Match Thread Reading (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

Sheaf coming out of midfield did leave a hole there which Reading certainly exploited a bit with there superb number 10 John Swift bloody good player ex Chelsea too !! if we had a spare million or two I’d look at him for our midfield. That gap gave them the space to attack our back line and I thought Sheaf stood up to it well considering.

Swift was bang average yet again

Mcbean

Reading took the biscuit when No one wanted to take the free kick - masters of their own downfall - I thought the ref had booked Godden for a minute for the goal celebration but no ref matched to their bench - laughed like a drain

LastGarrison

O Hare quiet? He was involved in everything.
Da Costa was solid enough yesterday
We have more bars to visit in and around the ground than we have ever had since leaving HR
All about opinions but thought he was quiet, particularly the first half.

Solid is not a word I would associate with Da Costa. In fact it would be one of the last words I’d use. He’s a liability.

Not sure what your experience was but getting a beer in the ground before kick off and at half time considering the ground was only half full was painful. Looking at it with purely my sales head on the loss of revenue actually annoyed me. However, enjoyed Dhillons before the match and will definitely use it more this season.

Regardless great day and good to see many faces that you only ever see at the match.

Johnnythespider

Great performance and atmosphere yesterday.

Sheaf was class, although no one had a bad game, even if O’Hare was a little quiet. Da Costa is still a liability though!

Seem to have a really tight squad group and having the fans back appears to have really galvanised them.

My only gripe is, is there any chance they could open a few more bars? Nightmare getting a beer!
On a plus note the purity bar was open yesterday, the negative is i didn't realise until i went up to my seat just before kick off.

Mucca Mad Boys

He doesn't seem to know what he's meant to do when he picks up the ball in the opposing third. Not sure when to take a man on, or hit the cross, or lay off the ball to the extent where he stands there almost hoping that someone will tell him. He works hard though and you can see he beats himself up when he makes a mistake.

Really think one of the coaches needs to put in some individual training time with him to get these fundamentals onboard as for all my faults I still see a player in there

Agreed, I think there are attributes to be developed there! His performances are not great though.

The lack of faith shown in Pask has been slightly puzzling to me when compared to Da Costa

I don’t think it’s a faith issue - last season MR would’ve started Pask rather than DaCosta. Probably a falling out.

Liquid Gold

I was thinking about how shit their time wasting tactics are.

As annoying as MR is when we go one up putting men back behind the ball we never go somewhere and delay and time waste and feign injury when it's still a draw. I would get pissed off paying my money to have to watch the sort of game Reading serve up.

skybluepm2

Still on such a massive high from yesterday. What an incredible start we’ve had. It took us 13 games to achieve 3 wins last season (November) and every game up to then was a struggle. We are dominating games for long periods and the football is a joy to watch. The eruption and noise when we scored was one of the best feelings known to man.

Let’s enjoy the moment, there will be bumps along the way, but the team spirit, and bond between fans, players and management is something I don’t recall every witnessing in my lifetime. Couldn’t be prouder than I am right now to call myself a Sky Blues fan.

Pre ans post match, there is an anticipation, buzz and overall feel good factor. I must say that the Tevern and Dhillons brewery ar playing their part by providing brilliant venues and entertainment.

Props to Robins and every single man on that pitch in Sky Blue yesterday. Up against abysmal officiating and a woeful, boring and disgraceful time wasting shower of bastards who got nothing more than they deserved. The comments from their manager astounded me and I really hope that they and their shitty, silent fan base endure a disastrous season.

A fit Matty Godden could make all the difference this season. There’s a hell of a long way to go but we are here to stay and who knows what we can achieve. Enjoy the rest of your weekend SBA 🙌🏻

Fight ‘til the game is won! 💙

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I know he can't do it every week, but it should go down and the best cameo at centre half ever. Was unreal.

I think Mark Robins may well try him there again, nice option to have.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

manager Veljko Paunovic told BBC Radio Berkshire:

"It's a difficult loss. We played until the last second a pretty mature and good game.

"The first half went our way and, in the second half, we recomposed ourselves after their goal. We had a couple of situations we could have affected better but we lacked clarity in the final third and the final product.

"The last second is the only thing and I am very sorry because the guys fought very hard, very well. Not only against the team in front of us but against very suspicious officiating."

clearly not watching the game that took place at the CBS Arena. Everybody else at fault for the poor team performance he managed.

They got exactly what their time wasting deserved, nothing. Difficult to conclude that they were hard done to by the referee over the whole game.

The commentator on Quest TV summed it up perfectly , Coventry where all over Reading and deserved to win.

ccfcchris

super darren caskeyhttps://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/reading-forum.135870/

Nothing club
oxf*rd fans
oxf*rd away fans
Boring irrelevant never won oxf*rd all 3 years in the top flight blurts .

Cheers for the 3

:lol:

They've done sod all but dropped to league 2 in the last 25 years.

Well quite. I was a young man when Coventry were half decent for a season so that is saying something.

It’s saying they’re shit and have been for fcuking years.

Sort it out Pauno, losing to East Midlands shit like this.

I've just been browsing their forum. My goodness are they bitter. Absolutely great. If fans are starting to hate us we're going places.
PUSB

Speedies_Chips

Well quite. I was a young man when Coventry were half decent for a season so that is saying something.

It’s saying they’re shit and have been for fcuking years.

Sort it out Pauno, losing to East Midlands shit like this.

I've just been browsing their forum. My goodness are they bitter. Absolutely great. If fans are starting to hate us we're going places.
PUSB
They probably ought to look at a map if they think we are in the East Midlands.

robbiethemole

Right, enough of fuckin Reading......................we've beat the fuckers so leave 'em behind and move on.
we've used 30 pages, they've got 9 tells you everything about them.

TomRad85

I was thinking about how shit their time wasting tactics are.

As annoying as MR is when we go one up putting men back behind the ball we never go somewhere and delay and time waste and feign injury when it's still a draw. I would get pissed off paying my money to have to watch the sort of game Reading serve up.
I would say the same of both Forest and Barnsley so far. The standard of football in the league is overhyped at times, many teams play shocking football.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

TBF the worry preseason was we couldn’t score and looked brittle at the back with little cover. And those are the same worries now.

For their goal kicks he was positioned way up almost in line with the box while Maatsen was on the halfway line. I find it hard to believe he was really instructed to press that high

Maatsen did the same against Blackpool with JCS basically playing LB, Dabo was over to play RB. I think he was instructed to do that. I think he’s got to that point where everything is questioned and the worst assumed now.

Brighton Sky Blue

Maatsen did the same against Blackpool with JCS basically playing LB, Dabo was over to play RB. I think he was instructed to do that. I think he’s got to that point where everything is questioned and the worst assumed now.

Fair enough it makes sense just it looks so ‘DaCosta’ to do that without being asked.

Terry Gibson's perm

I missed the game why did the new man from Chelsea not play? We really seem to struggle with numbers at centre back.

D

Deleted member 2477

Right, enough of fuckin Reading......................we've beat the fuckers so leave 'em behind and move on.
we've used 30 pages, they've got 9 tells you everything about them.
Insignificant club that know one cares about and have never won fck all in their history with a fan base on par with MK Dons.

Warwickhunt

And then if you add on their coach arguing with ref and getting a booking you are well over 9 and Half mins. Time for us to have got a third

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ironic we scored in the time the ref added on because he went over to talk to the manager and trainer and book them both. Good job it was not the fat coach driver (Evans Gillingham) as we would still be playing now!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Warwickhunt

Exactly this. I thought their defence played well…lots of interceptions and challenges…otherwise it would easily have been 5 or more. But outside of their half Reading were atrocious and didn’t trouble Moore at all. Their one decent chance was the penalty given to them by a poor ball from Hamer and an unnecessary challenge from Dabo. As for the extra time added…if your coach doesn’t argue with the ref, if you take a free kick instead of waiting for the ref to walk and retrieve ball, if your subs leave the field in quick time and not waste as much as they dare…..then you go into the dressing room at 1-1 having gained an undeserved point. But with all the shenanigans Reading got exactly what they deserved…a big round zero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think its called Shithousery at its best:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bugsy

RegTheDonk

ironic we scored in the time the ref added on because he went over to talk to the manager and trainer and book them both. Good job it was not the fat coach driver (Evans Gillingham) as we would still be playing now!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just watched back the added time listening to their commentary. Plenty of times their commentators were urging their lot to waste time...then blurbed like toddlers at the additional time added. Laugh? I nearly brought a round.

Irish Sky Blue

Insignificant club that know one cares about and have never won fck all in their history with a fan base on par with MK Dons.
I hate the way that some teams play, the blatant frustrating time wasting,, the idea of rotation fouling, the take one for the team mentality. Forest, Barnsley and Reading are all guilty of this and I really feel something has to change to stop teams ‘managing games’. Let’s not kid ourselves but we do this to, maybe not as blatantly as the three teams mentioned, but we do.

One suggestion I have heard is that as soon as the ball goes out of play, the clock stops and only re-starts when play resumes. Timekeeping would be the responsibility of someone other than the referee. This may need the time given to the duration of the game having to be adjusted. At present I believe that in most games the ball is in play less than 60 mins. Maybe games could be 60 or 70 min duration. If that is pure game time we would probably see more football.

With regard to ‘professional ‘ fouls, the yellow card system doesn’t deal with this adequately, as could be seen at Barnsley. On a lot of occasions it is clear that the defender has taken an opponent out, not in a valid attempt to win the ball, but simply to halt a dangerous attack. In cases such as these, some form of sin bin would surely be a more appropriate and telling punishment for what is an act of blatant cheating.

With regard to Reading, I understand the feelings to the current punch of players and particularly the management team who dictated the negative, time wasting tactics, even the supporters who held on to the ball. ( remember Preston fans doing the same a few years ago when Joe Murphy had to go into the stand to retrieve the ball and Kama happened there too when Moussa equalised in the last minute).
However Reading as a club are a long standing institution, in no way compatible to MK. I’ve just looked up their history and they were formed 12 years before we were and have only been a member of the FL for one season less than us. Yes, most of their existence has been in the lower leagues, with smaller crowds than us, but some of the comments levelled at Reading FC are untrue and just plain daft. They are no more a tin pot club than we are and no doubt mean as much to their group of hard core fans as City do to all of us

Bugsy

CDK

You can hardly moan about us getting injury time winners,because teams like reading,Barnsley create that time and we play from the starting whistle to the final whistle and boy do we.pusb

Users who are viewing this thread