Question of sport trio axed. (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

I don’t like her. All she did was “play” women’s football and now we have to put up with her all over our screens, presenting , dancing and throwing her twopenneth in on every football show going. And why is she getting all these opportunities? Is it because of how great she is at everything? Highly doubtful.....

Liquid Gold

I don’t like her. All she did was “play” women’s football and now we have to put up with her all over our screens, presenting , dancing and throwing her twopenneth in on every football show going. And why is she getting all these opportunities? Is it because of how great she is at everything? Highly doubtful.....
Could literally be said about any form professional athlete that's now on TV in any other capacity. Including Dawson and Tuffnell.

covmark

I think she's a decent pundit. Better than a lot of the dross we normally have to put up with. Michael Owen and Jamie Redknapp to name but two.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

I also can’t stand the Sue Smith either, I just switch off when she starts talking. Michelle Owen is ok and the same goes for Bianca Westwood.

Ring Of Steel

Am I going to loose sleep over it? No. But it’s her, she just fucking winds me up.

Sue Barker- former sportswoman aged 41 when she replaced a 71yr old
Alex Scott- former sportswoman aged 35 when she replaced a 64 yr old

At a bit of a loss to understand what all the fuss is about tbh

1nilandwe...

Attractive? Smart? I’d rather stick my dick in a beehive. She’s just an ex “professional” footballer whoring herself out to any programme she can get on because she ticks boxes
Also, while we're at it, there is so much not to like about this post.
1. Undermining women's professional football. How do you propose she should have been more professional?
2. Why is the furthering of her television career "whoring herself out"? Is it possible that she is simply accepting offers of well paid work whilst she is in demand? Like anybody else in her profession would?
3. I'd be fairly confident that she'd rather you stick your dick in a beehive too.

clint van damme

I'm trying to think why appointing a professional sportswoman with a degree in sports journalism and broadcasting to present a TV sports quiz is triggering the response it is. It's mystifying, it real is, what is some peoples problem with her, i can't put my finger on it.

Blind-Faith

Also, while we're at it, there is so much not to like about this post.
1. Undermining women's professional football. How do you propose she should have been more professional?
2. Why is the furthering of her television career "whoring herself out"? Is it possible that she is simply accepting offers of well paid work whilst she is in demand? Like anybody else in her profession would?
3. I'd be fairly confident that she'd rather you stick your dick in a beehive too.

1. women’s football is awful, truely awful
2. The woman’s on everything!
3. No that’s fair enough, no argument from me on that one 😂

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Attractive? Smart? I’d rather stick my dick in a beehive. She’s just an ex “professional” footballer whoring herself out to any programme she can get on because she ticks boxes
She'll be cheap.

David O'Day

I can't get enough of people losing their shit because a sports presenter who played 140 times for England, has a degree in sports journalism and broadcasting and is now an experienced sports presenter gets a gig hosting a sports quiz.

Hook it to my veins.

No pop no style, I'm strictly roots!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think the point has been spectacularly missed by a lot on here.

The issue is that in order to fill diversity quotas, very able people are being sacked from their jobs unnecessarily. How would some of you feel if you lost your job for no reason other than this fact?

I couldn't give a toss about Matt Dawson as a presenter really, but if you are filling a job to tick a box and taking it away from someone else in the process then there is a problem. I don't see anyone really frothing at mouth about this. It is just being pointed out.

ajsccfc

Looks like the only thing that would qualify her for the job in the eyes of Twitter racists is skin bleach.

NorthernWisdom

Surely the only people who should really care about this, are people who avidly watch it, and really enjoy the current line-up?

The rest of us shouldn't really give a shit, surely?

Unless we're all planning to watch it now? And if so, they'd be entirely right to make a change!

Liquid Gold

Surely the only people who should really care about this, are people who avidly watch it, and really enjoy the current line-up?

The rest of us shouldn't really give a shit, surely?

Unless we're all planning to watch it now? And if so, they'd be entirely right to make a change!
Nope, everything is fair game in the culture war.

ajsccfc

I'd argue that changing the lineup isn't an unnecessary move, it's one that they're most likely trying before swinging the axe on the whole format.

David O'Day

I'd argue that changing the lineup isn't an unnecessary move, it's one that they're most likely trying before swinging the axe on the whole format.

This is the most likely reasoning, it's a 50+ show that has been creaking for years. They've tried making it sub comedy sports quiz and all it flopped so this is the last chance before the go nuclear on it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This is the most likely reasoning, it's a 50+ show that has been creaking for years. They've tried making it sub comedy sports quiz and all it flopped so this is the last chance before the go nuclear on it.

They need younger blood but those who are actual achievers in sport and not just there for the sake of diversity or youth.

Why not Nicola Adams as a captain ? Household name, achieved everything in her sport and now retiring. She's charismatic, and would attract some younger viewers.

lifeskyblue

They need younger blood but those who are actual achievers in sport and not just there for the sake of diversity or youth.

Why not Nicola Adams as a captain ? Household name, achieved everything in her sport and now retiring. She's charismatic, and would attract some younger viewers.

Yes would like to see adams as a captain. I feel Alex Scott is on tv too much...bit like Balding a few years ago. Hope a captain is not Savage or Sutton...or god forbid Ian Wright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

Yes would like to see adams as a captain. I feel Alex Scott is on tv too much...bit like Balding a few years ago. Hope a captain is not Savage or Sutton...or god forbid Ian Wright.

Christ alive don’t say she’s on tv too much! She’s got a degree don’t you know

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'd have Dion Dublin ahead of them any day. Make a good captain but perhaps on telly enough already.

Evo1883

I'm just glad Clinton Morrison didn't get a job on it... Atleast be thankful for that, with all the talented BAME people out there how that illiterate twat keeps getting work is beyond me

lifeskyblue

Yes Dublin over those three every day of the week. Scott as presenter so might avoid a footballer as captain.

Blind-Faith

I’d have Nicola Adams one side , Rylan the other captain and RU Paul presenting. All bases and boxes ticked then so no one can complain

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I’d have Nicola Adams one side , Rylan the other captain and RU Paul presenting. All bases and boxes ticked then so no one can complain

Poor Nicola Adams if that were the line up.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I can't get enough of people losing their shit because a sports presenter who played 140 times for England, has a degree in sports journalism and broadcasting and is now an experienced sports presenter gets a gig hosting a sports quiz.

Hook it to my veins.

No pop no style, I'm strictly roots!

Do you reckon she'd present it in her 'alterback?

Users who are viewing this thread