes of selling most of a very high profile business (about eight years ago) while still retaining a directorship in it.

Great_Expectations

I've had a few Salt beers, used to work in Leeds and they're understandably commonly available there. Likewise Thornbridge is relatively local to me, so you see its beers around. Jaipur is a classic. It reminds me actually @Great_Expectations they do a chocolate porter, Cocoa Wonderland which is decent.

I’ve had it and quite enjoyed it. I remember it being quite a strong one - just checked and it’s 6.8%!

fernandopartridge

Had a few from Lidl last night:

Some German IPA which was OK, more of a IPL though than an ale.

Couple of Perlenbacher which is their standard Pilsner, it's nice and @ 89p a bottle you can't argue at all

Stewart Brothers IPA which was decent

Got a Loch Lochmond ale left.

I've bought a few more from a local wine / bottle shop for tonight

Kneeza

Just had:

A Moor Beer Company (Bristol) 'Revival Pale Bitter' 3.8%. Pish poor. No head, no aroma, very little flavour.

Followed by a :

Rascals Brewing Company (Inchicore, Ireland) 'Wunderbar IPA'. 6%. Much much better. Rather more lively without being gassy. Low esters, but a certain indefinable fruitiness despite that. Very pleasant.

Kneeza

Now onto that Jaipur DDA (double dry hopped 15th anniversary special). 5.9%.
Glorious. Fruitier, yet hoppier, than the standard brew. Bitter, with a background sweetness.
Try this!

Great_Expectations

Just had:

A Moor Beer Company (Bristol) 'Revival Pale Bitter' 3.8%. Pish poor. No head, no aroma, very little flavour.

Followed by a :

Rascals Brewing Company (Inchicore, Ireland) 'Wunderbar IPA'. 6%. Much much better. Rather more lively without being gassy. Low esters, but a certain indefinable fruitiness despite that. Very pleasant.

Surprised at Moor Beer as they’re a pretty reliable, if fairly standard, brewery. But a pale bitter at 3.8 doesn’t sound good to me, whatever the brewery!

The Jaipur special sounds very very good!

Kneeza

Surprised at Moor Beer as they’re a pretty reliable, if fairly standard, brewery. But a pale bitter at 3.8 doesn’t sound good to me, whatever the brewery!

The Jaipur special sounds very very good!
Even after having slept on it, I'm not changing my mind. Very disappointing, but maybe it was a rogue can. Well in date though. It's put me off them anyway!
Do try the DDH if you get chance though.

clint van damme

Even after having slept on it, I'm not changing my mind. Very disappointing, but maybe it was a rogue can. Well in date though. It's put me off them anyway!
Do try the DDH if you get chance though.

Rogue can would actually be a good name for a craft ale

Had a lager last night, London mean time. Was really weird in that the taste tailed off when you took a sip.
The opposite of an after taste!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Found a couple of bottles of Mahou in garage from Christmas nice drop although I prefer the green bottle to the red one

fernandopartridge

Rogue can would actually be a good name for a craft ale

Had a lager last night, London mean time. Was really weird in that the taste tailed off when you took a sip.
The opposite of an after taste!

Yeah that’s really mediocre. Think it was a London brewery but sold out to one of the macros. Likewise Camden etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Got another craft from the local Co-op - Moyo Juice, a tropical pale by Brewgooder. I’ve had it before; it’s nice and tropical as described (sounds silly but numerous times I’ve had beers that taste nothing like their supposed style), but at 3.8 lacks a bit of a kick.

Easily drinkable and I’m enjoying it - albeit, again I’m slightly biased as it’s only my third beer since covid so it’s still a novelty to enjoy one!!

clint van damme

Got another craft from the local Co-op - Moyo Juice, a tropical pale by Brewgooder. I’ve had it before; it’s nice and tropical as described (sounds silly but numerous times I’ve had beers that taste nothing like their supposed style), but at 3.8 lacks a bit of a kick.

Easily drinkable and I’m enjoying it - albeit, again I’m slightly biased as it’s only my third beer since covid so it’s still a novelty to enjoy one!!

Caught my eye when browsing the selection in my local co op yesterday but didn't buy any in the end.
I'll think I'll give it a go next time.

Sbarcher

Found a couple of bottles of Mahou in garage from Christmas nice drop although I prefer the green bottle to the red one
In past years used to stick with green Mahou during the Benidorm November Fiesta. Could just about make it to daybreak with the green. The red Mahou is stronger and I wouldn't make it to midnight!

Reactions: vow

fernandopartridge

In past years used to stick with green Mahou during the Benidorm November Fiesta. Could just about make it to daybreak with the green. The red Mahou is stronger and I wouldn't make it to midnight!

Was going to say it, the dorm is the only place I ever really drink it. I prefer the Red tbh but the green goes down OK. My favourite spanish lager is Cruzcampo, once found a little bar selling it (possibly quite close to the Sol Pelicanos) it is much better than San Miguel / Estrella. Estrella Galicia is good too.

Users who are viewing this thread