Match Thread Reading (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

It really doesn’t say it all. Managers sometimes just are in the right place at the right time.

No one at the time thought Sillett and Curtis were good appointments at all.Nielsen was another cheap one and he didn’t do badly at all - Slade on the face of it wasn’t bad so it’s stupid to name names

What I don’t get is the argument if we go down to retain him. It rarely works and unless we want to be the next Burton Albion - which I don’t I wouldn’t advocate it as you are basically hoping we get back up again and then accept he can’t keep us up - again

You’re throwing away a steady job for a lottery ticket. Managers who outperform their wage bracket to the extent you’re expecting are like hens teeth. We’ve found exactly one in twenty years and you want to sack him.

Aside from anything else, if you can’t allow a manager a poor run of less than 10 games at a significantly higher level after three years of continual success, when they hell can you? If you ran the club it’s be Richardson and his paying off five managers at a time all over again.

As much as you wish it were true to save your face, Robins isn’t the problem anything like as much as the fact we’ve got a L1 squad in the Championship.

Grendel

You’re throwing away a steady job for a lottery ticket. Managers who outperform their wage bracket to the extent you’re expecting are like hens teeth. We’ve found exactly one in twenty years and you want to sack him.

Aside from anything else, if you can’t allow a manager a poor run of less than 10 games at a significantly higher level after three years of continual success, when they hell can you? If you ran the club it’s be Richardson and his paying off five managers at a time all over again.

As much as you wish it were true to save your face, Robins isn’t the problem anything like as much as the fact we’ve got a L1 squad in the Championship.

I haven’t even said sack him anyway but it’s ridiculous to pretend relegation is an achievement

Leicester sacked a manager who won the premier league a few months before

I know who I would try and recruit if we were starting to fall adrift but there is no point in debating it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Marosi
Dabo - Leo - McFadzean/Hyam - McCallum
Hamer - Kelly - Sheaf
O'Hare
Walker - Godden

Godden up front on his own isn't working and the AM roles have been consistently shite.

Not sure exactly what formation you would put them in, but they are probably our best 11 players give or take.

SlowerThanPlatt

If I was Robins/Boddy I’d be concerned about whwre the next sellable asset is. If no one goes out then it’s hard to see anyone worthwhile coming in and if the squad is as poor as some think that sounds like trouble

It’s why sadly I agree with Fisher that the club cannot compete at Championship level with this business model

shepardo01

If I was Robins/Boddy I’d be concerned about whwre the next sellable asset is. If no one goes out then it’s hard to see anyone worthwhile coming in and if the squad is as poor as some think that sounds like trouble

It’s why sadly I agree with Fisher that the club cannot compete at Championship level with this business model
Expect to see Bapaga involved in the very near future.

chiefdave

Is it as simple as getting rid of Robins? The whole club has been set up to play the same way, do we scrap the whole lot and start again?

And what about Viveash's role, are we getting rid of him as well? It was only a couple of months ago we had players speaking to the press about the coaching here being the best they'd received anywhere.

Not saying Robins is untouchable but 8 games into a season playing at our highest level in nearly 10 years with a tiny budget compared to pretty much every other club in the division seems very early to be talking about pulling the trigger.

Brighton Sky Blue

If Walker and Hamer have good seasons you could argue them.

Brighton Sky Blue

I mean in January. The club is getting no more outside money from the likes of Maddison and Wilson so it relies on the current squad

Right, yeah there’s nobody. Might need to go to Joy and make the case that the consequences of relegation would be worse than an immediate injection of cash.

Skybluebeliever

I would think 3/4 to go in January ( that’s if we can get rid of them ) this could free up enough cash to bring in one player

skyblueinBaku

It seems to me that the players' confidence is low and getting lower with each defeat. They seem to be beaten before the game kicks off. I can't see anything other than another loss against Reading unless they start to believe in themselves.

cc84cov

It seems to me that the players' confidence is low and getting lower with each defeat. They seem to be beaten before the game kicks off. I can't see anything other than another loss against Reading unless they start to believe in themselves.
I can’t stress it enough this is why Liam Kelly cannot be sat on the bench he’s out captain and leader we need him out there not sat with kasta on the bloody bench !!!

The Reverend Skyblue

I liked Robin's comments post match especially regarding when are we going to have a go.
We have players who run forward 20 yards who then turn back and pass it back 30 yards, and they do this almost every time they get the ball. We have at least two players so terrified of a tackle that's it's embarrassing to watch them.
I hope Robins has now read them the riot act, as if we go on like this we'll be relegated by January, so I'm positive that they now know they have to get stuck in more and be more positive with the ball and actually try and create chances.
Hence I'm going for a 2-1 skyblue win, how many times in the past have we won when total underdogs, it's time this attitude returns and we start to fight for every inch on the pitch

Reactions: AOM

clint van damme

I can’t stress it enough this is why Liam Kelly cannot be sat on the bench he’s out captain and leader we need him out there not sat with kasta on the bloody bench !!!

I strongly suspect he will be but with at least 14 mid week games this season don't expect to see him starting every game.

Frostie

Marosi
Dabo - Leo - McFadzean/Hyam - McCallum
Hamer - Kelly - Sheaf
O'Hare
Walker - Godden

Godden up front on his own isn't working and the AM roles have been consistently shite.

Not sure exactly what formation you would put them in, but they are probably our best 11 players give or take.

I'd be terrified defensively with that setup.
Hyam, Rose, McFadzean would all be exposed for pace in a back 4 plus you'd lose most of your attacks from wide.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sheaf, Hamer & Kelly together though but in more of a 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-1

Irish Sky Blue

It really doesn’t say it all. Managers sometimes just are in the right place at the right time.

No one at the time thought Sillett and Curtis were good appointments at all.Nielsen was another cheap one and he didn’t do badly at all - Slade on the face of it wasn’t bad so it’s stupid to name names

What I don’t get is the argument if we go down to retain him. It rarely works and unless we want to be the next Burton Albion - which I don’t I wouldn’t advocate it as you are basically hoping we get back up again and then accept he can’t keep us up - again
Rotherham kept faith with Warne which didn't work out too badly. If you have a good manager who has a plan, why would you want to ditch all of that?
We would appear to have a huge budget deficit over every team in this league apart from Wycombe. Anything above second bottom is over achieving therefore.
The target is still survival. We have played teams mainly in the top half of the table. We need to find 3 teams that are worse than us (or two teams and Sheff. Wed) and finish above them. That will be success for us this year.

johnwillomagic

Warne is going quietly about his job - I'm sure they have a lower budget than us so at this early stage of the season he certainly seems to be doing better than Robins so far,,,,,,,,however it is early days and we have had some tough fixtures,

Robins has done brilliantly for us so far but I think if anything his limitations are a little bit of stubbornness and unwillingness to try to alter things when things are not going entirely to plan - I think we need to try something different for Reading and would like to see two up top and
Sheaf, Hamer & Kelly all starting in centre of park with Hamer a little further up the park.....will MR do it though.

Johhny Blue

There seems to be some posters on here who have him down as an extremely limited footballer, which I don't get.

He defo makes mistakes and has bad games, but I think he is technically more proficient than both Hyam and Rose and can pick a pass better too.

Makes me feel a bit sick when he tries clever little turns when being closed down by opposition forwards mind. 🤮

Basically what I'm saying is, just stick him up front.
We could use the muscle up there

Johhny Blue

I haven’t even said sack him anyway but it’s ridiculous to pretend relegation is an achievement

I know who I would try and recruit if we were starting to fall adrift but there is no point in debating it
Isn’t debating it the whole point of a forum?
Anyone can say “I know who’s better but I’m not saying”
Throw out the name for discussion

PVA

He can't or he'll make himself look stupid again.

Last year he said he'd rather have Ainsworth.

Grendel

Because there is some kind of nonsense belief that attractive football and losing football are some kind of acceptability - years ago I was arguing we should have moved heaven and earth to sign Warnock but most liked Chris Coleman’s coat

Grendel

He can't or he'll make himself look stupid again.

Last year he said he'd rather have Ainsworth.

Says the person who tosses off over photos of Lee Burge

Brighton Sky Blue

Don’t be shy G if they’re available now they’ll likely be available in a few months.

cc84cov

Allen & Shipley can not possibly keep their places Friday,Kelly has to come back in & so does a striker we are not gonna nick it 1-0 against a team scoring plenty like reading,

Users who are viewing this thread