Realistic signings (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Be interesting to see what Max can do at this level, should he get the opportunity. Can’t see him starting many, but he has a knack of scoring some cracking goals so could be a useful option off the bench. Maybe he’ll end up playing more in cup games, we’ll need some options (assuming a standard number of games).

Although I reckon we'll bring in a stiker before the start of the season at most I can see Max being a 5-10 min sub in the hope he'll get a worldy to get us an equaliser chasing a game. He might be first choice sub as a straight swap for Godden but Baka will be first choice if we bring the extra striker on IMO.

As it stands Godden is first choice, with Baka next if Godden is out.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Although I reckon we'll bring in a stiker before the start of the season at most I can see Max being a 5-10 min sub in the hope he'll get a worldy to get us an equaliser chasing a game. He might be first choice sub as a straight swap for Godden but Baka will be first choice if we bring the extra striker on IMO.

Yeah, it’s gonna be tough for Max to make an impression this year. Personally can’t remember when we’ve had a 4th choice striker (assuming we add at least 1), let alone one that does bicycle kicks from the halfway-line :cool: He’s going to have to take his opportunities this season for sure

SkyBlueGuy

Whilst bored on a long holiday drive I started having a think about the sort of striker we might go for if we were A) looking for out own permanent signing B) not looking at free agents C) looking for players to push for a starting spot/ fit in to our system.

A player that seems to fit this mould might be Jón Dadi Bödvarsson from Millwall. OK, so he hasn't set the championship in fire (but if he had we wouldn't be able to afford him). Also still has 2 years left on his contract. But...

He's only just turned 28, he's 6'2 and from doing a bit of reading about him he does seem like he'd fit our style. A more physical (and taller) Godden perhaps, but he likes to play with the ball at his feet and with his back to the goal, get in behind defenders and challenge for balls in the air.

Previous managers and fans have said they think he has a lot of potential, but has not been given enough of a chance and not played in a system that suits him. He wasn't signed by Rowett and could be considered surplus.

Not saying he's the one, but could be this the sort of player we might look at?

higgs

Whilst bored on a long holiday drive I started having a think about the sort of striker we might go for if we were A) looking for out own permanent signing B) not looking at free agents C) looking for players to push for a starting spot/ fit in to our system.

A player that seems to fit this mould might be Jón Dadi Bödvarsson from Millwall. OK, so he hasn't set the championship in fire (but if he had we wouldn't be able to afford him). Also still has 2 years left on his contract. But...

He's only just turned 28, he's 6'2 and from doing a bit of reading about him he does seem like he'd fit our style. A more physical (and taller) Godden perhaps, but he likes to play with the ball at his feet and with his back to the goal, get in behind defenders and challenge for balls in the air.

Previous managers and fans have said they think he has a lot of potential, but has not been given enough of a chance and not played in a system that suits him. He wasn't signed by Rowett and could be considered surplus.

Did he play for reading before or am I thinking of a different guy?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lord_garrincha

If that remains the same into the season, the recruitment team should be accused of a dereliction of duty.

no_loyalty

A similar player to him would be Tom Eaves just relegated with Hull, looked decent at Gillingham.

junglej13

A similar player to him would be Tom Eaves just relegated with Hull, looked decent at Gillingham.
Remember we were linked with Eaves when he was at Bolton and Pressley was in charge. I think he'd scored one professional goal. I think he'd be a good addition though. Completely different to anything we have.

SlowerThanPlatt

I didn’t realise Martin Samuelsen and Reece Burke were at Hull now, they both had loan spells in 15/16 and were highly rated. Looking at their squad, there’s little to no sellable assets and I’d be wary about signing anyone from there after their capitulation

SkyBlueGuy

The most goals he scored in a season for Reading was 7 unless you’re talking about another player

Yeah he's not been prolific, but looks like he does a lot of the hard work and looks to get other players involved too. Annoyingly can't find his assist record, but for Reading he got 10 goals (including cup games - I know they don't count for some... ) in one season and 7 the next.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah he's not been prolific, but looks like he does a lot of the hard work and looks to get other players involved too. Annoyingly can't find his assist record, but for Reading he got 10 goals (including cup games - I know they don't count for some... ) in one season and 7 the next.

higgs

The most goals he scored in a season for Reading was 7 unless you’re talking about another player
Maybe he went on a run of scoring them goals close together that made me think he was more prolific than he was

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BigadamL

These people staying announce Shankland are they just picking names out of an old hat or anything to it?

larry_david

Can have a few lagers in the sun then I'll pick out a lower league striker to take a punt on. Watch this space.
Here we go.

Two choices for you. Bez Lubala. Scored something like 11 in first 3 months for a piss poor Crawley team. 22 years old and wanted by bigger clubs.

Callum Morton. Wba. Runs all day, plays the game and is pacey as fuck. We're shedding 6 figures on sheaf, spend another 6 on this guy and two seasons time we'll be laughing.

There are my 2 choices. I'm a few cans in as mentioned earlier but I'm still not pissed enough to consider Dabo in CM @Magwitch 🤔

Mucca Mad Boys

Here we go.

Two choices for you. Bez Lubala. Scored something like 11 in first 3 months for a piss poor Crawley team. 22 years old and wanted by bigger clubs.

Callum Morton. Wba. Runs all day, plays the game and is pacey as fuck. We're shedding 6 figures on sheaf, spend another 6 on this guy and two seasons time we'll be laughing.

There are my 2 choices. I'm a few cans in as mentioned earlier but I'm still not pissed enough to consider Dabo in CM @Magwitch 🤔

You’d have to be very pissed to consider Dabo a CM.

Skybluedownunder

Go onto insta and check out @ideal_gk
He looks a much better goalkeeping backup to Ben Wilson, his name is Declan McCarthy

The videos are pretty enjoyable to watch of his saves too

From what I can make out it looks like he plays for Fareham Town

Not saying this is someone we should sign but he does look bloody good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Go onto insta and check out @ideal_gk
He looks a much better goalkeeping backup to Ben Wilson, his name is Declan McCarthy

The videos are pretty enjoyable to watch of his saves too

From what I can make out it looks like he plays for Fareham Town

Not saying this is someone we should sign but he does look bloody good

Jesus Christ, he’s just having balls launched at him by a machine

Skybluedownunder

Jesus Christ, he’s just having balls launched at him by a machine

Ben Wilson has played roughly 40 first team games in his whole career at the grand old age of 27, half of them for Telford. For a reminder of Ben Wilson, here in him in action for Bradford against us...

... Average!

David O'Day

Ben Wilson has played roughly 40 first team games in his whole career at the grand old age of 27, half of them for Telford. For a reminder of Ben Wilson, here in him in action for Bradford against us...

... Average!

And a goalie that left fareham for the mighty arlesford town is good enough to be a pro?

larry_david

... Average!

Only average keeper in that clip is lee Burge

Users who are viewing this thread