Match Thread Reading (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

If you forensically analyse Shipley's performances and I had great hopes for him up to now, he dosses his way through matches at an alarming rate lately. Most of Cov's best attacks were up the right wing. McCallum gets very little help from JS on the left and even less defensive cover. I sincerely hope tonight isn't the beginning of a bad run of results because teams under us on the table are beginning to string good results together. I've a fucking headache after watching that match. Reading have some serious individuals for sure, but fannying around with the ball at the back like Cov did was juvenile stuff. Leo has a very poor first touch and how he didn't score that first header is unforgivable. Tonight was worrying.
More worryingly is why the fuck robins keeps picking him

Blind-Faith

If you forensically analyse Shipley's performances and I had great hopes for him up to now, he dosses his way through matches at an alarming rate lately. Most of Cov's best attacks were up the right wing. McCallum gets very little help from JS on the left and even less defensive cover. I sincerely hope tonight isn't the beginning of a bad run of results because teams under us on the table are beginning to string good results together. I've a fucking headache after watching that match. Reading have some serious individuals for sure, but fannying around with the ball at the back like Cov did was juvenile stuff. Leo has a very poor first touch and how he didn't score that first header is unforgivable. Tonight was worrying.
You can’t say that about Shipley! He was born in Coventry don’t you know? Oh and his mum might read skybluestalk

Paul O Donoghue

Robins defended him recently saying he'd been through a 'tough time' but he's running out of road after that shit show. His attitude lately has been unprofessional in all honesty . Lazy and lacking fire.

higgs

Watched the game
Should never have lost 3 0
Had chances to go ahead early on but missed them and once Reading scored you could see confidence draining away
Take a deep breath and carry on
Maybe the two new guys upset our system a bit hopefully when they get a bit more training sessions in and get familiar with their team mates that we can get the train back on the tracks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Malaka

Ha
Yeah mate. You banging on about mcfadz being a liability all season. Guys been our best cb.
Thank you for that. I post on here to let off steam occasionally. I thought that was what this forum was for not to be told to shut up. Obviously I was wrong. In future I will run all of my posts past you for your approval. By the was just because McFaz has been our best central defender, doesn't mean he is any good. That why were have one of the worst defensive records in the Championship.

johnwillomagic

Viktor looked bang average and ineffective so tbh not much different to Biamou or Baka or any of our forwards really in this league when we only play one up top.......tbf he did not get any service and was isolated but that's no different to the other scapegoats.

I think we may need to play two up top - we will need to play 4 at the back next game so think we will go 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 as someone has suggested - I'm tempted to go Mike Bassett and go 4 -4 ****n 2 tbh and stick Biamou or Baka up with him and pl

cov donkey kick

How did Viktooooor look on his debut, or should I wait for everyone to cool down before asking:(
Well didn't show that much, didn't impose himself running down the sides rather than in the box trying to look for any positives to be fair no service to the lad and Shipley, ohare not creative enough to link up but maybe a little early for that on the pitch. With max needing a cartlidge operation and playing through pain till end of season we have to hope he gets on the score sheet the sooner the better.

jordan210

Posted this in the Gyökeres thread but think its also relevant here

I have just watched the first 10-15 mins back.

Gyökeres spends a lot of his time running between the centre and left hand side as it appears Shipley doesn't stay in position for very long. He drifts about far too much. At times he behind the halfway line when we are trying to attack.

Gyökeres actually does a lot of work during this time and is the reason why COH had the 1on1.

But by drifting wide to try and create something leaves a gap as no one covers the strikers role.

COH currently plays wide and likes to dart inside, what I noticed is as soon as Dabo gets the ball he comes over to offer support. He is very quick to make a run behind the defence when he needs to or if Dabo loses the ball try to win it back. Shipley for example at times is nowhere near McCallum and doesn't offer him an outlet or an overlap like COH and Dabo. But as both players are then vs the left back. They can drop a defender in the space created in the middle and shut out our attack.

COH tends to make runs forward and is always looking up. Shipley made multiple lazy passes backwards when we are trying to attack.

This partly might be due to our right hand side being stronger with Dabo and COH. But at times COH is far to wide, So when the ball is played up to Gyökeres he has no one to pass too.

But the issue with the right hand side is it becomes predictable on what we are going to do. So when we try to cross it we only tend to have the striker in the box. So we just get man marked each time.

So our main issue with the AM's is the both play a completely different game to each other what in turn creates too much space in the middle. what then gets over run by defenders. With one up front the striker has no other option to drop/drift to try and get the ball but is shut out.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Posted this in the Gyökeres thread but think its also relevant here

I have just watched the first 10-15 mins back.

Gyökeres spends a lot of his time running between the centre and left hand side as it appears Shipley doesn't stay in position for very long. He drifts about far too much. At times he behind the halfway line when we are trying to attack.

Gyökeres actually does a lot of work during this time and is the reason why COH had the 1on1.

But by drifting wide to try and create something leaves a gap as no one covers the strikers role.

COH currently plays wide and likes to dart inside, what I noticed is as soon as Dabo gets the ball he comes over to offer support. He is very quick to make a run behind the defence when he needs to or if Dabo loses the ball try to win it back. Shipley for example at times is nowhere near McCallum and doesn't offer him an outlet or an overlap like COH and Dabo. But as both players are then vs the left back. They can drop a defender in the space created in the middle and shut out our attack.

COH tends to make runs forward and is always looking up. Shipley made multiple lazy passes backwards when we are trying to attack.

This partly might be due to our right hand side being stronger with Dabo and COH. But at times COH is far to wide, So when the ball is played up to Gyökeres he has no one to pass too.

But the issue with the right hand side is it becomes predictable on what we are going to do. So when we try to cross it we only tend to have the striker in the box. So we just get man marked each time.

So our main issue with the AM's is the both play a completely different game to each other what in turn creates too much space in the middle. what then gets over run by defenders. With one up front the striker has no other option to drop/drift to try and get the ball but is shut out.
Basically we need another COH

Old Warwickshire lad

We missed two good chances early on, and paid for it. Once their strikers got going they ripped us to shreds.
Strength,power and movement, we simply couldn’t cope with it.
Put it behind us and move on.

Reactions: AOM

stupot07

2 nill down, McFadzean gets himself sent off and they scored from the freekick

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Philosorapter

I think you need a new algorithm because Bakayoko has not been our best striker and Shipley has not been our best midfielder and Sam has not been that bad him, Dabo and Fadz probably the best defenders this season so far

I am happy with the accuracy of the numbers, the website I am taking them off is proudly displaying that they are a Ph.D. candidate, and it does feel right in the movement of the ratings, even if it is a bit bulkier and a lot less fluffy then Glicko-2, that this still can be used as a yardstick.

The passage of time is not here at the moment to make these charts reliable.

I have a feeling over a longer timeframe they may become useful.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I am happy with the accuracy of the numbers, the website I am taking them off is proudly displaying that they are a Ph.D. candidate, and it does feel right in the movement of the ratings, even if it is a bit bulkier and a lot less fluffy then Glicko-2, that this still can be used as a yardstick.

The passage of time is not here at the moment to make these charts reliable.

I have a feeling over a longer timeframe they may become useful.
If you say so

steve cooper

The problem is, if either Giles or McCallum are left out of the squad it might trigger a recall, based on what their respective clubs think might happen going forward. Ideally we need to keep them both in the squad until the window closes, (if I'm correct in thinking season long loans can only be recalled in a window). Would mean Sheaf dropping out though.
Oh dear!
We should have kept him happy until the end of the window as some of us said.
Now, not only have we lost one of our best attacking options, we have gifted him to Rotherham

Paxman II

TBF Bournemouths form had been slipping of late. While Reading have improved in confidence and results, even though I don't think they are that good. We could and should have done much better against them.

Users who are viewing this thread