Match Thread Reading (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

why is it for some on here every decent result we have is down to some 'gift' and nothing to do with the team getting a deserved result?
What a joyless fucking existence some of you cunts lead.

My existence is pretty joyless at this point in time as it happens. Tonight about as depressing as it gets

Brighton Sky Blue

We had tightened up alot, that's gone backwards in recent weeks again... With fadz out we mat have to go 4 atb, which in my opinion at this level is still the superior system and more balanced in attack and defense... We may now be forced to try something different

4 at the back is now forced I think

Liquid Gold

What a shit result albeit not surprising against a good team. We have now scored in just 1 of our last 7 games, and more worryingly in just 1 of our last 15 halves of football.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Liam Kelly scored our last goal, apart from the deflected effort at Millwall, and he’s been out for an age.

This season we started good going forward but couldn’t defend, then we went to solid at the back without producing much. Now we’re leaking at the back with no firepower. It’s a worry.

Sky Blue Pete

How were we still in the game? It's delusional, you know for a fact Robins isn't going to try and get back into the game.

Corner counts don't count.
It takes time building a squad and you need to manage your expectations or you will be deeply frustrated all year. 4th from bottom is success this year. Matty james is very good and him and hamer will protect the defence but we will struggle to score. The new striker is easily the third best in the squad and he held it up well but we will struggle for goals.

Somehow hoping it were different won’t change them facts.

Staying up is the aim and so far we are ahead of target and are improving the squad each window

procdoc

I'm just really pissed off with this display and the trend. Expecting it in advance doesn't make it suddenly enjoyable
I’m just confused that the general consensus was to try to survive, yet when we get beat by a better team people have a meltdown saying everyone is shit. Yes we are comparatively shit to a majority of teams, but we were expecting that to be the case. I don’t understand the logic that we were expected to finish low and then throw the toys out of the pram when we lose a game

Grendel

McFaz out puts us in a difficult spot now. I think a dressing room row or two might clear the air tonight. We began so well but looked disjointed so often. Shipley and not Sheaf? New signing straight in when Max has not been so bad. We are shot shy, and lack movement into the box. Team selection is critical now going forward.

Biamou is useless you clown

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm just really pissed off with this display and the trend. Expecting it in advance doesn't make it suddenly enjoyable

What trend? We beat Millwall, we lost to Reading? Don't be pissed off by a defeat away to a top 6 side. We are in a higher division than we've been in for years. Manage your expectations and have a cup of tea - you'll feel better (and every City defeat pisses me off, but our trend has been from L2 to Championship within 3 seasons if you want to look on the bright side!)

P.S. Jordan Willis gone off injured for Sunderland who are 1-0 down at home to Plymouth, if that helps too?!

CCFCSteve

First half we were well in the game and lots were still staying we were poor

Agreed, Reading looked open and thought we had a decent a chance second half. Need to be more clinical and cut out sloppy individual errors at the back and we’ll be fine...been saying something similar for most of season though

ps stoke beating Rotherham at least

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m just confused that the general consensus was to try to survive, yet when we get beat by a better team people have a meltdown saying everyone is shit. Yes we are comparatively shit to a majority of teams, but we were expecting that to be the case. I don’t understand the logic that we were expected to finish low and then throw the toys out of the pram when we lose a game

If we'd fought and lost 2-1 or a tight 1-0 I can understand that and have done in the past. Tonight was abject surrender and we again didn't look like threatening anything from 10 minutes onwards

Brighton Sky Blue

What trend? We beat Millwall, we lost to Reading? Don't be pissed off by a defeat away to a top 6 side. We are in a higher division than we've been in for years. Manage your expectations and have a cup of tea - you'll feel better (and every City defeat pisses me off, but our trend has been from L2 to Championship within 3 seasons if you want to look on the bright side!)

P.S. Jordan Willis gone off injured for Sunderland who are 1-0 down at home to Plymouth, if that helps too?!

To compound matters I don't like tea Harry

covcity4life

It takes time building a squad and you need to manage your expectations or you will be deeply frustrated all year. 4th from bottom is success this year. Matty james is very good and him and hamer will protect the defence but we will struggle to score. The new striker is easily the third best in the squad and he held it up well but we will struggle for goals.

Somehow hoping it were different won’t change them facts.

Staying up is the aim and so far we are ahead of target and are improving the squad each window
Easily 3rd best? Pete shut up he had 60 misn and did little

You know i agree staying up is all that matters and this season is going v well overall but don't troll tonight. Today was terrible unlike previous losses and we should never give up on a game after 47 mins.

Londonccfcfan

We had tightened up alot, that's gone backwards in recent weeks again... With fadz out we mat have to go 4 atb, which in my opinion at this level is still the superior system and more balanced in attack and defense... We may now be forced to try something different

Yeah let's face it.there is no back up with Rose injured.

I'd play one of the defensive midfielders there in the middle of 3. Can't do worse. May work!

Adge

Well yet again we are the masters of our own downfall. Can’t defend/final ball lacking/chances missed again/down to 10 men. Only thing missing was we didn’t concede a penalty.

Mcbean

Onwards and upwards - Wednesday here we come - O Hare got no room and Shippers was absent for most of the game

Evo1883

Reading will have ambitions of automatics.. With a bit of luck we could have taken something tonight and taken 4 or 6 off them this season, if them 2 go in early doors it's. A different match.

Ultimately they had the quality to punish our mistakes and we didn't have it to punish theirs... And that why they are 3rd and we are fighting for survival

Fergusons_Beard

Fine Margins in this division.

A few missed chances, a few mistakes and we punished. It’s a learning curve but we’ll be ok.

Robins needs to learn to look after his squad though.

It’s already cost him Kelly (who shouldn’t have played Tues-Sat-Tues) Godden (Who was rushed back too soon) and Walker (Played too many minutes in too many games).

Hyam and that back 3 have not had a break and it tells. They’re making mistakes from tiredness that could be avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skyblue_CP

No he really didn’t and the fact that a 5 foot 7 inch midfielder has scored more headed goals this season that the selfie man who masquerades as a striker says all we need to know
Now i can't take you seriously, you are defending a player that frankly if my 90 year old gran who can barely walk had the same amount of chances hes had this season, she would have scored more goals.

stay_up_skyblues

So just to confirm you are saying that if go 2 down the game SHOULD be over and we SHOULDNT try to get back into it?

Not saying that at all. I just don’t think sacrificing a man in midfield to go two up top (esp Baka who has been mentioned) would necessarily have been the way to do it. We’ll never know thanks to another bout of horrendous defending for their second and the red card, but I think we’d have a better chance with the formation we started with.

In any scenario we would have lost for me. Their front four were on another level. I don’t put the result on MR.

Hobo

Looking at the grand scheme of things - away at Reading - do we really have to win that? Now children can we all collect the toys and put them back in the box. Then we can all go home to bed.

Reactions: PVA

Users who are viewing this thread