realistic transfer targets ??? (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

If theres money Jordan Rhodes

He's already turned down Leicester, it's Premiership or nowhere for him. Well out of our reach.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Or Kris Commons. Not getting a look in at Celtic at the moment

kg82

He's already turned down Leicester, it's Premiership or nowhere for him. Well out of our reach.

That's a shame as well because I think prems a step too far for him. Championship is his level and I get the feeling if he goes to the prem it'll ruin him and he won't be the same again after. Happened to quite a few players before, can see it happening again. Mind you, why would you not want to try yourself out at the top level so can't blame him.

Nonleagueherewecome

That's a shame as well because I think prems a step too far for him. Championship is his level and I get the feeling if he goes to the prem it'll ruin him and he won't be the same again after. Happened to quite a few players before, can see it happening again. Mind you, why would you not want to try yourself out at the top level so can't blame him.

At the least, I think he'd rather stay where he is and get promoted. But Holt, Morrison, Jackson and Graham were all L1 strikers not so long ago...they're doing OK in the top flight.

I'm tempted to rename this thread to Unrealistic Transfer Targets, IF We Get Taken Over (which we won't this window!)

kg82

At the least, I think he'd rather stay where he is and get promoted. But Holt, Morrison, Jackson and Graham were all L1 strikers not so long ago...they're doing OK in the top flight.

I'm tempted to rename this thread to Unrealistic Transfer Targets, IF We Get Taken Over (which we won't this window!)

You're probably right but all those players work amazingly hard off the ball which Rhodes hasn't been great at (although I understand he's worked on his game a lot in the last year). Think you're right though, he'd prefer to do it with Town. I wasn't suggesting he'd come to us by the way, just about him going to the prem!

Having spoken to two QPR fans on the train yesterday (on the way back from West Ham) there is a rumour going round there that both Rob Hulse and Danny Shittu are being loaned out to us. I wouldn't hold your breath, but that's what I've been told.

Gaz

Not sure if we would be looking at players like this but what about Jason Puncheon ?
He could play just behind the strikers and I think he is on loan at QPR from Southampton, but that loan could be about to end as they have just taken that lad from man u on loan.
Not sure if realistic but just a thought.

kg82

Having spoken to two QPR fans on the train yesterday (on the way back from West Ham) there is a rumour going round there that both Rob Hulse and Danny Shittu are being loaned out to us. I wouldn't hold your breath, but that's what I've been told.

I'd be surprised if Shittu came here considering his little spat with most of the City team from that Ibiza tournament a few years ago! And if Hulse came in that would suggest Juke is off.

Nonleagueherewecome

Problem with Waghorn is he was out of favour with the previous manager, and went on loan to Hull to be reunited with his old manager, Nigel Pearson. That'll be the same Nigel Pearson who has now returned to Leicester as manager! I would imagine that Waghorn is now very much back in the Leicester first team picture as a result.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Problem with Waghorn is he was out of favour with the previous manager, and went on loan to Hull to be reunited with his old manager, Nigel Pearson. That'll be the same Nigel Pearson who has now returned to Leicester as manager! I would imagine that Waghorn is now very much back in the Leicester first team picture as a result.

Good point! Back to the drawing board.......

lordsummerisle

I'd be surprised if Shittu came here considering his little spat with most of the City team from that Ibiza tournament a few years ago! And if Hulse came in that would suggest Juke is off.

Don't think there would be anybody left from that City team, so wouldn't have thought it would be an issue if it was likely.

Nonleagueherewecome

"SISU sign Shittu!" Well it's got a ring to it :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Wasn't he destroyed by Dele on Ricoh Opening Day, during his first spell there? No thanks.

Blue Maniac

Please, please no. This would make me cry. Sweet baby Jebus, no.

Basically, what I'm saying is... the lad is dogshite. Ever since we signed him permanently, he appears to have the footballing intelligence of a hamster. He makes aimless runs like a recently beheaded fowl and gives away an unbelievable amount of free kicks. Whatever we paid Sunderland, they had our pants down.

If Pearson's got any brains, Waghorn is yours for a fiver.

kg82

Please, please no. This would make me cry. Sweet baby Jebus, no.

Basically, what I'm saying is... the lad is dogshite. Ever since we signed him permanently, he appears to have the footballing intelligence of a hamster. He makes aimless runs like a recently beheaded fowl and gives away an unbelievable amount of free kicks. Whatever we paid Sunderland, they had our pants down.

If Pearson's got any brains, Waghorn is yours for a fiver.

We haven't got a fiver! Maybe Sunderland got you lot mixed up with us lot, they don't seem to like us that much!

Nonleagueherewecome

Tell you what, if the chance comes up I'll lend CCFC £2.50. You'll have to come up with the rest.

You might be able to buy the club for that! Go on; no matter how much you hate us, even the fan of a rival club would leave is in a better condition than our present owners are likely to!

Blue Maniac

You might be able to buy the club for that! Go on; no matter how much you hate us, even the fan of a rival club would leave is in a better condition than our present owners are likely to!
Well, it couldn't be much worse. I'd probably end up bringing Micky Adams in as manager for a gag though.

Nonleagueherewecome

Well, he took us to 8th..:confused:

kg82

And he took us back to the PL for a season, but I'd sooner eat my own eyes than see him back in the dugout at the KPS.

Hah, I find it quite funny your stadium was first called the Walkers and now in it's abbreviated form is KP's!! I bet noones noticed that before have they... I'll get me coat :pointlaugh:

Blue Maniac

Hah, I find it quite funny your stadium was first called the Walkers and now in it's abbreviated form is KP's!! I bet noones noticed that before have they... I'll get me coat :pointlaugh:
I've got a little bet on that by 2017 we'll be taken over by a bloke called Pringle.

Nonleagueherewecome

i am sure there is a cheesey puff joke in there somewhere

I love cheesy poofs,
You love cheesy poofs.
If we didn't eat cheesy poofs,
We'd be... Lame.

Users who are viewing this thread