Match Thread Reading (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Rather than setting up not to concede and hoping to nick something on the break I would like to see us be adventurous and have a crack.
I would revert to a back 4, play Kelly, Hamer and Sheaf in midfield with Kelly sitting in front of centre backs. Biamou and Godden up front with O'Hare sat in behind.

Marosi
Dabo, Ostigard (or Fadz), Hyam, McCallum
Kelly
Hamer, Sheaf
O'Hare
Godden, Biamou

3D85629F-55F2-41E0-B9B3-ACD06443CA08.jpeg

Reactions: PVA

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There is the part of me that hopes Reading come into the game complacent given the two teams respect form and ability to score/not concede.

higgs

This is exactly the type of game we could win when it would be so unexpected we are cov.

I can't see how reading have gone from fighting relegation to all of a sudden top of the table I don't think they will be up there at the end of the season false position for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Realistically, we’re going to lose this one by two goals, comfortable for Reading.

I’m just praying we snatch an early lead and hold on for even a draw.

Grendel

You can’t mention playing a diamond and not expect an Andy Thorn response.

Im sorry, I don’t make the rules.

Thorn and robins are about the same at this level on points per game aren’t they so far for us?

Mucca Mad Boys

They are top of the league, dropped 2 points all season and have conceded just 3 goals, scoring 15. We have scored just 2 goals (1 from open play) in our last 6 games and are leaking goals at a rate of 2 per game.

No one will be more surprised than us if we get even a point out of the game on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We drew and probably should’ve beaten Swansea who moved into 2nd last night. Perhaps we can sneak a result, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Warwickhunt

they have got their shit together and we will get mullered if we open up against them, they have an excellent play on the break routine! we cannot keep making mistakes.

ccfc1234

Is Baka injured?
Would be comfortable starting Baka and Walker or Max any 2 from 3. My overarching point was Godden has performed a thankless task and has run himself into the ground for 3 games in a row and i feel we need to look at squad management for some games.

lordy_87

Data this data that analytics this. Bollocks. Reading are clearly a very good team and we'll do well to get anything from this game.

shmmeee

Thorn and robins are about the same at this level on points per game aren’t they so far for us?

“So far, for us” he says, as if it’s not 8 games into the season, as if the circumstances are the same.

Have a day off mate. Maybe you can use it to figure out who would get better out of this squad. Eventually Robins will leave, it still won’t make that thread of yours any less cringeworthy so you may as well leave it.

Hobo

If we all pretend you are right will you go into a corner, gloating and stop posting?

Grendel

“So far, for us” he says, as if it’s not 8 games into the season, as if the circumstances are the same.

Have a day off mate. Maybe you can use it to figure out who would get better out of this squad. Eventually Robins will leave, it still won’t make that thread of yours any less cringeworthy so you may as well leave it.

I fail to see the logic. If he can’t create a survival strategy given our finances are unlikely to change does he just get a free pass?

Grendel

If we all pretend you are right will you go into a corner, gloating and stop posting?

Statistically I am right

Skybluebeliever

Marosi
Dabo Osti McFadzean Hyam McCallum
Sheaf Hamer Kelly
Godden Walker​

Wilson, Rose/Pask, Giles, O'Hare, Biamou, Baka + one of Shipley, Allen, Hilssner or Jobello depending on fitness.

Hamer to be slightly ahead of Kelly and Sheaf trying to link up with the strikers.
Not entirely sure about which strikers to play as Godden and Walker may be too similar, so could either play Biamou to challenge for the slightly longer balls we seem to be playing or Baka to try and spring him from a Hamer through ball, as well as hopefully use his size better than he usually does.

Still think it'll be a game best watched through the fingers and if we don't lose it's a start to ending the rut.
Bapaga I think is a great talent has been in squad last two games , so think he will be ahead of a few of these , think jobello will be given a chance too, biamou appears to have taken over from Baka . If Kelly is not selected on Friday we know robins does not see him in first eleven ( I think he should be)

Hobo

Statistically I am right
Statistics can be made to mean anything.

I dont know why you are so keen to see Robins fail? Other than to massage your ego? Or overcome your short man syndrome?

Grendel

You're comparing Thorn with Robins, this makes you, statistically, a numpty.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not if the outcome ends up the same - if we don’t stay up we will in all likelihood vanish given our ground situation. Leicester sacked their most successful manager of all time - it was the correct decision

Grendel

Statistics can be made to mean anything.

I dont know why you are so keen to see Robins fail? Other than to massage your ego? Or overcome your short man syndrome?

I don’t know why you put a rather short man who’d jump at a minutes notice if offered a better deal before the club you claim to support - managers are vessels and entirely disposable - whats odd is you seem emotionally invested in a 50 year old man and get very defensive when he’s questioned. Bit silly isn’t it?

Brighton Sky Blue

Not if the outcome ends up the same - if we don’t stay up we will in all likelihood vanish given our ground situation. Leicester sacked their most successful manager of all time - it was the correct decision

Who would you hire to replace him?

covmark

He's got credit in the bank. He's a long way off from deserving the sack mate. Last night was shit, but finish 4th bottom and that's a success. There's time before you need to call that taxi.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Who would you hire to replace him?

Ive not even said get rid of him but you’d rather a short term boost manager if it’s needed - we need to stay in this league and that’s that. If he can do it fine - honestly I’m surprised how bad we look and I never would see logic in retaining a manager when relegated

Hobo

I fail to see the logic. If he can’t create a survival strategy given our finances are unlikely to change does he just get a free pass?

What is your logic? Survival strategy? Tactics?

You don't get a free pass either.

Users who are viewing this thread