Match Thread Reading (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Well yet again we are the masters of our own downfall. Can’t defend/final ball lacking/chances missed again/down to 10 men. Only thing missing was we didn’t concede a penalty.

Osti did but the ref knew we were giving enough presents away without him adding more

Fergusons_Beard

Btw look at the 2nd goal replay and see that O Hare is chasing back but Shipley just stood there watching the ball.....

Both of them should have been closer to the player that scored though but Shipley clearly lost concentration again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sky Blue Pete

Easily 3rd best? Pete shut up he had 60 misn and did little

You know i agree staying up is all that matters and this season is going v well overall but don't troll tonight. Today was terrible unlike previous losses and we should never give up on a game after 47 mins.
Such a knob. His touch and hold up play was much better than baka and Max. You’re being mad

covcity4life

Not saying that at all. I just don’t think sacrificing a man in midfield to go two up top (esp Baka who has been mentioned) would necessarily have been the way to do it. We’ll never know thanks to another bout of horrendous defending for their second and the red card, but I think we’d have a better chance with the formation we started with.

In any scenario we would have lost for me. Their front four were on another level.
But we beat them earlier in season

Skyblue_CP

No he really didn’t and the fact that a 5 foot 7 inch midfielder has scored more headed goals this season that the selfie man who masquerades as a striker says all we need to know
This is also the "attacking midfielder" that hasnt got a single assist in 935 mins of football and then a bloke who has had less than a 3rd of the time on the pitch as said midfielder and has scored more goals, and has an assist!

Johnnythespider

Just watched the 3rd goal and Wilson should have saved it, it's 30 yds out and is hit about a yard to his left, no foot movement at all.

Paxman II

Look we outplayed them first half and make a schoolboy error to let them in. Second schoolboy error came within 30 seconds of the second half. Then we lost our heads and became sloppy and clueless. Shipley not good enough. O'Hare can run all day but there is just no end product from him atm. Needs benching. Wilson had little to do oddly, though the second goal I felt he should have stopped.
Really missing Kelly's influence. james looks a good signing, good vision at times but needs to get up to match speed and fitness, and it eventually showed. Hyam just seems to have lost form of late at a crucial time, made worse with McFaz's red now. Can't judge the new striker yet. was asking a lot to put him straight in. Much to work on over the next week. Giles and Allen have to play a role somewhere. Hamer must be pushed forward.

Nick

Administrator
Look we outplayed them first half and make a schoolboy error to let them in. Second schoolboy error came within 30 seconds of the second half. Then we lost our heads and became sloppy and clueless. Shipley not good enough. O'Hare can run all day but there is just no end product from him atm. Needs benching. Wilson had little to do oddly, though the second goal I felt he should have stopped.
Really missing Kelly's influence. james looks a good signing, good vision at times but needs to get up to match speed and fitness, and it eventually showed. Hyam just seems to have lost form of late at a crucial time, made worse with McFaz's red now. Can't judge the new striker yet. was asking a lot to put him straight in. Much to work on over the next week. Giles and Allen have to play a role somewhere. Hamer must be pushed forward.
We didn't outplay them.

Hobo

McFaz out puts us in a difficult spot now. I think a dressing room row or two might clear the air tonight. We began so well but looked disjointed so often. Shipley and not Sheaf? New signing straight in when Max has not been so bad. We are shot shy, and lack movement into the box. Team selection is critical now going forward.

New signing has been on bench behind two good strikers at Swansea. He needs games.
Starting him on bench would have achieved nothing. We have to back him and play him from start over 5 or 6 games. Bring him off when knackered.

Alkhen

Think it hurts more because it feels like ages since our last game. Over a week til the next one too 😭

Shite that Derby won, Oh well come on the Potters

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Robins has lost it:

'Losing McFazdean didn't help.'
'They are a good team.'
'We played well apart from the three goals.'

giphy.gif

AFCCOVENTRY

Here’s Robins

We’re playing against a very good team.
Got to stop those mistakes now.
We need to be more clinical.
This league in unforgiving.
Not good with ball in second half. Good in first.
Games gone after 2nd goal.
We are not tight with the ball.
Some of our play was positive. Good set pieces. But more negatives.
We are playing a really good team.
We were good tonight if you take the mistakes out (fucking hell serious man?)
Dust ourselves down and go next week. We can have a rest.
We need to get players fit.
Run of games at home and chance to dust ourselves again.
We have lost some of our confidence and playing with fear.
Viktor will suit one upfront for some games. Will be great if we can get Tyler and Matty back soon. Got injury issues not making issues.
We are done with players coming in this window.

stevefloyd

No, what's pathetic is throwing your toys out the pram when we get beat by a better team.

We've been shite tonight and comfortably beaten. It happens, they're miles better than us. Deal with it or go and support Man City.
The thing is I don't believe they were miles better than us, we contributed to our own downfall gifting them chances to score, I will concede their forward line were miles better than ours though

Brighton Sky Blue

The thing is I don't believe they were miles better than us, we contributed to our own downfall gifting them chances to score, I will concede their forward line were miles better than ours though

One striker gasping for air up front is not a forward line it's a dot

Users who are viewing this thread