Recommend a beer (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I had a keg of Cllb tropica on the go yesterday can recommend it of you like IPA its a bit like the beavertown neck oil

vow

Have I fooked up 'dry Jan' by drinking into the wee small hours off New year's Eve night/morning? 🤔

Grendel

Yep dry January has started for me, seeing if I can beat my record - Mid June

I don’t see the point tbh

Grendel

Have I fooked up 'dry Jan' by drinking into the wee small hours off New year's Eve night/morning? 🤔

Yeah try again next year

• Haha
Reactions: vow

fernandopartridge

Does anyone actually waste their time on dry January. My resolve ended at 10 am yesterday
No, don't bother. It's my birthday next week which is part of the reason but the main part is that it's a very dark and gloomy month and needs must.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SBT

I had a keg of Cllb tropica on the go yesterday can recommend it of you like IPA its a bit like the beavertown neck oil
Isn’t Clwb Tropica a fruity IPA? Doesn’t taste anything like Neck Oil!

The scale of my NYE hangover has me reconsidering all of my alcohol choices, which is a shame considering the amount of booze that people left in our fridge.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The scale of my NYE hangover has me reconsidering all of my alcohol choices, which is a shame considering the amount of booze that people left in our fridge.
strange that, i thought they tasted similar

Sky_Blue_Daz

No, don't bother. It's my birthday next week which is part of the reason but the main part is that it's a very dark and gloomy month and needs must.

Its mine on Monday and am on a weeks annual leave as well, shit time of year to have a birthday

Sick Boy

Yeah Tropica is very different, probably one of the most drinkable beers there is.

Great_Expectations

I’m doing Dry January and February, with a small weekend off in February as I’m away for a few days and there’s no way I’m going on a kid free holiday and not making the most of it.

I don’t necessarily get the Dry January thing, but I’ve got a marathon to run in April and I need to do some pretty drastic things to get me in shape for that.

Just been away for the week and somehow resisted. Tomorrow will certainly be a big test too.

On the plus side, found Asahi AF last week. I’m not a lager drinker but it’s decent enough for AF. Got a mixed pack of the BrewDog AF range too - it’s also ok for AF.

skyblue1991

Depends how much you drink normally

I think if you drink most days (even if it's only a pint or two) and you do Dry January your likely to feel the affects of not drinking at all and feel better for it

If you drink mainly on weekends and possibly a couple of beers one night in the week then I don't think it makes a difference as you have more sober days than not

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Grendel

I’m doing Dry January and February, with a small weekend off in February as I’m away for a few days and there’s no way I’m going on a kid free holiday and not making the most of it.

I don’t necessarily get the Dry January thing, but I’ve got a marathon to run in April and I need to do some pretty drastic things to get me in shape for that.

Just been away for the week and somehow resisted. Tomorrow will certainly be a big test too.

On the plus side, found Asahi AF last week. I’m not a lager drinker but it’s decent enough for AF. Got a mixed pack of the BrewDog AF range too - it’s also ok for AF.

I don’t see the point of it unless you have a significant alcohol problem - I’m not being funny I just don’t get the point

Yank

Got some of this last night. Tried the rest of their brews(St. Bernardus) but first time trying this; was expectional and just cemented again why they are my favorite brewery and Belgian beer is the best:cool:

4-Pack-Watou-Tripel-Demo-isolated-450x600.png

Great_Expectations

I don’t see the point of it unless you have a significant alcohol problem - I’m not being funny I just don’t get the point

I sort of get your point, but there’s a multitude of reasons people do it. As I said I’ve got a marathon to run in a few months so cutting out beer will help with training and Dry January is a convenient vehicle to kickstart that.

SBT

Had a couple of cans of Lion Stout from Sri Lanka on Saturday morning to get going for the early kickoff - absolutely delicious and at 8% ABV it was pretty efficient as well.

Sick Boy

Had a couple of cans of Lion Stout from Sri Lanka on Saturday morning to get going for the early kickoff - absolutely delicious and at 8% ABV it was pretty efficient as well.
Back in the day, we used to get a train around 06:30-7 for away games and start drinking on the platform waiting for the train. A mate of mine would have finished 4 Special Brew by 8:30 - no idea how he did it.

• Love

SBT

Back in the day, we used to get a train around 06:30-7 for away games and start drinking on the platform waiting for the train. A mate of mine would have finished 4 Special Brew by 8:30 - no idea how he did it.
I had a couple of cans of Elvis Juice (I know, I know, it was all that was left in the fridge) on the train up at 9am. Even fruit beers don’t go down great at that time - stouts are always the better shout imo!

fernandopartridge

There is a Sri Lankan restaurant by me that sells it (and their lager), not bad

Grendel

I had a couple of cans of Elvis Juice (I know, I know, it was all that was left in the fridge) on the train up at 9am. Even fruit beers don’t go down great at that time - stouts are always the better shout imo!

You always struck me as a Manns Brown Ale sort of guy

fernandopartridge

Aldi usual craft beers etc are mostly shite but anything they get made by William Bros is usually decent enough for the price:

East Coast IPA
West Coast IPA
Otis

All decent and similar to stuff you'd be charged 2-3 x the amount for elsewhere

djr8369

Got some of this last night. Tried the rest of their brews(St. Bernardus) but first time trying this; was expectional and just cemented again why they are my favorite brewery and Belgian beer is the best:cool:

4-Pack-Watou-Tripel-Demo-isolated-450x600.png
Finally something decent!

St Bernardus is a legendary brewery.

djr8369

I’ve been trying to be better in the week, so been sampling a good selection of low alcohol beers. This is especially hard at the minute as we’re in the process of organising a beer festival….!

My favourite by far is Paradiso Citra IPA by Big Drop Brewing Co. I also quite like the Erdinger AF stuff as well. And as you say the BrewDog AF Punk IPA equivalent is decent enough.

Not a lager drinker really, but some of the 0% stuff I’ve tried has been pants.
Big Drop has been my go to for a week day AF beer but I was recently recommended the Tartarus AF beers. Their normal beers are excellent too and a good smaller craft brewery rather than an InBeV fake craft spin off like some.

Diogenes

Got back into Guinness after hardly touching it the best part of 20 years. Forgot how delicious it is, and just in time for the pint cans coming out.

Shame I've got covid or I would be indulging right now, so all I can do is fantasise about it.

Has anyone tried the nitrosurge device or is it just a gimmick?

• Love

Covkid1968#

love this beer!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7302.jpeg
    IMG_7302.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

Cheylesmore ITK

Getting into non alcoholic beers as I like beer but am a lightweight so don't really midweek drink.

The Erdinger and Guinness ones are nice but I need to find some more.

Users who are viewing this thread