Recommend a beer (3 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

New brewery for me tonight;

Cruz Blanca - Palm Shade - tropical hazy IPA. Very nice, and dangerous at 5.8% as doesn’t taste that strong!!

dutchman

Best beer I've ever tasted was called Jever Pilsner. It was sold for a time as Sainsbury's "German Lager" but actually comes from a Frisian Island which is halfway between Holland and Germany. Being a true Pilsner it tastes like a blend of apples and pears but also has a very strong hop flavour to counteract the 5% alcohol.

fernandopartridge

Best beer I've ever tasted was called Jever Pilsner. It was sold for a time as Sainsbury's "German Lager" but actually comes from a Frisian Island which is halfway between Holland and Germany. Being a true Pilsner it tastes like a blend of apples and pears but also has a very strong hop flavour to counteract the 5% alcohol.
Yes, it's excellent. I flew business class from New York a few years ago and it was one of the complementary beers at the airport

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Checked out the selection at Morrisons today in an attempt to find an “interesting” beer in the local area (no decent bottle shops nearby). And how my bank holidays have changes since having kids!

Picked up a few semi interesting ones. Had a West Coast Pale by ShinDigger - a new brewery for me. Decent and refreshing as you’d hope from that style. Nothing unique but perfectly sessionable!

Great_Expectations

Not sure why I did it again after two shit ones last time, but saw BrewDog Purple Violets beer on offer for £1 in Tesco so gave it a try - another disappointing BrewDog novelty beer!!

SkyBlueSoul

Campervan Brewery did a tap takeover at one of my local bars over bank holiday. Hadn't heard of them before so sat and worked my way through everything on offer on my way to a hangover.

The main highlight for me was El Nelsabryo 9% DIPA - very rich but very drinkable for something that strong

fernandopartridge

Byatt's Novus (hopped porter).

Bloody lovely from the Byatt's Brewhouse bar, had a few tbf! On tap not the bottled type, tasted so fresh, good head, not bitter at all.
Imagine that tastes a bit like a black lager (to be found in Germany generally)

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
I went into Brewdog in Brum a few weeks ago.

Thought the beer was a bit shit and pretentious. I'd rather a Carling Premier on tap in a shithole for a third of the price.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Nick

Administrator
Although, the Sky Blue Army beer for £2.99 a pint was decent in the Sky Blue Tavern.

It was a boiling hot day and it was cold so that may have skewered judgement.

vow

Imagine that tastes a bit like a black lager (to be found in Germany generally)

Had to google "Black lager" it sounds similar as it was very easy to drink.

Lee Byatt (owner of Byatts brewery) did explain the process of the porter, most went over my head! but mentioned that the some of the hops went in later.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Out of interest is there any pubs in cov selling Carling premier?

Sick Boy

Isn’t standard Carling only 3.7% but labelled as 4%? I thought Carling Premier had made a comeback over the last 5 years?

Reactions: AOM

Sky_Blue_Daz

Isn’t standard Carling only 3.7% but labelled as 4%? I thought Carling Premier had made a comeback over the last 5 years?
Seen some cans in the booze busters on Norman place road a while ago but it’s shut now

Great_Expectations

There’s a beer festival in Nuneaton this weekend, the line up looks very good;

Verdant
Cloudwater
Deya
Arbor
Tiny Rebel
Church End
Neptune
Odyssey

Amongst others!!

SkyBlueSoul

Out in Turkey and taken a liking to a bottle of Bomonti Filtresiz. Nothing particularly special, just a simple unfiltered lager that tastes good and is better than the generic Efes. Picked up a few from the supermarket for the game yesterday

Ian1779

Had a recent Beer 52 delivery with some ‘fruit’ craft beers.

Watermelon IPA and Mango Sour Ale is absolutely fucking rank.

• Haha

vow

Abyss Tropical Thunder

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Daz

Had a beer yesterday called neck oil , combination of lager and an Ipa really nice

JAM See

Anything by Brains this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread