realistic transfer targets ??? (1 Viewer)

Marty

If we had something like 15-20 million to spend, I would like some of the following players.

Kenny Miller,
Rickie Lambert,
Lewis McGugan,
Peter Whittingham,
Robert Snodgrass,
George Boyd,
Darren Ambrose,
Chris Gunter,

Only player on that list that wouldn't come would be Lambert, but if we threw enough money at him then i'm sure we could turn his head.

I'll believe the takeover when it happens, so i'm trying not to get too excitied.

skybluegod

If we had something like 15-20 million to spend, I would like some of the following players.

Kenny Miller,
Rickie Lambert,
Lewis McGugan,
Peter Whittingham,
Robert Snodgrass,
George Boyd,
Darren Ambrose,
Chris Gunter,

Only player on that list that wouldn't come would be Lambert, but if we threw enough money at him then i'm sure we could turn his head.

I'll believe the takeover when it happens, so i'm trying not to get too excitied.

whittingham would never come to us and cardiff dont want to sell.
ambrose great shout.
snodgrass would need a large contract.so would miller
gunter and mcGugan are average wages(more than average for us) and would probs come.
boyd and lambert would also need a lot of money

skybluek

We won't get that much money probs bout 3 mil to spend in Jan I would like Bradley wright Phillips tamas priskin
Wagstaff from charlton Jordan Rhodes or lee novac maybe jara from Wba he's a RB

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Always rated Ambrose, especially in this league. Last season he cpuldnt stop scoring!! Not sure Palace would let him go cheaply though.

Werent we in for Boyd before but Fry slagged off our offers?

Anyone know how Andrew Driver is doing now a days??

We were chasing McGuigan a few years back and is a decent player. Would love us to go in for him in the summer if Forest went down and we didnt (both unlilely tbf)

skybluek

Always rated Ambrose, especially in this league. Last season he cpuldnt stop scoring!! Not sure Palace would let him go cheaply though.

We were chasing McGuigan a few years back and is a decent player. Would love us to go in for him in the summer if Forest went down and we didnt (both unlilely tbf)

Andrew driver still at hearts just came back from injury but I would like him or his team mate David templeton are very good wingers

skybluereeve

Driver has handed in a transfer request,fell out big time with the manager.plus they got no money.I would love to see sharp and boyd sharp has a release clause of about 2mill but bigger clubs are in for him.boyd to play tip of the diamond would be great

skyblueinBaku

Driver has handed in a transfer request,fell out big time with the manager.plus they got no money.I would love to see sharp and boyd sharp has a release clause of about 2mill but bigger clubs are in for him.boyd to play tip of the diamond would be great
Hearts are in serious financial difficulty. I believe that their players haven't been paid on time for quite a while now. Driver would be a good shout - if we had any money.

Marty

We won't get that much money probs bout 3 mil to spend in Jan I would like Bradley wright Phillips tamas priskin
Wagstaff from charlton Jordan Rhodes or lee novac maybe jara from Wba he's a RB

Rhodes is a decent player, he turned down West Ham last week, think hes looking for a move to the prem only at the minute.

neilyboy67

realistically need to keep juke or were knackered no point in just replacing him and depends what wages were offering for transfer targets, be better getting in 2 quality loan signings imo, if cody ever gets firing be like a new signing! that fella from barnsley looks the biz the won who destroyed leeds wonder if he wants to join an ambitious up and coming club :)

Gaz

Driver I think has just put in a transfer request at Hearts

Shooting2win

Realistic transfer targets

Seeing as were gonna have no money to work with, and that the state were in, we need a consistent goalscorer at this level to get us out of this relegation battle. The only way that will happen is through the loan market. I think we may aswell be audacious to get us out and go for players like Rob Hulse who's sat in the stands at QPR or Cameron Jerome who's getting a free holiday to Valencia for doing sweet fa! Might even be worth enquiring about that one hit wonder Leon 'Geordie' Best!!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Seeing as were gonna have no money to work with, and that the state were in, we need a consistent goalscorer at this level to get us out of this relegation battle. The only way that will happen is through the loan market. I think we may aswell be audacious to get us out and go for players like Rob Hulse who's sat in the stands at QPR or Cameron Jerome who's getting a free holiday to Valencia for doing sweet fa! Might even be worth enquiring about that one hit wonder Leon 'Geordie' Best!!

Cameron Jerome at Valencia? Since when? Hes at Stoke isnt he?

Glen

Alan smith and must be some other loans we can get a s i can see deal taking too long to get perm signings in.

shmmeee

Would take Best back in a shot but I don't reckon he'd come. If we have a bit of cash to play with, we need a CM, AM & ST. Perhaps even a LB.

Nonleagueherewecome

Jerome scored for Stoke yesterday. He's one of many in the thread who I think are way out of our reach.

George Boyd is one I'd love, but would still cost a decent amount. His team-mate Lee Frecklington is another-both quality passing midfielders on reasonable wages.

Although they cost, what we really need is experience; there must be a couple of Prem reserves we can get on loan, surely?

If we are taken over, securing Lukas, Keogh and Cranie on improved deals is probably just as important.

Nonleagueherewecome

Hulse and Dobbie are good shouts - hulse on loan and sign dobbie.

Agreed, but Dobbie still gets games and is part of the first team squad; plus I guarantee that Swansea would try to do a part-exchange deal with Keogh!

EleanorRigby

Will be interesting as to when we try to bring anyone in. A number of clubs in our division are already bringing players in, just hope we don't do our usual eleventh hour thing and bring a youth team novice in at 5 to midnight on the 31st or whenever the last day is.

BackRoomRummermill

Will be interesting as to when we try to bring anyone in. A number of clubs in our division are already bringing players in, just hope we don't do our usual eleventh hour thing and bring a youth team novice in at 5 to midnight on the 31st or whenever the last day is.

That is about all we can expect at present

kg82

This Templeton for Hearts looks pretty tasty. It's only been on 20 minutes and I must have heard his name 50 times already! Only reason I say him as well is because of Hearts money trouble. Would probably still be too much!

Marty

If the takeover happens and we are willing to throw money at it (Leicester style) then i think most players in this league would be willing to join us if the wages are right.

sparky

Wayne routledge
Kris boyd
Whoever brightons left winger was
chris gunter
And a attacking midfielder aswell as keeping who we've got already would make us real competative

Nonleagueherewecome

Wayne routledge
Kris boyd
Whoever brightons left winger was
chris gunter
And a attacking midfielder aswell as keeping who we've got already would make us real competative

Craig Noone is the Brighton fella. He would be at home with Baker, being another ex-Southport winger.

Agreed with your list apart from Boyd-if you think Eastwood is a problem player, just wait for the hassle this drong would bring. If even if we have a bottomless pit of cash, we still need to be very selective in terms of character.

I like Danny Guthrie as a loan shout, but he may be needed in Geordieland with Tiote off at the African Nations Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread