Recommend a beer (3 Viewers)

SkyBlueSoul

Had a beer yesterday called neck oil , combination of lager and an Ipa really nice
I do like a pint of neck oil although it's normally around £6 a pint near me. They do it in the sports bar at the ground and I can never resist after a decent win

Kneeza

As I don't drink alcohol any more (too dangerous for me; gave up in January) I can't really contribute to this thread like I used to.
However... I do permit myself an occasional alcohol-free beer (yes, many are 0.3 to 0.5 percent, but low enough not to be an issue).
Neck Oil was always one I liked, so I was chuffed when I found Beavertown's Lazer Crush (0.3 I think).
I've tried many, many 'AF' beers over the last nine or ten months, and this one is my absolute favourite by a long way.
If you're driving, give it a try. Lovely. Really fresh and quaffable, and no bad head to follow!
I'm just about to order another slab of 24 cans.

JAM See

As I don't drink alcohol any more (too dangerous for me; gave up in January) I can't really contribute to this thread like I used to.
However... I do permit myself an occasional alcohol-free beer (yes, many are 0.3 to 0.5 percent, but low enough not to be an issue).
Neck Oil was always one I liked, so I was chuffed when I found Beavertown's Lazer Crush (0.3 I think).
I've tried many, many 'AF' beers over the last nine or ten months, and this one is my absolute favourite by a long way.
If you're driving, give it a try. Lovely. Really fresh and quaffable, and no bad head to follow!
I'm just about to order another slab of 24 cans.
I've heard good things about Guinness zero.

Not a stout drinker myself, but Sam Delaney gives it the thumbs up.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got this on me draft machine, really nice not too dissimilar to neck oil

Attachments

• 79058927-021D-47D7-A0B9-F76F2757C91E.jpeg
    79058927-021D-47D7-A0B9-F76F2757C91E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

Sky_Blue_Daz

Me and my wife were in town yesterday and popped into the windmill in Spon street . Guinness was very nice and my wife was on neck oil

fernandopartridge

Not sure if I've mentioned it before as I've liked it since the first one I tried but I've had a multipack of Unfiltered Stella over Christmas, decent and more like Stella prior to it being watered down.

Kneeza

Didn't touch a drop all Christmas. In fact I havent touched a drop for over 11 months.
Humbug...

Reactions: vow

Great_Expectations

Really into Pollys Brewery recently, if you see their stuff on tap anywhere then definitely give it a go.

Great craft beer, albeit certainly not a cheap pint!

Reactions: vow

Grendel

I cannot believe it has come to this but does anyone on here consume low alcoholic beers?

I remember the days of Kaliber - a drink designed to make you consume even more alcohol to erase its taste or just to think you may as well top yourself if this is all you have to look forward to - a truly soul destroying experience

I have been sampling some of these delights and I have to say there has been some significant improvement on the bitter and craft lager side.

Lucky Sant is fairly passable
Brooklyn Special Effects is almost getting away with being the real deal
Brewdog range is OK but a bit weak
All lager substitutes are back to Kaliber days of being shite - Heineken is just about OK
I am not a Guiness drinker really but the zero looks and seems like the real thing to me - fairly impressive

Does anyone else even drink this stuff?

fernandopartridge

I cannot believe it has come to this but does anyone on here consume low alcoholic beers?

I remember the days of Kaliber - a drink designed to make you consume even more alcohol to erase its taste or just to think you may as well top yourself if this is all you have to look forward to - a truly soul destroying experience

I have been sampling some of these delights and I have to say there has been some significant improvement on the bitter and craft lager side.

All lager substitutes are back to Kaliber days of being shite - Heineken is just about OK
I am not a Guiness drinker really but the zero looks and seems like the real thing to me - fairly impressive

I've tried a few when I am trying not to drink. The Guinness is reasonable tbh. I've heard good things about Lucky Saint.

I actually like the Aldi copy non-alcoholic Stella (St Etienne).

Greggs

Carling, loads of them.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of the ones I’ve had, Peroni 0% is actually pretty good and comparable to the real thing.

Ian1779

I’ve tried Nil Point which is made by Brewpoint in Bedford which is pretty decent for a non-alcoholic lager. You can get it by can direct from them and some beer shops, and some local places to Bedford also offer it on draught.

wingy

I’ve tried Nil Point which is made by Brewpoint in Bedford which is pretty decent for a non-alcoholic lager. You can get it by can direct from them and some beer shops, and some local places to Bedford also offer it on draught.
Haven't yet but a consideration, I only drink about four units a week currently and sometimes none.

Great_Expectations

I’ve been trying to be better in the week, so been sampling a good selection of low alcohol beers. This is especially hard at the minute as we’re in the process of organising a beer festival….!

My favourite by far is Paradiso Citra IPA by Big Drop Brewing Co. I also quite like the Erdinger AF stuff as well. And as you say the BrewDog AF Punk IPA equivalent is decent enough.

Not a lager drinker really, but some of the 0% stuff I’ve tried has been pants.

Grendel

Haven't yet but a consideration, I only drink about four units a week currently and sometimes none.

Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

Grendel

To be honest I am getting fucking bored of this abstention already

Grendel

What's the reason behind it?

That is a rather complex question to answer for one so apparently straightforward

I have set a challenge to myself to achieve certain targets so that I can prove to my therapist I don't need to spend days in AA meetings in dingy church halls

JAM See

That is a rather complex question to answer for one so apparently straightforward

I have set a challenge to myself to achieve certain targets so that I can prove to my therapist I don't need to spend days in AA meetings in dingy church halls
Sending you love and support.

Have you read the Adrian Chiles book? It's an interesting take on excessive drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread