Match Thread Reading (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
With sheaf filling in so admirably in defence, you'd hope he'd take up that position if needs are a must in the future. Leaving Dabo to play in his natural position.

Platnauer

If MR names today's starting XI, dont you think that we would be better to employ DaCosta at RCB & Dabo at RWB?
DaCosta certainly seems more proficient at defending and majority of his heads gone moments appear when he is attacking (over hitting crosses and/or crossing way too early).

Liquid Gold

If MR names today's starting XI, dont you think that we would be better to employ DaCosta at RCB & Dabo at RWB?
DaCosta certainly seems more proficient at defending and majority of his heads gone moments appear when he is attacking (over hitting crosses and/or crossing way too early).
DaCosta has zero positional sense. I wouldn't have him anywhere near a back 3.

Brighton Sky Blue

DaCosta has zero positional sense. I wouldn't have him anywhere near a back 3.

For their goal kicks he was positioned way up almost in line with the box while Maatsen was on the halfway line. I find it hard to believe he was really instructed to press that high

Mucca Mad Boys

For their goal kicks he was positioned way up almost in line with the box while Maatsen was on the halfway line. I find it hard to believe he was really instructed to press that high

DaCosta didn’t do much right in either of the last two games I’ve watch him. However, he is quite good at winning the ball high up, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he was instructed to be that high up. Dabo has the pace to cover him.

I took my mate to the game today and he’s never seen him play. The feedback was that he looked scared to make a progressive pass or to take his man on. Personally, I agree and Dabo’s cross for our first goal is what DaCosta needed to do.

Sbarcher

Loved it when we won the free kick when their man shoulder charged Dabo. Looked like he knackered himself charging into our brick outhouse!

Brighton Sky Blue

DaCosta didn’t do much right in either of the last two games I’ve watch him. However, he is quite good at winning the ball high up, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he was instructed to be that high up. Dabo has the pace to cover him.

I took my mate to the game today and he’s never seen him play. The feedback was that he looked scared to make a progressive pass or to take his man on. Personally, I agree and Dabo’s cross for our first goal is what DaCosta needed to do.

He doesn't seem to know what he's meant to do when he picks up the ball in the opposing third. Not sure when to take a man on, or hit the cross, or lay off the ball to the extent where he stands there almost hoping that someone will tell him. He works hard though and you can see he beats himself up when he makes a mistake.

Really think one of the coaches needs to put in some individual training time with him to get these fundamentals onboard as for all my faults I still see a player in there

Liquid Gold

It's weird because when he first burst onto the scheme against Forest last year all he did was beat men and swing balls in.

Today he took three touches to control the ball and have a look round then play the safest pass backwards. We just didn't have anything going down the right until he went off then all of a sudden we were rampant down there. Admittedly some of that will be because Dabo is incredible but he should still be providing something.

Garryb80

It's weird because when he first burst onto the scheme against Forest last year all he did was beat men and swing balls in.

Today he took three touches to control the ball and have a look round then play the safest pass backwards. We just didn't have anything going down the right until he went off then all of a sudden we were rampant down there. Admittedly some of that will be because Dabo is incredible but he should still be providing something.
He did make one excellent cross before he went off but generally he hampers the team just by not being dabo. The team as a whole work so much better with dabo at right back. Ohare and hamer especially combine very well with him.

Skybluefaz

See their gaffer had a whinge in his post match interview about having to deal with some 'very suspicious officiating'. Bit deluded given the amount of fouls they got off the ref. I presume he's mainly referring to the additional time but they brought that on themselves with time wasting and assistant manager getting the booking for gobbing off.

slowpoke

Bitterly disappointed with Sheaf and Dabo today but the result covered my petrol cost..... and as for my blood pressure when Godden got that winner .... well I'm now back in Essex recovering.
Sheaf ?? What the bloody hell are you on about apart from a m-o-m performance in midfield he dropped into the back three and looked like he had played CB for years and perhaps showed us all and Robins that should we ever need him to cover or even start CB no worries. Ben Sheaf has rammed the criticism of him all very quiet now right down the throats of some on here. Alongside Vik, another criticised by the way he’s the signing of the summer.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

I don't get this Sheaf love-in in defence. He was shaky there when they attacked, and positionally we were fragile. Fortunately, they didn't attach much, allowed him to bring the ball out and effectively play as an extra midfielder at times, and that masked the fragility.

Gint11

I like to look at opponents forums before and after the games.

To date the only fans who have given us any respect at all , have been Barnsley.
Ive trolled through the WHOLE 9 pages reading devouted too the game , and after being absolutely creamed for 98 mins they still think we're crap and they just weren't up to it . They think they should be cleaning out teams like us !
Well fuck you reading your shit not us.

yep I saw one poster who said “two crappy teams”

Unbelievable. Still raging about it. What a clueless moron

slowpoke

Sheaf coming out of midfield did leave a hole there which Reading certainly exploited a bit with there superb number 10 John Swift bloody good player ex Chelsea too !! if we had a spare million or two I’d look at him for our midfield. That gap gave them the space to attack our back line and I thought Sheaf stood up to it well considering.

fernandopartridge

yep I saw one poster who said “two crappy teams”

Unbelievable. Still raging about it. What a clueless moron
The "two poor teams" is a cliché trotted out by fans on these forums, usually as if it's some consolation to how shite their own team is. It's in the same bracket as "lost the dressing room" in its vacuity.

Sky Blue Pete

He did make one excellent cross before he went off but generally he hampers the team just by not being dabo. The team as a whole work so much better with dabo at right back. Ohare and hamer especially combine very well with him.
The one twos between Ohare and maatsen second half were brilliant. However what’s great is maatsen is gonna play top level but if he is then you look at Ohare and hamer and possibly Dabo and think maybe they will too

kg82

Sheaf ?? What the bloody hell are you on about apart from a m-o-m performance in midfield he dropped into the back three and looked like he had played CB for years and perhaps showed us all and Robins that should we ever need him to cover or even start CB no worries. Ben Sheaf has rammed the criticism of him all very quiet now right down the throats of some on here. Alongside Vik, another criticised by the way he’s the signing of the summer.
Look at the post he quoted.

Gibbo

four quick ones

1. There is sharp contrast between what was being said before Allen's goal and that after the game. Alot of re-writing history going on

2. There was also a contrast between what was said on here and what Bianca Westwood reported. She thought we were really good before the Reading goal and was about to say so, when out of the blue Reading scored.

3. Our victories have been against three teams that will be in the relegation scrap - and have all been narrow ones at that. Please be realistic (in my dreams)

4. Just how good was Godden's positioning, speed of feet and accuracy of shot. It was what sorts the professionals from the rest. And also O'Hare and Hamer in their desire to snatch a winner.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Loved it when we won the free kick when their man shoulder charged Dabo. Looked like he knackered himself charging into our brick outhouse!

giphy.gif

clint van damme

four quick ones

1. There is sharp contrast between what was being said before Allen's goal and that after the game. Alot of re-writing history going on

2. There was also a contrast between what was said on here and what Bianca Westwood reported. She thought we were really good before the Reading goal and was about to say so, when out of the blue Reading scored.

3. Our victories have been against three teams that will be in the relegation scrap - and have all been narrow ones at that. Please be realistic (in my dreams)

4. Just how good was Godden's positioning, speed of feet and accuracy of shot. It was what sorts the professionals from the rest. And also O'Hare and Hamer in their desire to snatch a winner.

I think most people are being realistic, and that reality is that we have improved massively and look like a Championship team.
We have 9 points on the board inaquarter of the time it took us last season.
Don't think anyone's getting carried away and I'm sure at times it will be tough going this season but we've had a great start which is worth enjoying.

BackRoomRummermill

four quick ones

It just goes to show the fickleness of some supposed learned Sky Blues . I was watching on I follow and even when they scored the Pen was confident we would not lose - any idiot could see that but the comments did not match up with what was going on the pitch . I reckon a few could not see the game and we’re slagging the team off based on Scoreline. So to those I suggest get a Ifollow pass - go to game or STFU

PUSB-We_are_going_up

It just goes to show the fickleness of some supposed learned Sky Blues . I was watching on I follow and even when they scored the Pen was confident we would not lose - any idiot could see that but the comments did not match up with what was going on the pitch . I reckon a few could not see the game and we’re slagging the team off based on Scoreline. So to those I suggest get a Ifollow pass - go to game or STFU
I think the people who are slating sheaf are probably the new boo-boys and didnt go

BackRoomRummermill

I think the people who are slating sheaf are probably the new boo-boys and didnt go

just my 10p worth - the way we are playing off the ball to make the runs -Reminds me a bit of England at the Euros - yes play from back but when you watch the next match at home have a look , did not seeSo much at Barnsley or Blackpool so a home thing but still there - sheaf - Hamer - Dabo - McFaz - backbone .Don’t think we will go down - mid table this year as a min . Fingers crossed on injuries and transfer market does not rockboat - esp with Hamer and Ohare

Gint11

four quick ones

I would add regarding point 3 that these are the games we would want to win. If we were down there fighting for our lives then we’d want to beat the teams around us like last season

PUSB-We_are_going_up

just my 10p worth - the way we are playing off the ball to make the runs -Reminds me a bit of England at the Euros - yes play from back but when you watch the next match at home have a look , did not seeSo much at Barnsley or Blackpool so a home thing but still there - sheaf - Hamer - Dabo - McFaz - backbone .Don’t think we will go down - mid table this year as a min . Fingers crossed on injuries and transfer market does not rockboat - esp with Hamer and Ohare
The way we played second half no reason we can’t go up

Gint11

Football is played in two ways, when you have the ball and when you don’t. Our energy and hassling like a pack of Wolves when we don’t have the ball is improving and one of the main reason of our success - it always puts the opposition on the back foot, then, it’s what we do with the ball.

what I am enjoying about the first 4 games is we are dominating teams with possession and with chances

last season you could see we were new to the league and a bit ‘rabbit in headlights’ until we got to grips with it.

My only criticism is we need to do more in the box and take these chances while on top. I keep saying it but at 0-0 when we are on top and missing chances it will bite us BUT getting Godden back solves that problem for me.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
manager Veljko Paunovic told BBC Radio Berkshire:

"It's a difficult loss. We played until the last second a pretty mature and good game.

"The first half went our way and, in the second half, we recomposed ourselves after their goal. We had a couple of situations we could have affected better but we lacked clarity in the final third and the final product.

"The last second is the only thing and I am very sorry because the guys fought very hard, very well. Not only against the team in front of us but against very suspicious officiating."

clearly not watching the game that took place at the CBS Arena. Everybody else at fault for the poor team performance he managed.

They got exactly what their time wasting deserved, nothing. Difficult to conclude that they were hard done to by the referee over the whole game.

Users who are viewing this thread